X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH3
    started a topic Soccer Thread

Soccer Thread

Liverpool has been bought by Tom Hicks(owner of the Texas Rangers) and George Gillett

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...407155&cc=5901

• JRTPlaya21
    replied
    Sepp is stepping down!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• pierce2walker
    replied
    FIFA has been pretty obviously corrupt for quite some time, but they pushed the limit too far with Qatar. I think literally everyone is happy to seem them get what's been coming and hopes they eat **** hard.

Leave a comment:

• Cigaro
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    It being in the winter will make it relatively easy to not watch.

Leave a comment:

• jrdrylie
    replied
    Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
    This post confuses me.
    Australia is Asia for FIFA purposes.

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    Deadspin has been reporting it for the past year, pretty consistently. They're literally holding these people hostage and not allowing them to leave the country while forcing them to live in deplorable conditions and work an inhuman amount of hours of physical labor. It's straight up slavery, same thing countries go to war over, and it happened right underneath everyone's noses while the guys at the top got filthy rich from it.

Leave a comment:

• badgerbacker
    replied
    Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
    If they want to keep it in Asia, having Australia host it would be cool.
    This post confuses me.

Leave a comment:

• SuperMcGee
    replied
    It's disgusting. It's a bit refreshing to see the bump in outrage over the past ~20 hours, but it's all just so upsetting.

I didn't bother going up to Toronto, looks like City has been playing much of the first team but still in need of a trip to the hardware store. Yaya/Fofana was fun in theory, cool to see a glimpse of it.

Leave a comment:

• jrdrylie
    replied
    Deplorable working conditions, thousands of deaths, slave labor, undeliverable promises, and weather so horrible they have to move the date of the Cup. Just one of those things is should have been enough to disqualify them. Simply inexcusable if they keep it there.

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    The slavery is well documented and reported. The fact that the entire Qatar World Cup situation went through and survived an investigation is absolutely comical. Everyone that's been a part of the ruse should rot in a cell for the rest of their lives.

Leave a comment:

• Rob S
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperPacker
    replied
    Incredible first half.

Leave a comment:

• SuperMcGee
    replied
    Morris did some pretty nice things when he actually got the ball in the second half. Kid's been looking good.

Krychowiak <3

Leave a comment:

• SuperPacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    Think about it.....
    That took me a good 5 minutes of hard thinking.

Originally posted by SuperMcGee View Post
    Sevilla's to lose in a number of ways, but Dnipro keeps playing tough and I wouldn't mind a non traditional upset. A Sevilla win could put five Spanish teams in UCL, yeah?
    Yep, but I'm not sure if it's automatic or if the EL winners only get it if the winner of the CL final has already qualified through the league.

Leave a comment:

• comahan
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperMcGee View Post
    A Sevilla win could put five Spanish teams in UCL, yeah?
    It would indeed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information