Sports Gambling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Gambling

I just placed on a $50 money line bet yesterday and won $120 (plus my original wager of $50). I've been thinking about getting into sports betting semi-seriously for awhile now. I follow football well enough that I pick at a pretty good percentage and know a good line when I see one.

Anybody bet on sports? What type of experiences have you had? Just want to get a discussion going on this.

i lost $150 (when i was in 7th grade)---(no job)
    b/c i bet on alot of Buffalo Bills games

Comment

How were you betting in 7th grade?

Comment

i was betting with my friends....who all give me crap b/c im a billsfan...so i thought it was buffaloes year..so i wasnt hesistant to bet with them....

i am no longer friends with any of them lol

Comment

ive got an online account with sportstab (australian betting agent) and probably put down $20 (on average, if i see something i like i bet more) on rugby, soccer, rugby league, cricket, whatever takes my fancy really. really do enjoy it and have been winning a bit lately. won $170 on a $10 outlay on a multiplier of sunderland over tottenham and a few local rugby league games on the weekend, real nice feeling
          Last edited by 7-11; 08-12-2007, 11:36 PM.

Comment

i put down 25 in a 2:1 payout for me that denver would beat the pats in the playoffs in what like 05 so he payed me 50.. plus my 25 bet i walked out with 75$, came in with 25 lol pretty good

yeah im not like addicted but i do gamble a lot. do a lot in school lol cuz i never have enought lunch money for the week
            Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
            I smoke ten blunts before lunch
            Gucci Mane

Comment

The reality is you lose more times than you win (but of course everyone brags that they win all the time). Hopefully you can win big and lose small. It's extremely addicting... Can be extremely EXTREMELY stressful... and it's not fun winning. It's more like a relief. When you lose, you think of all the things you could've bought and kick yourself over it.

Some NFL and NCAA games are fixed. I fully believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                i lost $150 (when i was in 7th grade)---(no job)
                b/c i bet on alot of Buffalo Bills games
                well im a bills fan aswell but i mean... betting on the bills is a good way to lose 150 bucks haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  I just placed on a $50 money line bet yesterday and won $120 (plus my original wager of $50). I've been thinking about getting into sports betting semi-seriously for awhile now. I follow football well enough that I pick at a pretty good percentage and know a good line when I see one.

Anybody bet on sports? What type of experiences have you had? Just want to get a discussion going on this.
                  I've made a decent amount grinding it out during the football season. You need to be over 60% correct to cover the vig and show a profit. Learn the Monday Night hedge if you want to grind out winnings.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    The reality is you lose more times than you win (but of course everyone brags that they win all the time). Hopefully you can win big and lose small. It's extremely addicting... Can be extremely EXTREMELY stressful... and it's not fun winning. It's more like a relief. When you lose, you think of all the things you could've bought and kick yourself over it.

everything you said in that 1st paragraph is very true (not gonna get into the fixed games thing). i lose more then i make, not gonna like about it, but for me it just makes watching games of sport when your team isnt involved that much more enjoyable so i think its worth the outlay. i onyl find it stressful on real big bets, something i avoid, i usually stick to $10 and just have a dabble in everything

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

Me and d have talked about sports gambling over the last 2 football seasons. Not on boards. There are alot of games fixed both in NCAA and NFL its very stressful, and if I could give anyone advice dont bet with money you dont have. I have been betting on sports for 6 years now and you better be able to handle the swings. Because there are going to be times you cant pick your nose then there are gonna be times when all you pick is winners. All I can say is when your on a win streak put that money somewhere and dont spend it. Because sooner or later your gonna lose it back.
                      Originally posted by nvot9
                      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                        Me and d have talked about sports gambling over the last 2 football seasons. Not on boards. There are alot of games fixed both in NCAA and NFL its very stressful, and if I could give anyone advice dont bet with money you dont have. I have been betting on sports for 6 years now and you better be able to handle the swings. Because there are going to be times you cant pick your nose then there are gonna be times when all you pick is winners. All I can say is when your on a win streak put that money somewhere and dont spend it. Because sooner or later your gonna lose it back.

Proof, evidence?

Comment

What sites do you guys use for this?...Did the guy who started this really bet on a preseason game????? Quite risky.

Comment

not exactly related... but anyone know how to play poker for real money online in the states?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              not exactly related... but anyone know how to play poker for real money online in the states?
                              Yeah, there are few sites out there but its hard because they give some BS hands to raise excitement. Like one guy goes all in KK and gets called by someone with AA. One guy goes all in with pocket eights and someone calls with Ace, 4. On the flop was 2,3,5. There is Partypoker and Full Tilt poker and some more but I cant think of them at the moment. Full tilt requires at least a $50 deposit. If I were you I would only do the tournaments instead of the regular tables. Full Tilt is the one I use.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information