Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    Fine. Lets talk about how big of a douche/blowhard Harry Redknapp is.

I don't like this comment Rob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      Fine. Lets talk about how big of a douche/blowhard Harry Redknapp is.
      lets talk about how Quade Cooper is really a kiwi

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        lets talk about how Quade Cooper is really a kiwi
        I prefer Rugby League to Union!

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
          lets talk about how petero cironicevo is really fijian hahahha

im just yankin your chain. australia rugby is really at its finest right now. League is always a good watch with the State of Origin series just passed. the reds just won the super league title. the wallabies DISMANTLED the springboks last week. they are my pick for the world cup. i hope they smash the bluddy all blacks

Comment

I love that mark in your signature. One of the best of the past decade.

I played a little Footy for a few years here in Austin. Fun game.

Comment

• I'm just impressed you know that it is called a 'mark'!

Comment

I'm just impressed you know that it is called a 'mark'!
                I starred at that sig for a good 2 min straight. That's amazing man.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                  I really hope you get a capable Co-manager, cause when he was in germany, while he was the motivator, the guy with a vision, Lw was pulling most of the strings
                  This. I don't understand all the hooplah and excitement for Klinsmann. As a friend of mine put it,

"Klinsmann has had two gigs in his life. He coached Germany and finished third in the WC. With a team that talented and playing at home, it's hard to say how much of that was Klinsmann's merit, considering that Loew was his assistant coach. The other, 1 season with Bayern Munich that saw him canned before the season ended. Sure, he's marketable, but can someone remind me why the US is incredibly excited for this guy?"

In any case, there's one more thing I forgot to say a while ago:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

/end late celebration

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• you are missing the best/most depressing part: Howard being absolutely destroyed about it after the goal

Comment

• Hopefully the US can finally start playing attacking football. Bradley/Arenas were using prehistoric strategies (one striker -- really?) and always seemed to want to outwork and out-grind other teams instead of outplaying them. And it's not like the US doesn't have enough talent to do this -- Japan this year, Ghana, and even Uruguay. Those squads aren't supremely talented, I'd put the US about on par with them (Uruguay being better, but US not far behind).

It was also excruciating to watch Bradley/Arenas play players that they were loyal to, would work hard, but ultimately sucked (Ricardo Clark, Claudio Reyna, Benny Feilhaber, Robbie Findley, Hercules Gomez, Edson Buddle, Bornstein, I'm looking at you...). It was good to see Bradley finally do something out of character and go for a risk in playing Adu in the Gold Cup and it payed off. This conservative style of soccer needs to go, it's why England hasn't won a World Cup in forever.

Comment

• Spurs went from 33/1 to 7/2 to sign Kaka in the space of a few hours.

wtf

Comment

Spurs went from 33/1 to 7/2 to sign Kaka in the space of a few hours.

wtf
                          Happens all the time, I wouldn't read too much into it. Bidding on N'Zog to Newcastle was closed several times this summer.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Obviously it means diddly squat, but I'm interested in why it happened.

Comment

Obviously it means diddly squat, but I'm interested in why it happened.
                              Probably one monster bet placed swung the odds dramaticly.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Well yeah, that's how gambling works, but why did the person do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information