X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jango
    Originally posted by TH3
    Originally posted by etk
    So TH3 how does it feel now that Man U's best player Cristiano Ronaldo is headed to Spain pretty soon?
    while I am sad he will be leaving.... I am happy.... his skip is top notch but if he dosnt want to play for Man U he needs to go.... Owen Hargraves will be here come the summer and that will weaken the loss and I expect us to make a move for Darren Bent as well.... and if/when he leaves it will be Rooneys time to shine... to become the "wonder boy" and become what he many think he could be
    That is the stupidest thing ever. First of all, Ronaldo will not leave, he has become one of the best players in the world here and will be offered a new contract to reflect it. How will Hargrevees, A defensive midfielder weaken the loss? We will have a 34 year old Giggs and Park ji-Sung on the wings, that's not good enough. Why would we want Darren Bent, considering that Charlton have rejected an £18million offer for him, why would we pay more? And as for the Rooney thing, you obviously don't watch and united games. He already is the wonder boy, he is already shinning, he is going to become one of the best ever, Ronaldo does not restrict his progress, it just helps it and the club, having two of the best youngersters in the world. The fans love them both, never stop singing their name, why would Ronaldo want to leave?

Your post, upon more reading of it, makes no sense at all.
    I agree with what your saying Jango, there is no way united should sell Ronaldo. You'd probably be 10 points less this year without him, he has been that amazing. He may want to leave, it was heavily rumoured so in the summer after he was murdered by the disgruntled English media. I can see him going, but it would be the wrong decision.

Darren Bent would go for about £10-12 million in the summer if Charlton are relegated. However I'm noticing a trend of overspending on English talent to keep the league somewhat national, eg Ashley Young, Carrick ect.

I think you, like most of the world are overating Wayne Rooney. Sure he is a very good player, but reports of him being somesort of reincarnation of Pele are greatly exaggerated. He has been dreadfully inconsistant this year, had a terrible world cup and has a very poor temperment. Aside from the occasional wonder goal, he isn't nearly as good as everyone says.
    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
    #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S
      Originally posted by NYmoney
      Originally posted by UKfan
      here's a thought, what if an englishman ever tried to buy an NFL team? Like the Pats or Giants? People here would be just as livid as Man U fans were when Glazer took over Man U.
      QFT
      ?
      Quoted for Thruth, he agrees with what you are saying.

Originally posted by JJJ888
      I'd rather see an American owner start a premiership club in America...that's my own personal dream.
      That would never work. Unlike the NFL, which only has one league and thus any new team would have to enter at that league, a new team would have to start at the very bottom and work its way up which would take 15-20 years. I doubt an owner would wait that long.
      not if they shell out a ton of cash....
      No, it doesn't work like that. There have been clubs for years who have tried to progress up the league, poured money, blood and heart into it, the fans who have spent year upon year tryying to get tickets for the big game that could mean promotion or more. Now imagine a team just walking in, throw a ton of cash at the authorites and hope to enter the highest league. It just won't happen, not in England, where money isn't the crux of very matter.
      They could just take over a lower division team and move them to New York. Milton Keynes Dons, in League 2, were once Wimbledon. The decision would be extremely unpopular as fans would have no way of still following them, but that would be the way to go.
      #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

Wow, AdrianWilson I'm completely with you about Rooney, when Liverpool play the Mancs Ronaldo gives me kittens, Rooney doesn't at all, Carra and Sami/Agger keep him pretty quiet.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianWilson12
          Originally posted by Rob S
          Originally posted by UKfan
          here's a thought, what if an englishman ever tried to buy an NFL team? Like the Pats or Giants? People here would be just as livid as Man U fans were when Glazer took over Man U.
          QFT
          ?
          Quoted for Thruth, he agrees with what you are saying.

Originally posted by JJJ888
          I'd rather see an American owner start a premiership club in America...that's my own personal dream.
          That would never work. Unlike the NFL, which only has one league and thus any new team would have to enter at that league, a new team would have to start at the very bottom and work its way up which would take 15-20 years. I doubt an owner would wait that long.
          not if they shell out a ton of cash....
          No, it doesn't work like that. There have been clubs for years who have tried to progress up the league, poured money, blood and heart into it, the fans who have spent year upon year tryying to get tickets for the big game that could mean promotion or more. Now imagine a team just walking in, throw a ton of cash at the authorites and hope to enter the highest league. It just won't happen, not in England, where money isn't the crux of very matter.
          They could just take over a lower division team and move them to New York. Milton Keynes Dons, in League 2, were once Wimbledon. The decision would be extremely unpopular as fans would have no way of still following them, but that would be the way to go.
          To be fair, the logistics would be a nightmare. In the NFL, there are 16 games a season, once every week. In England, especially in League 2, there are about 44 games, played all over the place in no real structure, I really can't see something like that happening.

As for Rooney, I feel you are being a little harsh on him. Sure, he has been a little inconsitent this year but he gets vital goals, he gets the crowd going, he never gives up, he can change a game in a instant. Take the Portsmouth FA cup game, he came on from the bench and won us the game, with one of the best goals. He works his ass of every game and about hit temprement, it make him who he is. I would he would be firey, play with passion and get the odd booking here and there then be a timid player who avoids getting stuck in, it's the English way to get stuck in. And for him being poor in the World Cup, that's extremly harsh on him. He was rushed back from an injury on his foot and played even though he shouldn't have been playing. He was rushed back and he suffered from it. But is shows you his importance to England if they are willing to keep him in the squad and risk all they could to play him, the stand they effectively took is that a half fit Rooney is better then a fully fit Bent or Defoe. Look at England games and United games with Rooney and without Rooney and you can see a stark contrast. He is importnat to both his club and national team and while he's not the best player in the world now, he certainly has the potential and ability to become one of the bests.

As for Ronaldo, he would left last summer if the media had got to him. This year he takes all the stick and has produced some of the best displays of the year, after the second half the fans just give up as they realise that it has no effect on him. And the United fans absolutely love him, every time he gets the ball at Old Trafford the whole crowd goes wild, it is a great atmosphere and I'm sure he must enjoy it.

I agree though, English talent seems way overpriced for no reason. Often you can get young, possibly better players in the same position from the rest of the world for much cheaper then it would cost for an English player in the same mould.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianWilson12
            Originally posted by TH3
            Originally posted by etk
            So TH3 how does it feel now that Man U's best player Cristiano Ronaldo is headed to Spain pretty soon?
            while I am sad he will be leaving.... I am happy.... his skip is top notch but if he dosnt want to play for Man U he needs to go.... Owen Hargraves will be here come the summer and that will weaken the loss and I expect us to make a move for Darren Bent as well.... and if/when he leaves it will be Rooneys time to shine... to become the "wonder boy" and become what he many think he could be
            That is the stupidest thing ever. First of all, Ronaldo will not leave, he has become one of the best players in the world here and will be offered a new contract to reflect it. How will Hargrevees, A defensive midfielder weaken the loss? We will have a 34 year old Giggs and Park ji-Sung on the wings, that's not good enough. Why would we want Darren Bent, considering that Charlton have rejected an £18million offer for him, why would we pay more? And as for the Rooney thing, you obviously don't watch and united games. He already is the wonder boy, he is already shinning, he is going to become one of the best ever, Ronaldo does not restrict his progress, it just helps it and the club, having two of the best youngersters in the world. The fans love them both, never stop singing their name, why would Ronaldo want to leave?

I agree with what your saying Jango, there is no way united should sell Ronaldo. You'd probably be 10 points less this year without him, he has been that amazing. He may want to leave, it was heavily rumoured so in the summer after he was murdered by the disgruntled English media. I can see him going, but it would be the wrong decision.

Darren Bent would go for about £10-12 million in the summer if Charlton are relegated. However I'm noticing a trend of overspending on English talent to keep the league somewhat national, eg Ashley Young, Carrick ect.

I think you, like most of the world are overating Wayne Rooney. Sure he is a very good player, but reports of him being somesort of reincarnation of Pele are greatly exaggerated. He has been dreadfully inconsistant this year, had a terrible world cup and has a very poor temperment. Aside from the occasional wonder goal, he isn't nearly as good as everyone says.
            Rooney is pretty good IMO. Have you already forgotten that chip shot? Ronaldo clearly wants to go to Spain and so do his Portugal coaches. Man U should sell him for a ridiculous amount and use the leftover money to pry Aaron Lennon from Tottenham and sign another available player like Crouch or something. Lennon is younger than Ronaldo and is faster/better at crosses but he can't score like Ronaldo. That's what I would do in FIFA 07

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Why doesn't a rich American buy a club from League Champ for cheap, buy amazing players and move up to the Premiership and eventually become a power. It's a bit of a risk but it could be very profitable, especially if the club plays in a big city.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Atletico Madrid supremo Garcia Pitarch has admitted that Fernando Torres could leave Spain for England in the summer.

Man U could sell Ronaldo and sign Lennon and Torres....BINGO. Or maybe Torres could replace Henry. Or Abrahamovich pulls another stack out of his sleeve and adds another striker.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TH3
                  Originally posted by etk

Article on Cristiano Ronaldo

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...407224&cc=5901

in no way did i claim that he (CR) hampers Rooney at all. I was simply pointing out that if he did leave more of the burden of carrying the team would fall on Rooney's shoulders and we would see if Wayne could truely become the greatest ever.

as for the Owen Hargraves comment... how do good players joining a team not weaken the loss of a star player? So what if he is a defensive mid he still brings skill to the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by etk
                    Why doesn't a rich American buy a club from League Champ for cheap, buy amazing players and move up to the Premiership and eventually become a power. It's a bit of a risk but it could be very profitable, especially if the club plays in a big city.
                    What "amazing player" would want to sign for a club in the League ChamP?

What do you think aboout Zidane possibly signing for Red Bull New York.

Comment

Did anyone else the ESPN ticker a week or so ago?

It said Ronaldinho was transferred to Milan. I know there have a bunch of rumors in the past, but there isn't anything on the website.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy G
                        Did anyone else the ESPN ticker a week or so ago?

It said Ronaldinho was transferred to Milan. I know there have a bunch of rumors in the past, but there isn't anything on the website.
                        Ronaldo was transfered to AC Milan

PM me for sig requests
                        Originally posted by Sean Connery
                        Suck it Trebek!

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
                          Originally posted by etk
                          What "amazing player" would want to sign for a club in the League ChamP?

What do you think aboout Zidane possibly signing for Red Bull New York.
                          I meant solid, not amazing players. A lot of money might sway their mind....
                          Zidane won't join the MLS. How old is he anyway? Older than Beckham?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Zidane is like 34/35ish

Comment

^ He could still play every player in the MLS off the pitch (not to mention La Liga, Serie A, EPL, Bundesliga, etc.)

I think it would be a good, quasi retirement gig for him.

Comment

Originally posted by etk
                                They could, but they would probably want some team with history and potential to grow. So that basically limits Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday. There would be no point taking over someone like Colchester, purely from a business sence. Mind you teams like Wigan, Gretna and Fulham are only where they are because of rich owners. There is also the argument of patiences before they are good, added with the struggle of buying good players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information