Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
    Yea, that D was HORRENDOUS! I hope that's not what they put out for the world cup, they need to find some new talent there...Bocanegra is not good at all in my opinion. I always liked Chris Albright...guess he never made it. But I'd say D is gunna be our biggest problem, because Tim Howard is an absolute animal...look what he's doing with Everton.

I disagree with your statement about Bradley though....you gotta be kidding me. He's one of our best players, he'd make a terrific stopper, I really love the kid, he's still only 20 I believe, gunna be VERY solid for them...

I too love the Joze/Dempsey combo up top, although I'd rather Dempsey play Attacking Midfield by himself and then have Taylor Twellman and Joze play up front...don't no why Twellman's not on the national team, he's an insane scorer...
    Bocanegra is fine, he is just too aggressive/stupid sometimes...and Howard needs to learn how to control himself, while his emotions are sometimes a good thing, he often becomes to emotional and less of a leader in the back, but you're right, he's an absolute animal...

about Bradley, I was speaking purely in terms of that one game...he has played well some games, and others he looks like he doesn't belong anywhere near a soccer field...he is 20/21 and grew up playing forward, so he may still be adjusting to midfield, but he is a horrible defender, so I don't know where you are coming from saying he would be a good stopper

and I love Twellman, but the U.S. team for some reason refuses to give him a chance...I also like Eddie Johnson, but he seems to disappoint most of the time when called up...I would like Dempsey at either left mid of center with Donovan

Comment

Yea, that D was HORRENDOUS! I hope that's not what they put out for the world cup, they need to find some new talent there...Bocanegra is not good at all in my opinion. I always liked Chris Albright...guess he never made it. But I'd say D is gunna be our biggest problem, because Tim Howard is an absolute animal...look what he's doing with Everton.

I disagree with your statement about Bradley though....you gotta be kidding me. He's one of our best players, he'd make a terrific stopper, I really love the kid, he's still only 20 I believe, gunna be VERY solid for them...

I too love the Joze/Dempsey combo up top, although I'd rather Dempsey play Attacking Midfield by himself and then have Taylor Twellman and Joze play up front...don't no why Twellman's not on the national team, he's an insane scorer...
      I disagree about Bradley, the only time he shows urgency on the defensive end is when he gave up the ball with a horrible pass or decision. I love Feilhaber and think Feilhaber and a defensive minded central mid would be quality. Landon gets lost on the wings sometimes but with him and Dempsey on the wings we would be much scarier.

I like Jozy and Twellman/Johnson up top. The reason Johnson instead of Twellman is because I feel Johnson would bring things to the table Jozy cannot while Twellman brings similar characteristics.

Onyewu is my biggest disappointment in the Defense. He is not a leader and just has not been successful. I think Bocanegra has shown he is much, much better as an outside back and is not made for the center. And Howard is awesome. I feel he can get a little emotional but this time it was evidently because he had to deal with incompetence of Corrales.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Yesterday probably ended Ronaldo's career. I saw his injury live on TV and he was crying like a baby for the pain. I'm so sick... It's hard to see the guy who make me fell in love with Inter finishing his career this way.
        It's amazing how bad-luck can affect a player's career. In his first years with Inter he was amazing, the best player I've never seen, he was unstoppable, dominating from the first minute he stepped on the field. Then, a couple of years later he suffered a bad knee injury and he did everything to come back and help his team but he re-injured his knee. After 20 months of rehabilitation he played in the 2002 World Cup helping Brazil to win the competition.
        He had problems with the coach, Hector Cuper, and he left Italy to join Real Madrid. Even if he wasn't the same player after the injury, he was pretty successful with Real Madrid, winning for the third time the FIFA World Best Player Award and the Champions League. He suffered from depression and almost died during the 2006 World Cup because of epilepsy...
        Last year he came back to Italy showing how good of a player he still was... Everyone expected big things from him this year, but he suffered another injury during the preseason. He came back in November but he re-injured his leg. He did another comeback in December scoring two goals, but then the injury bug bit him again. Yesterday was his final comeback. He stepped on the field during the second half of the game, but after two minutes he fell down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoq4EAWt8cA

Now his career is probably over. What a sad day...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Here's to Ronaldo, one of the greatest pure strikers of all time.

PM me for sig requests
          Originally posted by Sean Connery
          Suck it Trebek!

Comment

• A joy to watch especially on the biggest of stages. In his hay day there was no one better at finding the back of the net and despite all he accomplished he could still be viewed as an underachiever who never really tapped into his full potential. Hate to see a legend go out this way. :(

Comment

• Maybe the best pure finisher to play in a long time....or should atleast be mentioned in that 1st tier.

Tough too see such a bright future slowed and eventually crushed by injuries.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• So how bout them Gunners....
                Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

So how bout them Gunners....
                  I hope they'll kick Milan ass next week :)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                    I hope they'll kick Milan ass next week :)
                    Yea, that'd be so huge you have no idea..

I'll take kicking Man Utd's ass this week as well...

Comment

• Holy ****....BARNSLEY JUST BEAT LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!! What a great game...just further proves why I think Liverpool is the most overrated team in the EPL.

Comment

• Liverpool is the most overratted team in the world. There plan is to only play well in the Champions League which is an overrated tournement, so people think they are good. I watched the game today and it was great, Liverpool had so many chances to win and Barnsley won with a goal with 24 seconds left in the game, it was great because Barnseley should have been awarded a penalty and the player turned away from play to yell at the ref, and 10 seconds later the ball went right to him and he made one move and shot a screamer to the low corner to stun Anfield.

former #1 in post count on this site
                        first to 500 posts

Comment

So how bout them Gunners....
                          tough defeat to United today 4-0 but Arsenal doesnt care about the cup competetions like Chelsea does so most gooners dont care because they are tops at the moment.

former #1 in post count on this site
                          first to 500 posts

Comment

• Originally posted by TCU View Post
                            Liverpool is the most overratted team in the world. There plan is to only play well in the Champions League which is an overrated tournement, so people think they are good. I watched the game today and it was great, Liverpool had so many chances to win and Barnsley won with a goal with 24 seconds left in the game, it was great because Barnseley should have been awarded a penalty and the player turned away from play to yell at the ref, and 10 seconds later the ball went right to him and he made one move and shot a screamer to the low corner to stun Anfield.
                            Yea haha I was yelling at the TV when that happened and my dad was like..Barnsley's still gunna score..watch....and they did.

I shouldn't talk though, Arsenal got blown out by Man Utd today. Still, Man Utd's one of the best in the world...Barnsely..not so much.

Comment

• Barnsley ruined my day god damn it. Well it's Champions League or bust again this season, *sigh*

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by TCU View Post
                                tough defeat to United today 4-0 but Arsenal doesnt care about the cup competetions like Chelsea does so most gooners dont care because they are tops at the moment.
                                Eh..I was upset...I think, as Diaby said, a victory over Man Utd would have been a big mental blow to them and would have asserted our positioning atop the EPL more so than already. I think a victory would have been huge, simply because they're both top teams and both huge competitors in the EPL, main rivals this year I'd say and you never, ever want to lose to your rival, let alone get blown out by them...I will say though, to Arsenal's defense, they've been plagued by injuries and have been so overworked with the Africans Cup and all, I think it just finally got to them.

Can only hope they make up for it in the CL final 16...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information