Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    why are people making jokes about this?
    Because bringing levity to a situation of tragic circumstances is a vital element of the human condition.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Because bringing levity to a situation of tragic circumstances is a vital element of the human condition.

yeah.... or we can show some remorse and show some respect to the people that died/were hurt.

Comment

yeah.... or we can show some remorse and show some respect to the people that died/were hurt.
        As sad as it is, people die. If you spent your whole life acknowledging this, you wouldn't have a life.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

wow, i can see this forum doesnt have a lot of empathy... at all. kinda sad.

Comment

wow, i can see this forum doesnt have a lot of empathy... at all. kinda sad.
            Its not so much a lack of empathy as it is a sense of detachment. Yes this incident is tragic and yes its a shame that people died, but as stated before death is a mere fact of life. I mean you're up in arms about this incident with so far only 7 people have died, but where is call for compassion or outrage over the lack of empathy on the number of soldiers that die in Iraq on a daily basis? The point is that when tragic things like this happen, most see it and are saddened for a moment but in the grand scheme of things this incident doesn't really hit home because its not effecting most on an individual basis.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Man, real sad situation. Last count has it at 9 dead, 60 injured and 20 still missing...

As you may or may not know I am based out of Minnesota and while I don't live in Minneapolis (far from it actually) I drive right over that bridge every time I go to the Dome to see the Twins or Vikings.
              Scott Wright, President
              Draft Countdown.com
              www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                Near me there is a bridge you might be familiar with. The London Bridge. Though falling down has never been a problem.
                you live in AZ?(yes the original london bridge is actually in arizona)

but i hope the best for all the family's who have lost loved ones in this

Comment

walla walla.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I gotta drive over one of the bridges in Jacksonville for the next two days as I will be going to training camp, so that'll make me a bit leery.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Thats terrible. I've never felt safe crossing bridges. (Like the peace bridge and Grand Island Bridge). I hate being over water like that.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

terrible tragedy, but this coulda been a lot worse. a school bus full of children just barely made it across.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          Are you kidding me? Do you realize how stupid most people are when it comes to Geography? I met a girl last weekend that thought there was 55 states, and this was a girl who was in college. I know another who I was able to convince that Delaware was a European country. Not to mention that something close to 50&#37; of Americans cannot find Iraq on a map.
                          I'd be willing to bet that more people believe the Mississippi river starts in Mississippi than those who know it starts in Minnesnowta.

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=11608

here.. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63024581994906
                          yea well i refuse to believe that really stupid people are human... i choose to think of them as a less evolved species.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Terrible situation. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims' families.

I hope all of the missing people will be safe.

Comment

anyone kno the death total yet

rest in peace to all
                              Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
                              I smoke ten blunts before lunch
                              Gucci Mane

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                                yea well i refuse to believe that really stupid people are human... i choose to think of them as a less evolved species.
                                Yeah, I know what you mean. I do the same thing with Bear Fans.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information