The Daily Show or The Colbert Report?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daily Show or The Colbert Report?

This question is for people who watch these shows on Comedy Central. While they are both political satires, they both have their differences in humor. They are both great, but the question is which do you prefer to watch? My vote goes to the Daily Show. This is not to discuss politics, just which you prefer.

I watch them both but I gotta go with Colbert Report.

Comment

If you threw in Sportscenter, my head would explode trying to make a decision.

CR < Daily Show opening sequence / news
      DS < Colbert Report "Tonight's Word"
      CR < Daily Show interview

so, Daily Show gets my vote

Comment

Jon Stuart uses comedy that is direct and normally makes fun of something. Stephen Colbert uses goofy satire to achieve laughs, but mostly makes himself as stupid as the things he's making fun of.

I watch the Colbert Report more because it has things going on all the time, but the Daily Show is a better overall program.

Comment

Colbert Report

Comment

great thread, i love both shows and watch them both....but i'm going with the CR because of how stephen runs over to the interviewer while taking high fives

sig by Raiderfan_89

I DIDN'T BOO ANY OF OUR FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!

Comment

Probably Daily show, although I watch both.

Comment

Jon Stewart has become too much of a whiney liberal, Colbert Report is a lot funnier.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv
                  Jon Stewart has become too much of a whiney liberal, Colbert Report is a lot funnier.
                  CR is pure satire

Comment

i like the daily show a little bit better cause it's easier to understand.

Comment

Colbert just needs to get better at his interviews and then that show would win. Stewart is just incredible there. It's funny with both different sides of the spectrum in terms of the satire they dispose, and I more enjoy when it's the other side being used. Heh...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I love them both, Daily show for news and he always has intresting interviews. But I love Colbert report because it's a dead on satire of fox news. I don't know if most people don't understand that or what but that's all it is. It reminds me of how the daily show started out. My favorites are when he does the congresional districts, very good stuff.

Comment

there should be a handycap here, because steven is all alone on his show, while jon has other people ( dan bakkedahl, rob coodry, nate coordy, ed helms, lewis black, jason jones, demitry martin) im cheating here and sayin its a tie. jon makes jokes, steven makes fun of people.

Daily Show = Colbert Report

If you threw in Sportscenter, my head would explode trying to make a decision.
                          i agree

sig by CalBears99
                          Originally posted by yodachu
                          I HAVE ISSUES! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

colbert report... haha i love to watch "the word" funniest part of show usually.

Comment

i like how colbert interviews, lol, he always forces the person to say they hate our troops or hate america... and as stupid as he knows he sounds he never breaks down into laughter.

jon just cant keep a straight face anymore.

Sig byDLS42

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information