• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the toonies:

pardew signs 8 year extension

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19747531

Comment

• I really liked this from Ashley. Pardew is the man! Feels so good to have some stability for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
        I really liked this from Ashley. Pardew is the man! Feels so good to have some stability for once.
        pardew is sexy. he gives off that anderson cooper vibe.

i hope rob's day gets better with this news.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
          pardew is sexy. he gives off that anderson cooper vibe.

i hope rob's day gets better with this news.
          twas good news for sure. did not improve my day though; I should've probably just smashed one of my monitors.

In other news, FIFA 13 was awaiting me when I arrived home. Who should I play with first? The Toon?
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• How does Raheem Sterling already have 3 kids? He's 17 for christ sake. Is shooting for double digits before he turns 21?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              How does Raheem Sterling already have 3 kids? He's 17 for christ sake. Is shooting for double digits before he turns 21?
              Holy ****. I didn't know that. That's amazing.

Comment

• Eight years is a bit much, isn't it? Is he really that unquestionably proven to where you would commit yourself to him for that long of a time? I haven't really followed Newcastle enough to say how good of a manager Pardew is, but I would only support that long of an extension for practical legends a la Ferguson. I know Newcastle has been plagued by instability, but at the same time the solution shouldn't be tying yourself to one manager for so long either.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                  Eight years is a bit much, isn't it? Is he really that unquestionably proven to where you would commit yourself to him for that long of a time? I haven't really followed Newcastle enough to say how good of a manager Pardew is, but I would only support that long of an extension for practical legends a la Ferguson. I know Newcastle has been plagued by instability, but at the same time the solution shouldn't be tying yourself to one manager for so long either.
                  I'm sure they aren't on the hook for eight years. If Pardew chews out some bad results I'm sure they have a mechanism with which they could use to get rid of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                    I'm sure they aren't on the hook for eight years. If Pardew chews out some bad results I'm sure they have a mechanism with which they could use to get rid of him.
                    Yeah. There's no way he is actually tied down for that long if they wanted to sack him. It's more a signal of intent than anything.

Comment

• Ugh. Cabaye is out Saturday with a tooth problem.

Comment

• this looks so fun.

Comment

• Do want.

****, I don't play soccer nearly enough anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            Ugh. Cabaye is out Saturday with a tooth problem.
                            I guess Tiote came back at a good time. Still sucks though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud
                              Hate to root against St. Pauli, but they need to lose today.
                              How has De Bruyne looked in the Bundesliga? Looks like he's scoring a decent bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                How has De Bruyne looked in the Bundesliga? Looks like he's scoring a decent bit.
                                I've actually not watched Werder closely before today and the whole team has looked very sloppy. He's a talent when he gets the ball in position to go at players, but today was a very bad day to judge Werder's players as they were losing the ball in their own half and should've given up a lot more than the 3 goals they did end up letting Augsburg score.

That said I think he's in a good spot with Werder. They've been playing a lot without a true striker and a very attacking midfield where he gets to play a very vertical midfield role next to Junuzovic and Hunt, which will let him run at defenders, and get forward to score goals when he's not playing the false nine.

From what I've seen he reminds me a lot of Ramires and Marchisio. Guys who cover a lot of ground vertically and have the offensive skill to not just carry the ball to the attackers, but get forward and score when they get the chance.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information