Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backbreaker/ NaturalMotion Technolgy Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Backbreaker/ NaturalMotion Technolgy Thread

    NaturalMotion technology is the future, and Backbreaker is the football game that will have it in 2008.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/814/814249p1.html
    Backbreaker site:
    http://backbreakergame.com/
    What can it do?
    Tackle Video
    http://www.naturalmotion.com/downloads.htm
    More of what it can do:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3fgj2x1aI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4EF9IkhAOo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpLWnF3MWA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKphYfUk-M
    Last edited by jballa838; 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


    Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.


  • #2
    Whats great about this is we have never seen AI this smart and reactive before. Just imagine how good it will be to play a football game with smart computer AI.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
      Whats great about this is we have never seen AI this smart and reactive before. Just imagine how good it will be to play a football game with smart computer AI.
      yeah. supposedly the AI is more like a reaction thing. if you watch one of the videos it shows stormtroopers trying to grab onto beams.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


      Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

      Comment


      • #4
        In the article it said that at first the couldnt get the guy to walk down a bridge but after tons of work they made it smart enough to not only balance on the bridge but also grab the bridge if its falllen off.

        Comment


        • #5
          the wood breaking is pretty insane too.
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


          Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
            Whats great about this is we have never seen AI this smart and reactive before. Just imagine how good it will be to play a football game with smart computer AI.
            Wait, technology is *gasp*...advancing?

            ;)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Moses View Post
              Wait, technology is *gasp*...advancing?

              ;)
              i know. its crazy.
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


              Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Moses View Post
                Wait, technology is *gasp*...advancing?

                ;)
                This is not so much advancing as it is new. Since there arent capped animations they arent replicas. The players themselves react to each thing with no preset animation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                  This is not so much advancing as it is new. Since there arent capped animations they arent replicas. The players themselves react to each thing with no preset animation.
                  ...

                  That is an advancement. Look at Super Nintendo compared to N64. Look at Half-Life compared to Half-Life 2. This happens all the time. Look at games like BioShock, Crysis, Assassin's Creed, etc. that are innovating again. Remember when motion capture first came into Madden and other video games?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If they sell there tech to Madden wow.......

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Moses View Post
                      ...

                      That is an advancement. Look at Super Nintendo compared to N64. Look at Half-Life compared to Half-Life 2. This happens all the time. Look at games like BioShock, Crysis, Assassin's Creed, etc. that are innovating again. Remember when motion capture first came into Madden and other <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="video%20games" onmouseover="window.status='video games'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">video games</a>?
                      Dude, read the article. Its not just an improvement in graphics and animations. Its not like in Madden where the polygons on a single next-gen helmet outnumber the total polygons on a whole current-gen player, that is an advancement. What the euphoria engine technology is doing is riddin canned animations which hasnt been done in a game before. All past games have been improved in areas such FPS, Branching animations, graphics, 3d Mapping and such. This is a totally new and innovative technology. Please actually do research or at least read the article before you stand firm on a point like that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This could revolutionize the industry...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                          Dude, read the article. Its not just an improvement in graphics and animations. Its not like in Madden where the polygons on a single next-gen helmet outnumber the total polygons on a whole current-gen player, that is an advancement. What the euphoria engine technology is doing is riddin canned animations which hasnt been done in a game before. All past games have been improved in areas such FPS, Branching animations, graphics, 3d Mapping and such. This is a totally new and innovative technology. Please actually do research or at least read the article before you stand firm on a point like that.
                          How is this advancement any different than the addition of physics into a game? Or the addition of dynamic lighting? Hell, how is it different than creating AI that learns and gets "smarter"?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            How is this advancement any different than the addition of physics into a game? Or the addition of dynamic lighting? Hell, how is it different than creating AI that learns and gets "smarter"?
                            because there are no animations... everything is interractive with the enviornment and the speed of the hitter and angle and all that stuff, like where he makes contact and all that. plus in other games the enviornment will be all breakable like real life, and wood will break like wood, plastic like plastic
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                            Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                              because there are no animations... everything is interractive with the enviornment and the speed of the hitter and angle and all that stuff, like where he makes contact and all that. plus in other games the enviornment will be all breakable like real life, and wood will break like wood, plastic like plastic
                              Those features are already available in a ton of games...Hell, they've been around for 3+ years.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information