No announcement yet.

Ovechkin vs. Crosby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pens are a better team but Crosby has had guys like John LeClair (I believe in his rookie season), Ryan Malone and Colby Armstrong on his line and made them overachieve. Crosby's vision and precision passing (sorry, just played Madden) is something that is so rare for a player with his experience that it is just mindboggling that he's 19. He won't be Gretzky based on how much he will have to score but he can be a great one for the new era.

Ovechkin on the other hand is tough and is a much better scorer than Crosby is when it comes to goals. His slapshot is sound and his passing with and being on the line with Semin (it's not pronounced semen) has helped him out greatly in my opinion. Ovechkin will definitely pump out a good share of assists and his passing has improved but I love how tough he plays. He does hit when necessary and doesn't shy from contact. I am not saying Crosby doesn't though either but I hate remembering him complaining to the refs about Hatcher. Though, to be fair and unbiased, he was getting mugged.

EDIT: Forgot to say who I would pick, not Crosby by a 5k but I would take Crosby by around 400 meters. I believe he just surpassed last season's assist total?
    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I'll take Sid the Kid; he can just be insane sometimes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing
        Alexander The Great and I say this has an extremely biased Caps fan. He's the best all-around player in the league. The only reason people will say Crosby is because of the media hype.
        Thornton, Hossa, and Drury are the best all around players in the league

*I take Crosby in this battle that still takes up a good 90% of NHL exposure

Comment

I'll take Ovy cause Sidney isn't Canadian...he's *********
          Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
          Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
          Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
          A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Crosby is twice the all around player Ovy is. He's an incredible passer, skater, and creator. Ovy is much more of a power forward type player with a ton of goal scoring potential.

Crosby's game is a lot like Gretzky's and Lemieux's IMO. Just great all around players offensively.

Crosby hands down.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Calder Memorial Trophy
              Finalist For Lester B. Pearson Award
              NHL First All-Star Team
              First Rookie In Fifteen Years Named to First All-Star Team
              Second Rookie Ever with 50/50 Season,
              Third Player Ever To Win Rookie and Offensive Player Of The Month in same month

All of those feats belong to Ovechkin not Crosby.

Comment

Here is an interesting tidbit. Ovechka in russian means Sheep. Ovechkin means 'belonging to a sheep' or 'sheep's'. This is insider information you can get only from a russian speaking poster. If you want so sound smart around the water cooler at work, throw that fact out there.

Comment

Calder Memorial Trophy
                  NHL First All-Star Team

Too bad they are no longer rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                    Calder Memorial Trophy
                    NHL First All-Star Team

They are both very good for the sport. Would anyone really care about hockey if those two young stars weren't playing? I bet they draw 50% of the NHL's audience.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby
                      Calder Memorial Trophy
                      NHL First All-Star Team

They are both very good for the sport. Would anyone really care about hockey if those two young stars weren't playing? I bet they draw 50% of the NHL's audience.
                      Thats definately incorrect. Perhaps they draw close to 50% of new hockey viewers. But hockey fans, although not many of them, are some of the most loyal fans there are. Most hockey fans have been huge followers way before those two hit puberty.

Comment

Calder Memorial Trophy
                        NHL First All-Star Team

Regardless, he outplayed Crosby by far in their rookie years and Crosby is outplaying him this year.

Comment

nobody cares about vs. the nhl

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                          Originally posted by yodachu
                          Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Calder Memorial Trophy
                            NHL First All-Star Team

Regardless, he outplayed Crosby by far in their rookie years and Crosby is outplaying him this year.
                            You might wanna check that by far comment.

Comment

Look at the accomplishments I listed that Ovechkin had his rookie year and then look at what Crosby did his rookie year.

Comment

i say crosby and for htose who say he doesnt have flashy goals, where have you been this year he has pleanty of them this year even though flashy goals are not important.

i think what gives crosby the edge is his vision, he makes some sick passes making his teammates much better and making them a much tougher team.

also has anyone looked at how many shots ovechkin has taken ill save you some time he has 292 shots and 34 goals that gives him a 11.6 shooting percentage.

crosby has 152 shots 25 goals and a 16.4 shooting percentage, so granted crosbys isn't wowingly better but still its something to think about

in the end i do pick crosby, now heres something for ya to think about could u imagine if the penguins won the first pick in 04 and got ovechkin then got crosby in 05, that would be just down right disgusting

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information