Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NickBam View Post
    Football/Championship Manager 07.
    Damn right. I love the football manager series, but my PC is too slow to run it at a sane pace. The computer teams don't make enough transfers either. But I love all the detail.

I personally play Championship Manager 2001-02. There are some forums where people dedicate their time to realise updated squads of players. Its unbelievably fast, a challenge and ultimately more fun than the later versions. Anyway, speaking of cm I must get back to it and win champions league with Southport.

I'm not really a big fan of soccer playing games. The gameplay always seems flawed to me because the passing and first touches are crazy. The manager modes are also quite poor too, especially considering they are basically irrelevant as playihng ability is what it comes down too. I guess thats the case in stuff like Madden too though. Pro Evolution shades Fifa IMO, but I'm not a big fan of either.
    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
    #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• Meet the Spurs left back for the next 15 years, Gareth Bale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbjbpdi4jEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMIkCVBDow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lsDBF8R-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viqvADNV8nE

10 million pounds well spent

COYS!
      myspace.com/infantreemusic

Comment

• Wow, great move by the Spurs. Bale was arguably the best left back in the FLC at 17. Bale & Lennon=Tottenham maybe becoming my favourite team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
          Wow, great move by the Spurs. Bale was arguably the best left back in the FLC at 17. Bale & Lennon=Tottenham maybe becoming my favourite team.
          + one of the best and most enjoyable to watch strikers in the world in Dimitar Berbatov. Spurs are going to challenge hard to break the top 4 this year and are going to be one of the top scoring teams in the premiership, you can be sure of that.
          myspace.com/infantreemusic

Comment

• Pro Evolution Soccer is BY FAR the best soccer game. I don't know if in America it's diffused, but you've got to play that game.
            Fifa 07 is a mediocre game, Pro Evolution Soccer is the best soccer simulation game.
            PES = Espn NFL 2K5
            Fifa = Madden
            One is more of an arcade, the other is a real simulation

You guys haven't really never played PES?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
              Pro Evolution Soccer is BY FAR the best soccer game. I don't know if in America it's diffused, but you've got to play that game.
              Fifa 07 is a mediocre game, Pro Evolution Soccer is the best soccer simulation game.
              PES = Espn NFL 2K5
              Fifa = Madden
              One is more of an arcade, the other is a real simulation

You guys haven't really never played PES?
              over here, Pro Evolution is terrible, they only have a select number of clubs and national teams, where Fifa has them ALL. Also gameplay on our verision of Pro Evolution just sucks.

former #1 in post count on this site
              first to 500 posts

Comment

• Pro Evo >>>>>>>>> FIFA

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• anyone who thinks Bale will stay for 15 years is insane and Dimitar Berbatov might not be with the team past the summer..

Comment

• Originally posted by getwellchad View Post
                    yea, great signing for my Spurs! I was actually doing the manager mode on FIFA 07 with the Spurs a few months ago and bringing in Bale was one of the moves I made. The Spurs are definitely on the verge of taking that next step. I'm very excited for next season!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3 View Post
                      anyone who thinks Bale will stay for 15 years is insane and Dimitar Berbatov might not be with the team past the summer..

yea it looks like you guys have a solid chance at him. i hope a deal gets done for him to stay though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
                        yea it looks like you guys have a solid chance at him. i hope a deal gets done for him to stay though.
                        we are offering WAY WAY to much... Saha and the 39 million would be stupid IMO

the latest is if Michael Owen does well ya'll will make a play for him and with that 39 millions several others moves could be made

OTHER NEWS:
                        Frank Lampard looks to be on the way out at Chelsea..stay tunned there probably going to Juve
                        ETO'O, Dimitar Berbatov are at the top of SAF list for MAN U
                        NANI is also headed to Tottenham unless Man U gets there act together
                        Spurs keeps on moving as they offer 10 million for Bent
                        Tevez will be on the move to either Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool in all likely hood
                        Liverpool is making a bid at Eto'o Xabi is part of the deal
                        Last edited by TH3; 05-27-2007, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCU View Post
                          over here, Pro Evolution is terrible, they only have a select number of clubs and national teams, where Fifa has them ALL. Also gameplay on our verision of Pro Evolution just sucks.
                          Absolutely NO WAY. First, the new versions of PES have almost all the teams (PES 6 has all the Serie A, Premier League, Liga, Bundesliga etc).
                          And Fifa is an arcade, PES is a real simulation. I don't know which version you can find in the USA, but PES we play here in Europe is by far the best soccer game. No one plays FIFA here.

btw, these are some facts&rumors about the summer market

- Deschamps is no more the coach of Juventus
                          - Ancelotti says that these are the players Milan is looking for: Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Mexes, Puyol. He also syas that there's another player Milan wants that no one could suspect, but he didn't says his name.
                          - Suazo is going to Inter or Roma. The president of Cagliari said Roma has the best chance to catch him.
                          - Mancini told the reporters there are some big names Inter is intersted for. Eto'o name comes out. Don't forget this year it will be the centenary of Inter, so Moratti is gonna bring another important player to the team. Voices are about Messi or a guy from the premier league. A few english teams are intersted in Adriano, and Inter is looking for a trade.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• the play no one suspects is Buffon from what i have read.... I know they and either Real of Barca have itnerest.... no idea why real has interest other than keeping him away from Barca

also i think Chelsea will it up Inter in a Sheva for Adriano swap.... terrible idea on both parts and Chelsea claims he isnt leavign but thats just an idea
                            Last edited by TH3; 05-27-2007, 02:40 AM.

Comment

we are offering WAY WAY to much... Saha and the 39 million would be stupid IMO

the latest is if Michael Owen does well ya'll will make a play for him and with that 39 millions several others moves could be made

OTHER NEWS:
                              Frank Lampard looks to be on the way out at Chelsea..stay tunned there probably going to Juve
                              ETO'O, Dimitar Berbatov are at the top of SAF list for MAN U
                              NANI is also headed to Tottenham unless Man U gets there act together
                              Spurs keeps on moving as they offer 10 million for Bent
                              Tevez will be on the move to either Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool in all likely hood
                              Liverpool is making a bid at Eto'o Xabi is part of the deal
                              I'd be amazed if Lampard leaves. At the end of the FA cup final he said he wanted to sign a new contract and stay at Chelsea for the rest of career. It would be a big U turn if it happened.

I've heard Man U want Torres and Hunteleer as much as Berbatov. It is the 1st I've heard of there interest in Eto'o. Whoever they get, I'm sure Saha is on his way out. He's been faking injury apparently. They need a striker who can hold the line, Rooney is better as a 2nd striker and can't play on his own well at all.

I doubt Tottenham need another striker, but if Berbatov moves I guess it could happen. All the same, I bet Charlton are annoyed at not selling Bent in January for 17million to West Ham.

The Eto'o for Xabi Alonso deal doesn't really make sense for Barcelona. They already have Xabi and Iniesta who are similar players. It's good for Liverpool though, as they are stacked in the centre of the park. Liverpool really need to sign a world class player or 2 rather than pay 6 million here and there for the likes of Bellamy and Moreintas.

Originally posted by TH3 View Post
                              anyone who thinks Bale will stay for 15 years is insane and Dimitar Berbatov might not be with the team past the summer..
                              If there is any team in the Premiership capable of breaking into the top 4 its Tottenham. And they are desperate to do so. I really think they are going to put money aside and make a statement by keeping Berbatov, telling fans they aren't a selling club. Whether it is the right decision remains to be seen, as Berbatov could be a 1 year wonder, but I really think he'll stay.

I respect Bales decision to go to Tottenham. It is the right move for a young English player as there is a lot more likelyhood of 1st team football. At Man Utd it is very unlikely he'd beat out Evra. Just look at Wright Phillips at Chelsea, that was clearly a poor decision on his part and he has regressed there.
                              Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                              #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

the play no one suspects is Buffon from what i have read.... I know they and either Real of Barca have itnerest.... no idea why real has interest other than keeping him away from Barca

also i think Chelsea will it up Inter in a Sheva for Adriano swap.... terrible idea on both parts and Chelsea claims he isnt leavign but thats just an idea
                                Schevchenko could dominate in the Inter style of play, Adriano in Italy seems like a done player. But I question the fact that Sheva could play for Inter, he was the face of Milan for a long time, I don't think he'll do something like what Ronaldo did.
                                Probably Inter is losing Crespo, he Mourihno wants back to Chelsea (he was only rented for one year). So Inter is gonna throw a lot of money to bring a big time forward. I'm looking the game Inter vs Torino (last one of the season) and they said that some probable names include Rooney and Henry.
                                Henry seems to be on his way out. Rooney doesn't seem as a realistic option, but so seemed Ronaldo when Inter acquired him from Barca in 1997. They said Inter could throw Adriano and a lot of money for him. That should be a good deal for both parts. Rooney is perfect for italian soccer, and Adriano could have way more success in England...

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information