No announcement yet.

Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. The Cowboys fan previews a tainted Giants record. Classy.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
      i dont get it....

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
        I try.

It is a NFL forum, so I previewed one that had to do with the...*shock* NFL. It had little to do with the story being about a player on a rival team, as much as you want it to be. Should I have instead previewed the Marion Jones track story or the Richard Petty thing? I would of quoted the whole article, but that is against the rules here, so tough cookies. But nice try on attempting to make me come off as bias. Classy.
        Last edited by Paul; 08-05-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Illinois losing to UNC in the National Championship, not really a record persay but it's tainted. ;)

I think May got away with legalized assault on Augustine in that game....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Anyone who says Favre didn't give Strahan the sack is either blind or dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Illinois losing to UNC in the National Championship, not really a record persay but it's tainted. ;)

I think May got away with legalized assault on Augustine in that game....
              Amen to that. That was one of the very few occasions that I've cheered for Illinois in a game.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

I think all of Roger Clemens accomplishments should have the suspicion Bonds' accomplishments have gone under. Like Bonds, he grew to bigger proportions late in his career, saw a late career power surge and had career seasons at the age of 42-44.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                  I am here to help out.

I dont hold anything against Barry Bonds. What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it. He has never tested positive under the new drug testing system that has been brought out. Sure maybe taking steriods was not morally correct but it wasnt AGAINST THE RULES FOR MLB. I personally think that the HR he hit were PERFECTLY FINE. His records should stand. That is the point that no one is getting. It wasnt illegal at the time he took it. Hes on his way to be the HR King in my books.

yes, it was illegal at the time he took it. It was illegal in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT WAS A LAW. So give me a break with that crap. Im sick of that argument.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    yes, it was illegal at the time he took it. It was illegal in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT WAS A LAW. So give me a break with that crap. Im sick of that argument.

Well then they should cut out the entire steroid era in baseball and nullify everything if they do it to Bonds. I can guarantee you, without a testing program, there had to be an extremely large amount of dopers. It's like when you're writing a test, you are stuck on an answer, and the teacher leaves the room to get coffee. You're going to find out that answer. What he did was wrong, but there's no reason to condemn him without condemning practically everyone from the '90s.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I never said it was only him, and I am not accusing him. Im saying if he or anyone else used steroids, the records should be taken away because it was against the law to use steroids, and it doesnt make a difference whether it was in the MLB rule book or not.

edit i can see where it looked like im accusing him. Bad choice of words.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                        I am here to help out.

I dont hold anything against Barry Bonds. What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it. He has never tested positive under the new drug testing system that has been brought out. Sure maybe taking steriods was not morally correct but it wasnt AGAINST THE RULES FOR MLB. I personally think that the HR he hit were PERFECTLY FINE. His records should stand. That is the point that no one is getting. It wasnt illegal at the time he took it. Hes on his way to be the HR King in my books.
                        Steroids have been illegal in baseball since 1991...

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          I never said it was only him, and I am not accusing him. Im saying if he or anyone else used steroids, the records should be taken away because it was against the law to use steroids, and it doesnt make a difference whether it was in the MLB rule book or not.

edit i can see where it looked like im accusing him. Bad choice of words.
                          No, I'm sorry. My statement was more directed at the entire "burn Barry" movement, not you. I just quoted your's since it was the last steroid post I saw.

Comment

what would you guys do if you caught the record breaking ball? i saw one guy say that he would put a big asterisk on the ball with a sharpie and then give the ball to barry bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                              what would you guys do if you caught the record breaking ball? i saw one guy say that he would put a big asterisk on the ball with a sharpie and then give the ball to barry bonds.

I would do what everyone else in their right mind would do. Sell it.

Comment

I'd keep it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information