Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TCU View Post
    no you are not he is, Cristiano is either the best player or second best with Kaka at #1 Ronaldinho is past him prime, dont worry your right.
    Cool thanks.

Comment

thats great, i hope that works out.
      There is a great theory behind it, and it certainly could be successful. The trouble is if the team doesn't do well people may loose interest. I like the non profit theory behind it, and should it work out it could encorage similar attempts on other clubs. Hopefully they'll take my home town team Northampton.
      Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
      #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
        There is a great theory behind it, and it certainly could be successful. The trouble is if the team doesn't do well people may loose interest. I like the non profit theory behind it, and should it work out it could encorage similar attempts on other clubs. Hopefully they'll take my home town team Northampton.
        what division is Northhampton, (too lazy to look up) and also is their any team in the prem right now that was a below the Championship in this decade?

former #1 in post count on this site
        first to 500 posts

Comment

• Booo Evil Hole In The Wall, Hooray Beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
            Booo Evil Hole In The Wall, Hooray Beer!
            random, but i thought it was funny.

first to 500 posts

Comment

• Carrick isnt going anywhere anytime soon he really progressed in his time and he does all the little things. And in the Roma game he showed that he can create and finish his own shots.

Flectcher's out, Heinze may go even thou I really like him but with Evra playing so well you cant blame him. O'Shea could be a decent RB for Neville. Richardson is done at Man U. Saha may leave as well. Brown may go as well.

Having spent 30 million all ready, Man U has to target a striker. Ive heard David Villa, Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o, and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar being linked to Man U. Huntelaar is the cheapest option and quite the goal scorer, but Rooney needs a fast striker to partner with seeing as he seems to keep sliding deeper and deeper into the mid field. Torres and Eto'o while talented just dont seem like wise moves, Torres misfires as much or more so then hits, and Eto'o has character issues. Villa is so damn expensive that i dont think realistically he can be an option. Maybe Owen or Defoe would be options as well.

Comment

• So, Mike Ashley has almost completed the Newcastle takeover, looks like my toon army should have the cash to compete with the top 4 soon.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

what division is Northhampton, (too lazy to look up) and also is their any team in the prem right now that was a below the Championship in this decade?
                  Northampton are in League 1, so 2 below the premiership. They aren't going to get there in any hurry though. Interesting stat about them: in the 80s they got promoted 3 times in a row to the premiership, then relegated 3 times in a row, back to where they started.

In the premiership both Wigan and Fulham were absolute nobodys 10 years ago. They were both in what is now league 2 then. They both got rich owners, and that is why they are where they are. Prior to their promotion, Reading had also never been a top flight team.
                  Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                  #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• USA plays againn today in the Gold Cup against T&T. Be sure to check it out on Fox Soccer Channel, don't know the time of the game though.

GO YANKS!!!!!!!!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

no you are not he is, Cristiano is either the best player or second best with Kaka at #1 Ronaldinho is past him prime, dont worry your right.
                      Are you kidding me? Cristiano is good, no doubt, but this is like Grant Hill(non-injury), or Michael Jordan. Hill just doesn't make others around him better. Ronaldinho is known for his renowned passing skills, free kicks, long balls, and some fancy tricks, while all Cristiano Ronaldo's known for is his tricks. I'm not a homer either, as Man U is my team. Ronaldinho is just a way more complete player than Ronaldo.

Comment

• is anyone else watching the Barcelona game today?

Messi just scored with his hands, he was going up for a header and his hand was slightly in front of his head and he couldnt head it in but his hand punched it in,

this just happened but look for it because it will be all over youtube in upcoming days.

first to 500 posts

Comment

is anyone else watching the Barcelona game today?

Messi just scored with his hands, he was going up for a header and his hand was slightly in front of his head and he couldnt head it in but his hand punched it in,

this just happened but look for it because it will be all over youtube in upcoming days.
                          We better win... hopefully Madrid loses so that we can go on top..

Comment

• Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                            We better win... hopefully Madrid loses so that we can go on top..
                            this game is ridiculous, Barcelona should not win this game, Messi scored with a blatent hand ball and scored again so Barca took the lead.

first to 500 posts

Comment

• Please tell me some of you are watching the US play on FSC. Especially you Americans who follow soccer.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Please tell me some of you are watching the US play on FSC. Especially you Americans who follow soccer.
                                I'm not, welcome back by the way.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information