Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
    Didn't he have a massive falling out with Van Basten in the world cup? Still I guess its good for Holland. Your on good course for qualification for the euros (unlike some other big nations such as Spain, England and Italy). Its about time Holland challenged for a trophy. They tend to play well in Euro's only to unluckily lose against defensive teams eg Italy and Portugal.

I'm not surprised the Toni moved, but a bit by his desination and price. Of the top of my head, he's played for Vicenza, Bresica and Palermo so far, so you could hardly describe him as loyal and stable.
    Ehm.. yeah he and Van Basten didn't really get along after that point and he was essentially replaced by Kuyt (liverpool) and Huntelaar (Ajax) but neither did as well as Van Nistelrooy did. Now I believe Ruud, like Clarence Seedorf, who also returned (thank god), decided that he did want to play, Van Basten gave him a call and they settled their differences.

I remember those two games you mentioned... the portugal game was pretty damn ugly.. that ref (Ivanov I believe) pulled something like 20 yellow cards... awful! The italy one is less fresh in my mind, but anyways, I think we're always contenders but tend to come up short sometimes. The lack of defensive elite players is just killing us and Van Der Sar isn't exactly a spring chicken (he'll retire from the National team after next years' championship).

On the other hand it's pretty cool that people expect so much from a country with only 16 million inhabitants and a national league that won't scare anyone (it's abiyt equal to the french one...), but if you look at the talent we do have, we should be expected to do big things.

I actually think England should be able to compete, strong national league, good balance and some awesome players... for some reason it never seems to work out.

Toni actually said (last year I believe) that he wanted to retire in Fiorentina, hence my surprise, but I could be mistaken of course.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• could Owen Hargreaves be pegged at Right Back to replace Neville??? that would explain why we backed off Bale, why we have Scholes relacement and still have Fletcher and Carrick....

Comment

• Bale's a left back, and in all honesty, I just expect to see Hargreaves replace Carrick, who is great... if all you want to pass the ball sideways.
        I imagine Man U lining up sort of like this sooner rather than later:

LW - Nani
        MC - Hargreaves
        MC - Anderson
        RW - Ronaldo

ST - Rooney
        ST - Saha? Smith?

Anyway that is what I see for next season for Man U

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
          Bale's a left back, and in all honesty, I just expect to see Hargreaves replace Carrick, who is great... if all you want to pass the ball sideways.

LW - Nani
          MC - Hargreaves
          MC - Anderson
          RW - Ronaldo

ST - Rooney
          ST - Saha? Smith?

ST - Rossi?
          RB - Pique?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• kid looks like he would eaten alive out there

Comment

• Why not Neville at right back still, with Wes Brown at cover?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• The only thing Wes Brown should be trusted to cover are the vending machines outside the ground.
                What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• I suck at soccer. :(

Comment

• What have you guys heard about Dong Fangzhuo for Man U? I think this kid's a beast, and could crack the starting lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                      What have you guys heard about Dong Fangzhuo for Man U? I think this kid's a beast, and could crack the starting lineup.
                      the game that i saw of him, i was not impressed. he looked scared to get stuck in and fight for the ball in the box. I part of me thinks he just plays the non important games in order to sell tshirts. but he is young and adapting so there is probably more in him

Hitman D for the sweet sig

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                        Bale's a left back, and in all honesty, I just expect to see Hargreaves replace Carrick, who is great... if all you want to pass the ball sideways.

LW - Nani
                        MC - Hargreaves
                        MC - Anderson
                        RW - Ronaldo

ST - Rooney
                        ST - Saha? Smith?

Carrick has done real well this season. I think Hargreaves was brought in for his versitiliy as has played anywhere in defence and midfield for Bayern and has had success

Hitman D for the sweet sig

Comment

• Anyone who fancies owning a small share of a English football club for £35 should sign up at this website. All decisions, small and big, will be voted on with 50000 co owners.

http://myfootballclub.co.uk/
                          Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                          #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
                            Anyone who fancies owning a small share of a English football club for 35 should sign up at this website. All decisions, small and big, will be voted on with 50000 co owners.

http://myfootballclub.co.uk/
                            thats great, i hope that works out.

former #1 in post count on this site
                            first to 500 posts

Comment

• I am having an argument with some friends of mine. I say Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Ronaldihno. Am I fighting a losing battle?
                              Any help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                                I am having an argument with some friends of mine. I say Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Ronaldihno. Am I fighting a losing battle?
                                Any help?
                                no you are not he is, Cristiano is either the best player or second best with Kaka at #1 Ronaldinho is past him prime, dont worry your right.

former #1 in post count on this site
                                first to 500 posts

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information