Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etk
    This says soccer thread, so here goes:

Where is Henry headed? Milan? RMad? Barca?
    Henry stays at Arsenal. If he would have left Arsenal, it would have happened last year when he was at his most uncomfortable and uneasy about his future. Considering he signed a contract extension and is visibly more pleased with Arsenal, the rising youth team, the brand new stadium, I think it is a pretty clear cut thing that he will stay at Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jango
      Originally posted by NYmoney
      Originally posted by UKfan
      here's a thought, what if an englishman ever tried to buy an NFL team? Like the Pats or Giants? People here would be just as livid as Man U fans were when Glazer took over Man U.
      QFT
      ?
      Quoted for Thruth, he agrees with what you are saying.

Originally posted by JJJ888
      I'd rather see an American owner start a premiership club in America...that's my own personal dream.
      That would never work. Unlike the NFL, which only has one league and thus any new team would have to enter at that league, a new team would have to start at the very bottom and work its way up which would take 15-20 years. I doubt an owner would wait that long.
      [/quote]

not if they shell out a ton of cash....
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S
        Originally posted by Jango
        here's a thought, what if an englishman ever tried to buy an NFL team? Like the Pats or Giants? People here would be just as livid as Man U fans were when Glazer took over Man U.
        QFT
        ?
        Quoted for Thruth, he agrees with what you are saying.

Originally posted by JJJ888
        I'd rather see an American owner start a premiership club in America...that's my own personal dream.
        That would never work. Unlike the NFL, which only has one league and thus any new team would have to enter at that league, a new team would have to start at the very bottom and work its way up which would take 15-20 years. I doubt an owner would wait that long.
        not if they shell out a ton of cash....
        No, it doesn't work like that. There have been clubs for years who have tried to progress up the league, poured money, blood and heart into it, the fans who have spent year upon year tryying to get tickets for the big game that could mean promotion or more. Now imagine a team just walking in, throw a ton of cash at the authorites and hope to enter the highest league. It just won't happen, not in England, where money isn't the crux of very matter.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
          What do you mean more history? I think your insane... People on here are just to young, that is why the history is the way it is. There is no different outside the age of some teams.

As for the changing to rival's... It doesn't happen all the often and it probably happens in the English premier league, but you just don't follow it close enough or something.

How about Ashley Cole or Michael Owen?

when did either of them move to rivals? cole went from arsenal to chelsea and owen went from liverpool to real madrid to newcastle...

but your honestly telling me that more people in America know more about their teams histories than fans of soccer teams in England...because thats insane...

Comment

if anyone tells me the entire soccer system is not based around greed they need a swift kick in the ass...

Comment

Originally posted by TH3
              if anyone tells me the entire soccer system is not based around greed they need a swift kick in the ass...
              it is driven by greed for money but just not as much as sports here IMO

Comment

Hicks will drive Liverpool into the ground, sorry but that's the truth.

What do you think about the Italian matches (particularly the CL matches and Celtic (Hail!Hail!) and AC Milan) being played behind closed doors?

'Mon The Hoops

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
                  Hicks will drive Liverpool into the ground, sorry but that the truth.

What do you think about the Italian matches (particularly the CL matches and Celtic (Hail!Hail!) and AC Milan) being played behind close doors?

'Mon The Hoops
                  :( does he have a bad track record or something, I heard he was a pretty good owner of the Texas Rangers.

It doesn't matter where the Celtic games are played, barring anything stupid Milan should go through comfortably.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by PMD

What do you think about the Italian matches (particularly the CL matches and Celtic (Hail!Hail!) and AC Milan) being played behind close doors?

'Mon The Hoops

is it at AC? and is it because of all the problems they had with fans and security and whatnot?

Comment

Originally posted by PMD

'Mon The Hoops
                      :( does he have a bad track record or something, I heard he was a pretty good owner of the Texas Rangers.

It doesn't matter where the Celtic games are played, barring anything stupid Milan should go through comfortably.

Just look at what the Rangers have done in the past couple years. Comfortably through my arse, typical English.

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
                        Originally posted by PMD

'Mon The Hoops

Just look at what the Rangers have done in the past couple years. Comfortably through my arse, typical English.
                        I'm not going to argue, guess we will just see in a few weeks. If Celtic get through more power to them. I'd like them to win, I just 100% cannot see it happening.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Don't worry m8, we'll prove you wrong.

Comment

So TH3 how does it feel now that Man U's best player Cristiano Ronaldo is headed to Spain pretty soon?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk
                              So TH3 how does it feel now that Man U's best player Cristiano Ronaldo is headed to Spain pretty soon?
                              while I am sad he will be leaving.... I am happy.... his skip is top notch but if he dosnt want to play for Man U he needs to go.... Owen Hargraves will be here come the summer and that will weaken the loss and I expect us to make a move for Darren Bent as well.... and if/when he leaves it will be Rooneys time to shine... to become the "wonder boy" and become what he many think he could be

Comment

Originally posted by TH3
                                Originally posted by etk
                                while I am sad he will be leaving.... I am happy.... his skip is top notch but if he dosnt want to play for Man U he needs to go.... Owen Hargraves will be here come the summer and that will weaken the loss and I expect us to make a move for Darren Bent as well.... and if/when he leaves it will be Rooneys time to shine... to become the "wonder boy" and become what he many think he could be
                                That is the stupidest thing ever. First of all, Ronaldo will not leave, he has become one of the best players in the world here and will be offered a new contract to reflect it. How will Hargrevees, A defensive midfielder weaken the loss? We will have a 34 year old Giggs and Park ji-Sung on the wings, that's not good enough. Why would we want Darren Bent, considering that Charlton have rejected an £18million offer for him, why would we pay more? And as for the Rooney thing, you obviously don't watch and united games. He already is the wonder boy, he is already shinning, he is going to become one of the best ever, Ronaldo does not restrict his progress, it just helps it and the club, having two of the best youngersters in the world. The fans love them both, never stop singing their name, why would Ronaldo want to leave?

Your post, upon more reading of it, makes no sense at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information