X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday or Thursday.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• I never thought I'd post in this thread, but these guys just made it on to my "COOL" list.

FBI: Soccer team members help subdue man on flight

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
        Wednesday or Thursday.
        why wasnt it big news?

Comment

• It was, well, at least here it was because Man City tried to buy him, but Ronaldinho is fat and lazy nowadays, he won't be that big of a success, transfer fee was about 14.5 mil, which is not massive these days at all, heck Liverpool have offered more for Gareth Barry and Robbie Keane.

Comment

• Liverpool has signed Robbie Keane to a 4 year deal for 18mil pounds. Love this deal and is definitely a better spending than Barry at 18mil. Now all we need to do is add a quality winger.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• We got ripped off, I am not pleased with the deal at all, also... it's more than 18m.

Spurs said they agreed an initial fee of 19m plus a potential further 1.3m.
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/7528735.stm

The guy is 28 years old, plays similar to Torres but doesn't do anything as well as him, and I don't really see how he is going to fit into the team.

There were better options out there, and I for one am disappointed at paying so much for a slightly better than average player.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                We got ripped off, I am not pleased with the deal at all, also... it's more than 18m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/7528735.stm

The guy is 28 years old, plays similar to Torres but doesn't do anything as well as him, and I don't really see how he is going to fit into the team.

There were better options out there, and I for one am disappointed at paying so much for a slightly better than average player.
                Would you rather have Barry or Keane though at this price? I feel like Keane gives us more attacking options and we needed another striker after Crouch left. Vorinin is trash.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
                  when did ronaldino (sp?) sign with AC Milan. i saw this video on youtube showing him in an AC Milan jersey. when the hell did it happen
                  Ronaldinho. Since he's been the best soccer player in the world, his name is basic stuff.

What the hell is wrong with spelling on the boards anyhow? Same thing with Merriman. The amount of times I've seen his name spelled Merrimen is amazing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                    Would you rather have Barry or Keane though at this price? I feel like Keane gives us more attacking options and we needed another striker after Crouch left. Vorinin is trash.
                    I'd rather have neither tbh.

I'd have bought Arshavin or Villa for a similar price. Barry I would have disliked even more, he is older and offers the same as Alonso.

For me Rafa has had a very poor offseason. The two new fullbacks, Dossena and Degen, look trash. Crouch leaving will haunt us, he offers so much versatility up front, we bought a number 2 GK who looks poor IMO in Cavalieri, and we STILL have not bought a top class RW. I've made my feelings clear about the Keane signing above.

Quite frankly, I'd have LOVED for Rafa to play Pacheco or Nemeth more in the first team this season, but he never bloods the youngsters.

I'm losing faith in Rafa...

Comment

• Arshavin > everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Renji View Post
                        Arshavin > everyone
                        the thing with the Russian players is they don't leave Russia. It's what bothered me about Hiddink's logic ever since the EC.

In essence, what he said was that the Russians were underdogs against just about any team. Now this may be true, but the reasoning he used was the teams they played for. He'd say things like "that guy plays for AC Milan, my guy plays for <insert random russian team>, so there's a huge difference right there.

What Hiddink always failed to mention (I think on purpose, because it would pretty much make his logic faulty) is that the guys on his team are probably earning more money than most of the players on the 'big' European clubs. Russians are notorious for pouring enormous amounts of money into their teams, and all teams out there are privately owned.

Those Russian players earn more money than we realise. Not to mention the bonusses that they get if they win a game or score a goal. The numbers are probably astronomical. If Arshavin or anyone from that fun to watch Russian team transfer to a bigger club, like Real or AC Milan or whatever, they won't do it for the money, most likely they'll have to take a pay cut.

Of course, this is just my two cents.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Arshavin has already expressed interest in leaving Zenit for elite team.

So far, the problem has been Zenit refusing to let him go.

They've already blocked his move to Barcelona.
                          Last edited by MaxV; 07-28-2008, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• I think Zenit said that their price tag is 25 million pounds and they seem to be holding firm. That is absolutely insane. I love Arshavin, but at anything over 12, maybe 15 million pounds I think it is an awful deal. Especially if he goes to England where nobody knows if he can deal with the grind of a full EPL season.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• ZENIT!!!!!!

Great momentum builder for the CL play. Unfortunately, they'll probably play without Arshavin.

Comment

• Zenit is going to get absolutely owned in group stages

former #1 in post count on this site
                                first to 500 posts

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information