Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External HD w / Software?

Hey,

I am in the market for an external hard drive or flash drive but I want one with software that I can use to back up my files automatically. Either that or one I can do with the touch of a button.

Anyone have any recomondations?
    Last edited by Scott Wright; 08-07-2007, 04:55 AM.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

He's a recommendation......

Western Digital My Book Pro 500 GB 3.5" External Hard Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136047

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I highly recommend and external hdd from Seagate, I've had many years of experience with Seagate and love them. They also come with one touch backup ability.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/pro...button_backup/

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        I highly recommend and external hdd from Seagate, I've had many years of experience with Seagate and love them. They also come with one touch backup ability.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/pro...button_backup/
        So how does it work, do you just pick the files you want and then every time you hit the button it backs those up?
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Totally unrelated topic, every time I see that commercial with Steve Spurrier I think of the time I first saw that commercial and remember me thinking

Did he just say click clack to end his phone conversation? Really? Reallllllllllllly???????

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
            So how does it work, do you just pick the files you want and then every time you hit the button it backs those up?
            The software it comes with gives you a variety of options on what to back up, so you just set up the parameters of what you want to backup when you push the button. Seagate makes and excellent product and are very reliable.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Scott,

Are you looking to backup only certain files or your entire hard drive? How much space do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                Scott,

Are you looking to backup only certain files or your entire hard drive? How much space do you need?
                I basically want to backup my music, photos and the site files. My entire hard drive is only at about 100 gigs right now and I think the vast majority of that is the operating system and stuff.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                  I basically want to backup my music, photos and the site files. My entire hard drive is only at about 100 gigs right now and I think the vast majority of that is the operating system and stuff.
                  Probably best to grab a nice external hard drive then. That way you can back up everything (even in the future) and a hard drive crash would barely inconvience you.

Look through some of these: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...al-Hard-Drives

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information