Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    I like the lineup but frankly I'd definitely put Bocanegra over DeMerit in there. DeMerit is only a year younger than Bocanegra but Boca has 45+ Caps and his experience/leadership is key in games. Frankly, I think he was the only reason Gooch wasn't ejected in the first half of that game. That ref might as well had let Ruiz run around with a bat, because he wouldn't call him for crap. He knocks Gooch on his ass without even going for the ball and Gooch gets the Yellow card. Ruiz jacks Donovan off the ball, and he doesn't even get a warning. Gooch cuts across the guy (Though deserving a card), and he gets ejected. That ref might have possibly boned us majorly.

However, I wouldn't start Semik over Bornstein either.

Bornstein doesn't have as much as a attacking presence that Semik has, but He hasn't made a mistake yet, add that to the fact that he's locked down a side of the field.

My lineup

GK: Tim Howard

RWB: Frankie Hejduk
    RCB: Oguchi Onyewu (He's gotta watch his temper, though that Guatamala game was bull ****)
    LCB: Carlos Bocanegra
    LWB: Jonathon Bornstein

RWM: Landon Donovan
    RCM/CDM: Michael Bradley ; Pablo Mastoeni
    LCM/CAM: Benny Feilhaber
    LWM: DaMarcus Beasley ; Justin Mapp

LF: Clint Dempsey; Eddie Johnson
    RF: Taylor Twellman

I'm impressed with this team this year, I think we could have a serious chance at the FIFA World Cup. I loved McBride/Reyna and company, but they didn't have the gas in the tank that these young guys do, and the crazy thing, is they're only getting better and better.

I am so glad Arena's is gone. He reminds me of Marty Schottenheimer. He has great talent, but wasted it away... that and he let an old team just wither, instead of getting young guys some serious time to help the future of the team as well.

The sad thing is seeing how well we did in South Korea, only to get Manhandled by a superior physical Germany team. I don't think that German team could push us around as easily anymore.
    Hejduk in the starting 11? Yuck. I think Frankie is past his prime personally and I thought he didn't look good against Guatemala. I love Frankie but I'd prefer Spector.

Demerit was one of the better CB's in the EPL this season, the kid can play. I'd start him over Boca as I thought he looked better.

Simek > Bornstein. Frank has played pretty much spotless so far in this Gold Cup. Bornstein has not looked that good IMO. He loses the ball a lot and his passing out of the back as been suspect. Plus he gets lost.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• We got mandled by Germany in 2002? WHAT????? I think you need to go back and watch that game because we played very, very well. And we got screwed on that hand ball too, should've had a PK.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Which one of you fellow Brits was the Coventry fan? I forget...you might be funding his payments to Palace after Simon Jordan won the legal battle on fraudulent misrepresentation. I doubt he gets much in comp (certainly not £1mill) but as much as I liked him as a manager its good to see the a small win for Jordan and Palace.
        What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
        It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• Not moi, and not adrianwilson as far as I remember. Hmmm, not sure who the Cov fan was...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Yo, UEFA Champions League for Xbox 360 is awesome, I've been playing it nonstop lately...
            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Panama is gonna pwn U.S and A

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                Not moi, and not adrianwilson as far as I remember. Hmmm, not sure who the Cov fan was...
                mmm spooky, maybe i'm just going crazy. ah well...

Comment

• dempseyisagod

Comment

• Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                    Panama is gonna pwn U.S and A
                    Wow, you couldn't have been more wrong...

I'm really excited about this front line we've got, between Donovan, Dempsey, and Twellman, and Johnson off the bench, we're going to have an absolutely nasty attack, we'll be quite the scoring threat. However, with Hejduk STARTING for us, and Onyewu fouling someone every time he's within a 20 foot radius of the ball, the defense REALLY scares me, luckily we have one of the best keepers in the world behind us..

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                      Wow, you couldn't have been more wrong...

I'm really excited about this front line we've got, between Donovan, Dempsey, and Twellman, and Johnson off the bench, we're going to have an absolutely nasty attack, we'll be quite the scoring threat. However, with Hejduk STARTING for us, and Onyewu fouling someone every time he's within a 20 foot radius of the ball, the defense REALLY scares me, luckily we have one of the best keepers in the world behind us..
                      I hate to rain on your parade, but Timmy Tourettes is NOT one of the best keepers in the world...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• I have to strongly disagree with you there. He dominated with Everton and is a top-notch team leader.

Comment

• Donnow if it has been discussed, but it seems Wesley Sneijder is NOT going to Valencia.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                            I hate to rain on your parade, but Timmy Tourettes is NOT one of the best keepers in the world...
                            Agreed in 10 characters or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                              Panama is gonna pwn U.S and A
                              Nice call. Only caught the first half (DVR'ed the 2nd Half) but we dominated Panama and should have been up like 4-0, oh ok 4-1. That Panama striker jagged the break away.

CONCACAF refs are the worst, god they suck. Their captain should've been red carded for that blatant hand ball. Oh well, USA wins 2-0. Next up Canada and they worry me. Btw, Twellman needs finishing lessons, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot. And I hate Hejduk and Bornstein as our fullbacks, I want Spector and Simek. Oh and Feilhaber and Mapp need to be in that starting lineup as well somehow.

Comment

• When Timmy is on his game he is one of the best in the world. Go watch his first season at Manchester United.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information