No announcement yet.

Ovechkin vs. Crosby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if it's been mention but Crosby's G/SOG is better than Ovechkin's by quite a fair amount. Sure Ovechkin has 9 more goals, but he needed almost 150 more shots. Not to mention Crosby's +/- is 13, compared to Ovechkin's -12.

Comment

I have seen them both play and crosby does a lot by himself and is great in setting plays up, Ovechkin however dominates Croby defensivly and is more well rounded but Sid is better.

former #1 in post count on this site
      first to 500 posts

Comment

Im taking Ovechkin, better goal scorer, has less talent around him, and plus he plays physical, and lays people out!!!
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Don't forget Ovechkin is 21 and Crosby 19....

For a 18 years old last year, 102 points is not bad.

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Handel
            Don't forget Ovechkin is 21 and Crosby 19....

For a 18 years old last year, 102 points is not bad.
            Exactly. Crosby is still at the age where he is almost too young, especially last year.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
              Im taking Ovechkin, better goal scorer, has less talent around him, and plus he plays physical, and lays people out!!!
              He's an elite goal scoring power forward. Crosby is an elite playmaker.

Ovy doesn't touch Crosby's skating ability, his passing ability, his playmaking ability, or his vision. Which is why I'd take Crosby over Ovy.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I would say Crosby is the more "once in a lifetime" player than Ovechkin. Great goal scorers come and go, but players with Crosby's skill set are once in a hockey generation.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp
                  I would say Crosby is the more "once in a lifetime" player than Ovechkin. Great goal scorers come and go, but players with Crosby's skill set are once in a hockey generation.
                  I'll agree with that.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                    I'll agree with that.
                    Well, that makes it fact, now doesn't it?

Comment

Case in point:

During his 4 assist night last night, ha made a pass to Recchi for a goal that was probably better than any goal Ovechkin has scored this year.

Thats right. I compared an assist to a goal.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

I'll agree with that.
                        Well, that makes it fact, now doesn't it?
                        Yup. If an American and a Canadian agree on something Hockey related, it's gotta be a fact. :D

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
                          He's an elite goal scoring power forward. Crosby is an elite playmaker.

Ovy doesn't touch Crosby's skating ability, his passing ability, his playmaking ability, or his vision. Which is why I'd take Crosby over Ovy.
                          I dont disagree with you that Crosby has more playmaking skills, but I still take Ovechkin because I dont like whiny babies I like players who play with a snarl and play tough and score goals.
                          HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

i'll take ovechkin hes a physical player and a much better goal scorer

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life
                              Much better is a real stretch, you really underate Crosby's scoring ability. I'm sure if he took as many shots as Oveckin does he would be close to leading the league in goals. Instead of shooting it every time he get's the puck he likes to pass it, which usually set's up a higher percentage shot.

Crosby is tearing up the league this year, he has 14 more points than the 2nd place point getter.

Comment

Originally posted by javon favre
                                Originally posted by detroit4life
                                Much better is a real stretch, you really underate Crosby's scoring ability. I'm sure if he took as many shots as Oveckin does he would be close to leading the league in goals. Instead of shooting it every time he get's the puck he likes to pass it, which usually set's up a higher percentage shot.

Crosby is tearing up the league this year, he has 14 more points than the 2nd place point getter.
                                It would be nice if Ovechkin had someone to pass the puck to, he has to shoot because on his line he is the only hope of scoring. In fact I give it a year until Semin demands a trade and Ovie is left as the only scoring threat on the team. But hopefully Backstrom copmes over next year and he and Ovie can dominate, but we'll still lose 6-5 or 5-4 because we have no goaltending.
                                HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information