Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cdmPSU17 View Post
    I started getting into footy a couple of years ago (that's what playing FIFA nonstop in college does to you I suppose) and I wanted to pick a club that wasn't just buying titles or Champions League spots. I'm a huge Zeppelin fan, and Robert Plant's a lifelong Wolves fan and I think the honorary VP or something like that, so there you go.

Sorry you didn't make a similar choice ;) Looking forward to BCD's next year (hopefully).
    Ah fair play. Yeah I know he's involved with the club in some capacity but not too sure what exactly.

Haha all down to my old man, he started supporting West Brom as a kid going with his mates and then when I was born there was no question who I was supporting! Wouldn't have it any other way mind.

I expect you'll stop up, even if you don't beat Sunderland you should beat Blackburn which I think will be enough. Two of my best mates are Wolves fans though so although it would be nice to see you go down, the banter is great when we play each other (especially considering the last 4 years or so ;))

Comment

• Wow, WTF? I can't believe this thread is buried so low.... where are our European football fans?

USA had a game last night.......

Anyway, great new commercial right here for adidas soccer

Comment

• Kind of laughable that adidas has to include Juna Aguedelo in that commercial. People need to relax with him.

Comment

• Liverpool signed Jordan Henderson from Sunderland for a pricy amount and look to be sending N'Gog out. Wonder what some of the UK posters think.

He seems to have decent pace, skills, shooting ability and looks to be a deadly crosser from the right which we need especially when Carroll becomes a first team mainstay. Heard we are still after Charlie Adam and maybe Downing.

Would like to see another striker and possibly a lwb or cb.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
            Liverpool signed Jordan Henderson from Sunderland for a pricy amount and look to be sending N'Gog out. Wonder what some of the UK posters think.
            Depends on the price, I've heard from 13m ranging to 20m with N'Gog in talks to go the other way. He's a decent player with a lot of potential, created quite a lot for Sunderland last year and they seem quite upset at losing him. Could well be the next Gerrard if given time to learn, it's more the potential upside with him that the price is this high imo. It's a lot of money but it's what he's worth in 5 years time that will hold the key to this deal, could prove to be a snip in 8-10 years time if he's still there and has fulfilled his potential. There's always a risk with these kind of deals, just a case of making the right calculated risks.

Clear to see Liverpool's transfer strategy though, young, british and with a ton of potential (missed out on Jones from Blackburn who should be going to Man Utd). Certainly splashing the cash this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
              Clear to see Liverpool's transfer strategy though, young, british and with a ton of potential (missed out on Jones from Blackburn who should be going to Man Utd). Certainly splashing the cash this year.
              I wonder if that was the plan all along or a plan they are semi-forced to adopt because of no European football.

Comment

• if I used my birthday money to get a Benny Feilhaber jersey, would it be the best thing ever or the worst thing ever?
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• epic flop pretty much handing the US the game now.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    if I used my birthday money to get a Benny Feilhaber jersey, would it be the best thing ever or the worst thing ever?
                    Definitely the worst.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Who is benny felharbour

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
                        epic flop pretty much handing the US the game now.
                        Nice win last night vs the Panama Canals for the Yanks.
                        Freddy Adu with his most significant play ever for team USA? Great feed to get that lone goal started.
                        Young Juan Agudelo looked good as well, with his header unfortunately bouncing off the crossbar.
                        Those 2 guys are so much faster & quicker than Altidore, but not as strong obviously.

Still, I like the Mexicans to roll Saturday night, 2-0, in the final.
                        Is nobody else watching this Gold Cup schit?

I had to watch it in Espanol on Univision last night, at least in HD.

Comment

• I've been watching when I can. Didn't see any yesterday but caught some highlights. Awesome pass by Donovan and a nice one before that by Adu like you said.

Not sure if I'll catch Saturday, but I'm excited for the matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                            I've been watching when I can. Didn't see any yesterday but caught some highlights. Awesome pass by Donovan and a nice one before that by Adu like you said.

Not sure if I'll catch Saturday, but I'm excited for the matchup.
                            Is the game in Los Angeles? If so, the Mexicans will have about 90,000 fans there, a home game for them.

Why doesn't ESPN televise these matches, stupid b*stards.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              Is the game in Los Angeles? If so, the Mexicans will have about 90,000 fans there, a home game for them.

Why doesn't ESPN televise these matches, stupid b*stards.
                              Fox Soccer probably has exclusive rights. These matches are worth more to them than they are ESPN.

Comment

• The game is at the Rose Bowl. It was weird FSC didn't have the Mexico game on last night.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information