Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TH3 View Post
    Man U is in some serious trouble over the next few weeks... the striker problem is very troublesome
    But they have Ole Gunnar..... :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
      But they have Ole Gunnar..... :D
      But he's injured for a couple of months, as is Saha.

Which means we have Rooney and Smith who is just returning from injur and we're entering the most important part of the season.

But yeah, it's wicked apart from that...:|

Comment

• I can't see Fergie not making a huge play to keep Larson at the last moment... but all signs point to him not... sad

Comment

• Arsenal havent been able to defend set pieces all year, and it finally bit them in the ass. PSV was supposed to be on a skid as well and it should have been a cake walk for Arsenal but no dice. No one really comes out of these first knockout stages as a lock for the championship, it should be really interesting from here on out.

Comment

• Another great win for Spurs today, the stiker group of Keano, Berbs, Defoe and Mido is one of the best in the world and mark my words; Tottenham is going to win a major cup this year.
            myspace.com/infantreemusic

Comment

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=pXRUmFNM3...elated&search=

video of the Valencia vs Inter 1/8 Champions League BRAWL for anyone who wants to see, it was an ok fight.

And yeah Tottenham is looking pretty solid right now.

former #1 in post count on this site
              first to 500 posts

Comment

• Originally posted by rchrd View Post
                Agreed. I was suprised anyone on an NFL draft site would care about 'soccer' in the first place, but it's cool there are a few. Now I just gotta get you all to support Crystal Palace. Former home of USA internationals Gregg Berhalter and Jovan Kirovski. We pretty much suck though, so I dont really recommend it.

We do have an academy out in the states though, and a team I believe. We've already had a few American youngsters over to train and stuff.

Good luck with that. Hopefully, they'd sooner support Coventry.

To be honest I had you as 2nd favourites for promotion this year. I can't figure out why your doing so averagely. Maybe selling Johnson and losing your excellent coach (now at us), is why your doing so bad. I like your chairman, he's young and ambitious
                Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
                  Good luck with that. Hopefully, they'd sooner support Coventry.

To be honest I had you as 2nd favourites for promotion this year. I can't figure out why your doing so averagely. Maybe selling Johnson and losing your excellent coach (now at us), is why your doing so bad. I like your chairman, he's young and ambitious
                  I like Dowie as well, but he was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect. Hopefully he is young and determined enough to iron some of his problems out (his record with transfers is a massive issue). His total inability to work with certain players didn't seem to improve at all either. On Palace, we sold our only good striker and 3/4 of our defence, our midfield has been riddled with injury to the point where players like Lawrence and Kennedy have been starting in the middle. Ben Watson should start his first game of '07 this week though.

It was always going to be a tough year.
                  What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                  It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• Have not checked here in a while........pretty cool this thread is still going strong. Anyway, I am shocked Inter is out. I had them pegged to win the whole thing.

Personally I am pumped for the UEFA cup as Newcastle has to be one of the favorites. The 4-2 win over AZ was a good start to the leg. Conceding 2 away goals is never good, but I dont see AZ beating us by 2 even if they are at home.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I'm pumped for this weekend:

Barca-Real Madrid on Saturday

Inter-AC Milan on Sunday

Those are the games I get plus some mediocre Primera/Bundesliga/Serie A action, but I'm shocked to find that I don't get any FA Cup coverage. Chelsea and Tottenham are my two favourite teams to watch and I don't even get that game.

Robbie Keane is a tank.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by rchrd View Post
                        I like Dowie as well, but he was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect. Hopefully he is young and determined enough to iron some of his problems out (his record with transfers is a massive issue). His total inability to work with certain players didn't seem to improve at all either. On Palace, we sold our only good striker and 3/4 of our defence, our midfield has been riddled with injury to the point where players like Lawrence and Kennedy have been starting in the middle. Ben Watson should start his first game of '07 this week though.

It was always going to be a tough year.
                        I often get stick for my support of Dowie, but as soon as we fired Adams, I was begging we appointed him. He did wonders at Oldham and you, especially to get you promoted when you were relegation candidates going into that season. I thought he would be good for Charlton, and I couldn't understand why he was sacked. He seems a good tactition and good with the media.

What's happened with Watson? He was a good young player the year you were in the premiership, and I thought he would go onto better things.
                        Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                        #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• This is what i want to happen, this is not my prediction of what will happen.

I want Chelsea to win it but if i had to put my money on it i wouldnt take them to win. So post what you want or think will happen.

former #1 in post count on this site
                          first to 500 posts

Comment

• You post what you think will happen, because you will probably be right. There could easily be 3 English teams in the final 4. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Chelsea over Roma in the final, and yes that means I think Roma will upset Man U. I might be a little biased because that Mancini goal was just plain brilliant and now I like them because of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N19h4N7o4Q0 (in french hehe)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ncp_Tt45R...elated&search= (in italian)
                            Last edited by etk; 03-09-2007, 08:51 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• David Villa will not let me down GO VALENCIA

Comment

• I am going with Bayren to at least make it to the finals. If they get past AC i think they can handle Man U with issues, and Roma as well.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information