X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• princefielder28
    started a topic Creating a website

Creating a website

Does anyone know the easiest and cheapest way to put up a website? Links or any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• DChess
    replied
    Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    thank god for CSS
    n00b .

give me your 360

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    thank god for CSS

Leave a comment:

• Xiomera
    replied
    Some universities pay for web hosting for their students . . . or at least I know my school does . . .

Leave a comment:

• princefielder28
    replied
    alright I figured it out.....thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Philliez01
    replied
    For free?

Geocities is the easiest to use but the forum skins is crap. Everything you make looks like a 4th-grader did it.

Bravehost is a bit easier on the eyes but you get spam from other companies. Add in the fact that it's still relatively hard to make if your new.

Tripod is what I use for my Sports site but I've heard complaints about Tripod as well. Something about cookies, just can't remember what it was.

FreeWebs is probably the one to pick.

Leave a comment:

• wiscbadgerfootball
    replied
    yeah a forum might be nice.. don't know what kinda site we're talking about you can use invisionfree.. as for a domain I think .us and co.nr are free. and yeah freewebs would work for a front page

Leave a comment:

• jballa838
    replied
    Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
    I want a front page with the ability to have links to different topics and a forum
    i think you'll either need a domain name, or maybe a freewebs with an invisionfree forum link on the top

Leave a comment:

• princefielder28
    replied
    Originally posted by umphrey View Post
    Do you need someone to make it for you or just a domain name? What's its general function (do you need forums, a selling system, anything specific like these)? Does it need to be visually pleasing or just serve a function?
    I want a front page with the ability to have links to different topics and a forum

Leave a comment:

• gbpackers0065
    replied
    www.freewebs.com
    you can get a free co.nr domain name as well at
    www.freedomain.co.nr/

Leave a comment:

• DHVF
    replied
    Yeah, it really depends on what you're using it for. One easy way, would be to create your page using freewebs.com and then just go out and buy a domain name, then you could just go on from there.

Leave a comment:

• BuckNaked
    replied
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    invisionfree.com
    That's just if you're making a forum.

Leave a comment:

• ATLDirtyBirds
    replied
    invisionfree.com

Leave a comment:

• umphrey
    replied
    Do you need someone to make it for you or just a domain name? What's its general function (do you need forums, a selling system, anything specific like these)? Does it need to be visually pleasing or just serve a function?

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    If you need a domain registrar, I've heard alot of great things about GoDaddy. And price isn't that bad either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information