No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Torres to Liverpool, that's huge, Torres is a top talent, that's gunna really help them out. What does this mean for guys like Dirk Kuyt, Craig Bellamy, and Peter Crouch?
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Bellamy or Crouch will more than likely go I think. Bellamy fell out of favour after the infamous golf club incident last year, and there has been a lot of interest in Crouch, we'll see what happens there.

Liverpool strikers: Andriy Voronin, Fernando Torres, Dirk Kuyt, Peter Crouch, Craig Bellamy.

Clearly someone has to leave.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• There's been some speculation today that Man City are going to target Peter Crouch once Sven takes charge there as he knows Crouch from the England set up. I hope we can retain Peter and get rid of Bellamy.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Dude everytime I come into this thread your sig makes me hungry. It is a sweet sig though.

erm, football.....erm....im hungry...
          What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
          It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• i think liverpool way over payed for torres, 21.5 mil and garcia seems like quite a bit. No, denying his talent, but I would rather take a guy like Oba Martins for 13 mil.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Torre has potential to be one of the best strikers in the world though. Martins is great, no doubt, I'd love to have him on Arsenal, but he's not ever gunna be one of the best in the world. He'll prolly stay where he's at, prolly get anywhere from 10-15 goals with Newcastle the rest of his career (he's got a wicked powerful shot lol) Torres on the other hand, no that he's on a big-time club, is gunna really emerge, he's a top young talent for sure, I can't wait to see him and Kuyt paired up.

Comment

• Eduardo da Silva the replacement for Henry, he rocks on PES but that isnt the best indicator of premiership form. I really hope to see more of van persie next year, I like him a lot.
                What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• Originally posted by rchrd View Post
                  Eduardo da Silva the replacement for Henry, he rocks on PES but that isnt the best indicator of premiership form. I really hope to see more of van persie next year, I like him a lot.
                  Yea, I'm thinking a platoon of Van Persie, Adebayor, and Walcott will rack up a total of 30 goals for us, that would be huge...if we could get that from those three strikers, then it'd be like Henry never left...

I'm really more looking foward to Senderos stepping up this year, he's got SOOO much potential, super fast, I think he's gunna be huge for us..

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                    Bellamy or Crouch will more than likely go I think. Bellamy fell out of favour after the infamous golf club incident last year, and there has been a lot of interest in Crouch, we'll see what happens there.

Liverpool strikers: Andriy Voronin, Fernando Torres, Dirk Kuyt, Peter Crouch, Craig Bellamy.

Clearly someone has to leave.
                    I hope we dont get rid of Crouch, he adds another dimention to the team. The Torres signing is great.

PM me for sig requests
                    Originally posted by Sean Connery
                    Suck it Trebek!

Comment

• Originally posted by rchrd View Post
                      Eduardo da Silva the replacement for Henry, he rocks on PES but that isnt the best indicator of premiership form. I really hope to see more of van persie next year, I like him a lot.
                      arsene knows what to look for in talent so im sure he can be an impact for arsenal. i hope the 'henry replacement' tag doesnt put to much pressure on the lad and he can be his own player. but the english media can be cruel. martins (who someone mentioned earlier) had alot of stick just a few games after he signed but he adapted quite quickly considering.

Hitman D for the sweet sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobzilla View Post
                        I hope we dont get rid of Crouch, he adds another dimention to the team. The Torres signing is great.
                        i can see him going. apparently benitez' valuation of bellamy is too high for clubs to go after him even tho it looks like he is out his plans. bellamy said at the end of the season that benitez never talks to him and that he is expecting to leave but gerrard said in his biography thats how benitez is with all his players. i can see crouch going just because he wants to play and can say he is a proven goal scoerer for them and question why he is on the bench. if benitez put him on the bench in the champions league final, depsite all the goals he has scored then there must still be a lack of trust issue between the two

Comment

• Originally posted by Stufazz View Post
                          arsene knows what to look for in talent so im sure he can be an impact for arsenal. i hope the 'henry replacement' tag doesnt put to much pressure on the lad and he can be his own player. but the english media can be cruel. martins (who someone mentioned earlier) had alot of stick just a few games after he signed but he adapted quite quickly considering.
                          another thing to add is that arsenal need someone to score the simple goals. players like van persie only seem to score the wonder goals and last season arsenal struggled to put the ball in the net despite their quality passing. i believe that is the reason for this signing. from the clips i have seen of him he seems to have good speed and good aerial ability. the goal against england he scored a header out jumping terry and ferdinand which is promising

Comment

• U-20 USA team just smashed Poland in the World Cup yesterday.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              U-20 USA team just smashed Poland in the World Cup yesterday.
                              Svetela outplayed Michael Bradley without breaking a sweat. Adu actually played well for once and shows what he can do with all his skills. His 1st goal was simply amazing.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                                Svetela outplayed Michael Bradley without breaking a sweat. Adu actually played well for once and shows what he can do with all his skills. His 1st goal was simply amazing.
                                No he didn't. Bradley was all over the field. Danny played good but Michael was everywhere. Michael had a very, very good game.

Adu always plays well at things like these, he just kinda underperforms in the MLS.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information