• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHAMPIONS!

And City lost 8-1!

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Apologies I haven't been able to indulge int he banter, I moved house last Friday and just got the internet (shouldn't have had it til next friday, but I got skillz!). Anyway I would like to address a few things

a) Skins, it sounds daft with the money we have spent but we need to spend more money this summer to buildup the overall squad, I feel out first team can compete with anyones, but the depth behind them, especially having to play people such as Riise and Hyypia is not good enough for us. IMO I would like to see Riise, Pennant, Kewell and Voronin shipped out, and see us sign another LB, Striker and RW ideally. CM is a bit of a worry in the sense that Xabi could leave and Mascherano and Lucas are going to play in the Olympics, but it seems we have Barry coming in, and I think Stevie G will move back to CM next year if a striker comes in.

b) Renji... you suck! :(

c) Nope Caddy, LFC for the win, and Voronin scored, owch that has got to hurt. But in all fairness, Spurs have a bright future IMO.

d) Congrats to Man U, now go and win the CL, I hate the Mancs, but I can't stomach Chelski!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Quick question UK, whenever I watch Liverpool I get the impression that they lack width. I know sometimes its a question of getting your best players on the field and therefore Gerrard is out there but recently you always seem to sign average wide players (Pennant, Benayoun and guys that didn't pan out like Gonzalez etc). I really think that width is United's greatest strength and creates most of our goals and of course quick wingers help with counter attacking.

Now you guys have Torres who'll score 25ish goals per season, I really think that you need to be signing top class wingers (Babel is a good start imo). A target man like Crouch or even Kuyt would work well with Torres if you had wide men add in Stevie G et voila! Wow rant over........

&on a side note just been at work (in a bar) and serving loads of drunken Glaswegians who are in town for the UEFA Cup final.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Babel is a decent LW I agree, and above I did actually note we need a RW, Kuyt was serviceable last year but he's not the long term answer. I'd have liked to have seen the Bentley deal happen, but that seems to have gone down the pan, and Quaresma isnn't on our radar, so unless Rafa goes back to Valencia for Joaquin, or we manage to snare Maxi Rodriguez which was rumoured a while back I'm not sure where we go for a RW. Maybe Paul Anderson who was on loan at Cardiff, I like him.

Also another quick note, look out for Kristzian Nemeth at Liverpool, he might start next year, very good youth / ressie lad.

Ideally I'd like to see a starting team next season looking like this:

4-4-2

Reina
          ? - Skrtel / Agger - Carragher - Finnan
          Babel - Mascherano - Gerrard - ?
          Torres - ?

If we can get some real quality in the question marked areas we'll be tough to beat. We are supposed to be signing Phillip Degen at LB, but I'm not too sure about him, RW is a mystery as is Striker.

Problem is the Barry signing makes me think we may stick with the 4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1, in which case we have

Reina
          ? - Skrtel / Agger - Carragher - Finnan
          Mascherano - Barry
          Babel - Gerrard - ?
          Torres

Hope that kind of made sense

Comment

• What's this my buddy tells me about the germans getting extra european spot. What have they done recently?

Comment

• Are you talking about entry to the Champions League? If so, no next year they're getting 3 teams in as usual.

If not, I've no idea what your on about.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Go Devils! So excited for the game against Chelsea.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post

c) Nope Caddy, LFC for the win, and Voronin scored, owch that has got to hurt. But in all fairness, Spurs have a bright future IMO.
                  I think Spurs should definitely improve next season, and to be honest I didn't expect us to beat Liverpool. Ramos will clean house but will keep a solid corp together. Unfortunately Berbatov looks like he is on the way out, but if he doesn't want to play for Spurs, might as well cash in. Plus we've been linked to everyone from Eto to Robinho to Villa so I'm sure they'll find a solid replacement.

Oh, and Gareth Bale FTW!

Comment

• Manchester is rammed full of 'Gers fans. Walked into Sainsbury's (a supermarket) and was swamped. Rumour has it the motorway is backed up 4hours too. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                      What's this my buddy tells me about the germans getting extra european spot. What have they done recently?
                      The only things I can think of is that he's referring to the Intertoto Cup (3 teams from that go into the UEFA Cup, not sure if Germany has entered any teams), or it could be they have a team in through the fairplay thing, I believe a couple of teams are entered into Europe on the basis of fairplay, I think Man City won the fairplay league here (lowest combination of fouls, bookings and dismissals), and some of those go into the UEFA Cup. The whole thing is messy.

Comment

The only things I can think of is that he's referring to the Intertoto Cup (3 teams from that go into the UEFA Cup, not sure if Germany has entered any teams), or it could be they have a team in through the fairplay thing, I believe a couple of teams are entered into Europe on the basis of fairplay, I think Man City won the fairplay league here (lowest combination of fouls, bookings and dismissals), and some of those go into the UEFA Cup. The whole thing is messy.
                        It could be UEFA cup spots I suppose, the fair play thingy is a joke. I thought everyone was making a big deal of it over here because England had already got the place and therefore City would probably be in Europe. Oh well, I've no idea really.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• I actually quite liked Spurs till this week.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...566725,00.html
                          http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle..._3567105&id=29

If the rumoured 5mill plus clauses for a 16 year old is true i'll take it, he'll be sitting in their reserves for the next two years instead of chasing promotion and possibly playing in the Premiership when he could've moved then. Greedy git, Moses is much better anyway...
                          What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                          It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• Yes!!!! Zenit!!!!

Comment

• Zenit fully deserved to win the competition, so congrats to them. Also, Zenit sold us Martin Skrtel, so yay!

Comment

Zenit fully deserved to win the competition, so congrats to them. Also, Zenit sold us Martin Skrtel, so yay!
                                Dude, I want to apologize in advance for all the actions the Russian fans are about to unleash on Manchester.

I'm sure the Brits will return the favor in Moscow.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information