No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no, there were many calls where joe cole didnt touch the ball out but was ruled in favor of manchester. nothing major but still. he was getting pretty pissed on the pitch.

Comment

• Champions league over, congratulations to the Red Devils and to Ronaldo, who's gonna win the FWP.
      Now let's focus on the European Championship.
      Imo the favorites are: France, Spain, Italy in that order, while the surprise team will be Switzerland...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• i think portugal's gotta be one of the favorites too. and i think russia will surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
          no, there were many calls where joe cole didnt touch the ball out but was ruled in favor of manchester. nothing major but still. he was getting pretty pissed on the pitch.
          Yeah I've got to admit there were a lot of small calls that went our way but still he got all the main decisions correct.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Metsox made a threat about but it got locked. Still a relevant article for the soccer thread :D

Default Sexiest WAG's of World Soccer
            Oh god how this link makes me wanna be a soccer player.

My Favs, Rooney and Kaka's girls. #40 and #39.

http://www.coedmagazine.com/sports/8471

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Since when has Gemma Atkinson been dating Marcus Bent? And seriously, Marcus Bent?! He looks like he's been hit with a spade.

Comment

• Joe Cole really hates bees.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                  i think portugal's gotta be one of the favorites too. and i think russia will surprise.
                  i donīt know where you have russia on the paper ( i like them , too . more the people , than the soccer :) ) but to apply the success of Zenit to the russian national team , is a bit of a stretch , i guess. they seem to be pretty young , they are more on my World cup paper in 2010.

portugal is getting older and older , i think their window is closing very fast , same goes for france. the only veteran team i count on are the italians , because they always seems to manage bringing in the best defense.

@the great escape. iam glad that you root for us , but i doubt we are winning this. EC is always a tough time for germany. our last win was the final against czech republik 12 years ago . we have two big "ifs" on both outside midfield positions and our strikers comming from not so efficient years.
                  AND we have the top sleeper in our group. watch out for croatia !

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                  Champions league over, congratulations to the Red Devils and to Ronaldo, who's gonna win the FWP.
                  Now let's focus on the European Championship.
                  Imo the favorites are: France, Spain, Italy in that order, while the surprise team will be Switzerland...
                  before spain wins any significant , the desert will freeze. every cup they are the sleepers , just to fall on their faces everytime. for my liking , the french are too old , i agree with italy and i doubt that switzerland reach the playoffs.

Comment

• ok maybe russia wont go far but ill be quietly rooting for them. i think the clear cut favorites are italy. i like germany too. i love the eurocup. cannot wait for it to start.

Comment

• Yea Portugal has to be a favorite right now. When you have the best player in the world on your squad, you are dangerous.

Greece won it 4 years ago, so I'm thinking about taking a sleeper team. But since I'm 50% Italian, I'll go with the Azurri.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• This is the most open competition in a while IMO, with no real standout favourites. In terms of talent I'd be tempted to say Spain, but their temperament, and ability to bottle winnable games finally means I might not back them. I'll go with Italy I think. My sleeper might be the Dutch.

Also, sorry to hijack the thread a little, but I've been asked to advertise the new fantasy football thing, so...
                        NAFFL is now open. Signup now.
                        http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...play.php?f=101

and if you signup, say I invited you lol.

Right, also I think the Croats have a decent shout as well, they play very good football, and utilise the players well within the system. A team with Corluka, Kranjcar and Modric is going to be tough regardless.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• I still think France will win the Euros but I'm gonna be supporting Portugal. I think we should try and get some sort of fantasy draft or pickem going to do with the Euros.

And Chelsea sacked Avram Grant, who didn't see that coming?

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• i was the biggest ronaldo hater after the world cup incident but the crybaby is a baller. and him playing for manchester united helped. the few times i've watched portugal play, it seems quite 'dirty'. im gonna be pulling for germany and the netherlands and i think croatia is greatly underrated.

Comment

• Anyone else watching England v USA?

God it would be an absolute embaressment if we lost.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• I didn't even know we were playing tonight until about 2 hours ago. It's on though.
                                What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                                It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information