No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope Gladbach don't **** up CL qualification, they have a strong starting 11 and have put together a great bench with guys like Mlapa, Rupp and Zimmermann who have the talent to be better than some of the starters.

---------------De Jong---------------------
    -------------------------Hanke-------------
    ---Arrango --------------------- Hermann---
    --------------Nordtveit - Xhaka--------------
    -Daems - Stranzl - Dominguez - Jantschke-
    ter Stegen

Peniel Mlapa - ST/W
    Igor De Camargo - ST/CF

Lukas Rupp - AM/W
    Ezequiel Calvente - W

Tolga Cigerci - CM/AM
    Alexander Ring - DM/CM

Matthias Zimmermann - RB/LB
    Oscar Wendt - LB
    Roel Bouwers - CB
    Anderson - CB

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• ter Stegen is such a boss
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        I agree. Width would be provided from the full backs though. I'm sure you have seen Debuchy and Santon is very offensive minded as well. Also, HBA does whatever the **** he wants basically. I still think it's Carroll or Ba though.
        Problem becomes you'd have to push those fullbacks up a lot to keep the middle from getting clogged and that leave big holes for the CBs and Tiote to fill. It could work against lesser teams that you're not really afraid of on the counter, but that's just not a formation that I think would be able to hold up against most of the good to elite teams in the EPL or EL.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          Problem becomes you'd have to push those fullbacks up a lot to keep the middle from getting clogged and that leave big holes for the CBs and Tiote to fill. It could work against lesser teams that you're not really afraid of on the counter, but that's just not a formation that I think would be able to hold up against most of the good to elite teams in the EPL or EL.
          Yeah, that was exactly my point. No way we can play that away from home vs anyone or at vs any of the top half.

Comment

ter Stegen is such a boss
            Yeah, I'm going to be very interested to see how he takes over for Dante as the voice of the defense. Last year MAtS could focus a lot more on his own game, as Dante and Favre had the defense very well organized in front of him. This year ter Stegen is going to have a lot more responsibility over the whole defensive unit. If he has another great year it'll be time to start wondering whether Neuer really is Germany's best keeper.

Plus that midfield is filthy, Hermann's one of the fastest players in the Bundesliga with a great deal of skill, Arrango is a speedy little bastard with a marvelous left foot, Nordtveit is a poor-man's Khedira or Marchisio with his motor and ability to contribute on all levels, and Xhaka as the QB, taking over Dante's responsibilities for launching their counterattacks.

BK

Comment

Yeah, that was exactly my point. No way we can play that away from home vs anyone or at vs any of the top half.
              Yeah, I'm with you on that. That's why I think securing the Debuchy deal, picking up Anita to reinforce the midfield and snagging a naturally wide winger should be higher priority than sealing up another striker.

BK

Comment

Yeah, I'm with you on that. That's why I think securing the Debuchy deal, picking up Anita to reinforce the midfield and snagging a naturally wide winger should be higher priority than sealing up another striker.
                I don't think we need Anita honestly. Losing Guthrie hurts, but Perch is a great squad player and Dan Gosling and Medhi Abeid can do a job as well. Not saying he wouldn't be welcome, but we have higher priorities.

Wingers are not too much of a concern if I'm being honest. Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson, and Ryan Taylor can all do a job.

Striker and CB are very concerning to me. Imagine Cisse and Ba head off to AFCON.....since Best and Lovenkrands are gone, Shola Ameobi is out #1 striker with Nile Ranger possibly #2. That's atrocious.

CB is not quite a grim. Williamson is great cover, but behind him I don't really trust anyone. With Saylor having quite the injury history, it worries me quite a bit.

Comment

• I'll have to trust your sense of Newcastle's Squad players since I don't watch the EPL often enough to have strong opinions on those players. I like Anita a lot though, think a trio of him, Tiote and Cabaye could be your best chance at competing in midfield against the top teams in the EPL while still letting Ben Arfa have a free role as one of the front 3.

BK

Comment

I'll have to trust your sense of Newcastle's Squad players since I don't watch the EPL often enough to have strong opinions on those players. I like Anita a lot though, think a trio of him, Tiote and Cabaye could be your best chance at competing in midfield against the top teams in the EPL while still letting Ben Arfa have a free role as one of the front 3.
                    I would ideally like to go 4-3-3 as well. I just think that Ba's morale will be a big issue if he isn't playing in the middle.

Comment

• The best news for Newcastle this year though is that Senegal and Ivory Coast play each other in a qualification game for AFCON. At least we won't be losing Cisse, Ba, and Tiote.

Comment

• Just noticed Ramadan ends on August 17th this year! Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Hatem Ben Arfa, and Cheick Tiote can drink water during games!

Comment

Just noticed Ramadan ends on August 17th this year! Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Hatem Ben Arfa, and Cheick Tiote can drink water during games!
                          That's great news! You could see the effects of it last year with Ba and Tiote. Ba didn't start playing well until it finished and Tiote looked sloppy in the first few games of the season.

Comment

• Did anyone catch the Newcastle friendly today? Sammy Ameobi looked great....I could really see him emerging this year or next and taking Jonas' place in the starting 11.

Comment

• Rosebud me old san, not sure if you know but Yesil is starting tonight for Liverpool in the cup, and by all accounts is having a pretty useful game.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                                Rosebud me old san, not sure if you know but Yesil is starting tonight for Liverpool in the cup, and by all accounts is having a pretty useful game.
                                That's great to hear. That kid could be so special if he Liverpool's goal drought doesn't rub off on him. His movement and passing are excellent and he's got great instincts when he's the guy in the box getting the ball. Just needs to work on his physical strenghth, his shot power and adjust to higher and higher levels of competition.

BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information