Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is surprising.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...p2010&&cc=5901

Biggest names don't always make the best coaches.

Comment

• Is it a blow competition?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
        This is surprising.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...p2010&&cc=5901

Biggest names don't always make the best coaches.
        That's not going to turn out well at all.

Comment

• It seems like a very risky move for a team that has a realistic shot at taking a WC.

Comment

• I'm stunned. However this may be the spark this team needs to wake up from their poor performance thus far in '10 WC qualifying. Bianchi would have been the much safer choice.

Comment

• At least it'll be entertaining...

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• I think that Maradona will do OK, he's probably better suited at managing internationally as strange as that sounds. He has passion for his country, as long as he has someone to help him organise the training etc he will be ok. He doesn't need to immerse himself as fully as he would at club management, just be a motivator. In a strange way I kinda see it like Singletary at the 9ers.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• USA - Guatemala right now. I haven't been following the national team for a while but I would expect the U.S. to win or at the very least tie. Anyone else watching?

Comment

• Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                    USA - Guatemala right now. I haven't been following the national team for a while but I would expect the U.S. to win or at the very least tie. Anyone else watching?
                    I havent followed much recently either but i am excited to see Altidore starting at forward and hopefully show off his ability

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

• Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                      I havent followed much recently either but i am excited to see Altidore starting at forward and hopefully show off his ability
                      Yeah, I just read he hasn't gotten **** for time in Spain. I always thought it wasn't the greatest idea unless he got that loan to Recreativo. Anyway, nice run by Adu just now. He needs to do something about his situation because bouncing around from mid-major league to mid-major league with semi-continentally relevant teams and limited playing time just isn't cutting it. He needs to play.

Comment

• In other news our B-team beat Germany. Yeah that's right Renji.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• USA's B team beat Guatemala playing to stay alive in qualification 2-0. Ricardo Clark looked really good.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Portugal got a beat down yesterday in a friendly match versus Brazil, 6-2. Pathetic overall defensive effort although we were the visitors playing in such a hostile environment.

Comment

• Great match from Spain! Great to see Fernando Torres and David Villa back together :)

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Time for a soccer thread revival. Just about half way through the most exciting Premierships in years.

If Man United win their two games in hand then the top 3 will be separated by just one point, whilst elsewhere there seems to be a group of about ten or so teams with little between them. Overall, the EPL is nicely poised for a dramatic second half of the campaign.

I thought I do a some mid-season awards to spark some discussion.

Best Team
                                Liverpool have shown they have the steel to finally mount a serious title challenge and are currently sitting proudly atop the table. Chelsea and United are lurking but the table doesn't lie so Liverpool take it.

Biggest Surprise
                                Hull have surprised just about everyone and are still flying high in 7th despite some recent defeats but Aston Villa have also been extremely impressive. Currently in 4th they look as if they can beat anyone and could easily be in the Champions League next year.

Biggest Disapointment
                                West Brom and Blackburn have both been poor, but some of the so called 'big clubs' like Tottenham and Newcastle performed way beneath expectations. Still, Manchester City are lying one point above the relegation zone despite having the biggest budget in the Premiership.

Best Signing
                                Robinho has been one of the few bright sparks for City while Geovanni has been key to Hull's unlikely start to the season but Amr Zaki has been sensational for Wigan, scoring 9 goals.

Best Game
                                United v Arsenal was full of wonderful attacking football but Arsenal v Tottenham was a fantastic match. The game had just about everything ending as a 4-4 draw after two late goals from Spurs, which started their mini-revival.

Team of the Season
                                GK: Petr Cech
                                RB: Jose Bosingwa
                                CB: Jamie Carragher
                                CB: Michael Turner
                                LB: Ashley Cole
                                RM: Cristiano Ronaldo
                                CM: Steven Gerrard
                                LM: Robinho
                                ST: Gabriel Agbonlahor
                                ST: Amr Zaki
                                ST: Nicholas Anelka