Team USA Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
    Still their interior scoring is poor which I predict will come back to haunt them. None of the big men, Howard, Stat, or Chandler are dependable consistent low post scorers especially against other teams. I can think of atleast 10 country's that front lines can pose a serious threat to USA both offensively and defensively.
    I agree, in fact i have a bet that they'll get out before the finals. Although, I have very high hopes that Howard and Chandler will develop and combine with new young players and in a few years the team will finally win it.

Comment

Still their interior scoring is poor which I predict will come back to haunt them. None of the big men, Howard, Stat, or Chandler are dependable consistent low post scorers especially against other teams. I can think of atleast 10 country's that front lines can pose a serious threat to USA both offensively and defensively.

Thats why Al Jefferson, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, or Chris Bosh should be on this team. Although im sure a couple of them were invited. Chandler imo is a complete waste of a roster spot.

Comment

I disagree with Chandler no he isn't an offensive weapon but he is the perfect fit off the bench. He is long, athletic, and runs the floor. He blocks shot, and is a better rebounder than Howard and Stoudemire and the thing I like most about him is that he brings that attitude and swagger that the U.S. needs. In a fair world I would take out Stat for Boozer, but we know that wouldn't happen.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

With coach K as the man in charge, they shouldn't lose a game. The man is a basketball virtuoso

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I disagree with Chandler no he isn't an offensive weapon but he is the perfect fit off the bench. He is long, athletic, and runs the floor. He blocks shot, and is a better rebounder than Howard and Stoudemire and the thing I like most about him is that he brings that attitude and swagger that the U.S. needs. In a fair world I would take out Stat for Boozer, but we know that wouldn't happen.
            Agreed. He's not the big name or sexy pick, but he's no bump on a log neither. He will contribute to this team.

Comment

He can probably contribute with his defense and rebounding. But arent there other players that can play defense and rebound, along with somewhat of an offensive game?

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                He can probably contribute with his defense and rebounding. But arent there other players that can play defense and rebound, along with somewhat of an offensive game?
                Did you not just say he was a "Complete waste of a roster spot". I believe coach K and company know what they want and what they need, and any team with Kobe, Michael Redd, Lebron, and Carmelo can have a role playing Big Man like Chandler, in spite of any offensive deficiencies. Also Chanlder is not totally inept on the offensive end as you make him out to be, he get's his garbage points off of rebonds and tips. Nothing wrong with that. And also Elton Brand couldn't make the team as he suffered a major injury earlier this summer. Might acutally miss this upcoming. season I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  Did you not just say he was a "Complete waste of a roster spot". I believe coach K and company know what they want and what they need, and any team with Kobe, Michael Redd, Lebron, and Carmelo can have a role playing Big Man like Chandler, in spite of any offensive deficiencies. Also Chanlder is not totally inept on the offensive end as you make him out to be, he get's his garbage points off of rebonds and tips. Nothing wrong with that. And also Elton Brand couldn't make the team as he suffered a major injury earlier this summer. Might acutally miss this upcoming. season I believe.

Yes, in the sense that there are definetly players that would imo contribute more than he would. Probably 5-10 players actually.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    Yes, in the sense that there are definetly players that would imo contribute more than he would. Probably 5-10 players actually.
                    We need big men, plain and simple, but many of them are not athletic enough to play in an international game. Chandler and Brand are two who can, but Brand is out for a long time. Chandler is a beast and is a dominator inside.

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I think Chandler's a perfect fit for this team. They need defense and rebounds more so than scoring and what not, considering the star talent on the team. What they really need is another Chandler, because they're seriously lacking in "Big's". It's a shame someone like KG or Duncan won't play.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        I think Chandler's a perfect fit for this team. They need defense and rebounds more so than scoring and what not, considering the star talent on the team. What they really need is another Chandler, because they're seriously lacking in "Big's". It's a shame someone like KG or Duncan won't play.
                        Duncan would not be able to because he is from the Virgin Islands and KG... Well I'm sure that even if he wanted to play, Boston would never allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          Duncan would not be able to because he is from the Virgin Islands and KG... Well I'm sure that even if he wanted to play, Boston would never allow it.
                          I'm pretty sure KG can do whatever he wants, and I'm fairly sure Duncan has already played for the US team and is eligible to, and only isn't because the Virgin Islands now has a team. I could be wrong though.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I'm pretty sure KG can do whatever he wants, and I'm fairly sure Duncan has already played for the US team and is eligible to, and only isn't because the Virgin Islands now has a team. I could be wrong though.
                            Well... Then they suck and hate America.

Comment

I forget exactly why Duncan is not playing but it is NOT because of the Virgin Islands. The time he actually played for the US team, the US played the Virgin Islands; however, Duncan opted to not play against them (not that it mattered).

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                                We need big men, plain and simple, but many of them are not athletic enough to play in an international game. Chandler and Brand are two who can, but Brand is out for a long time. Chandler is a beast and is a dominator inside.
                                Completely agree, even with a guy like Duncan who I respect so much as a top 5 big man all time he would not be a good fit on the time. While he would bring leadership, interior scoring/defense and rebounding because he is just an average athlete with the way team USA goes up and down his strengths would be ignored and wasted.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information