X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ricky bobby
    started a topic Ovechkin vs. Crosby

Ovechkin vs. Crosby

I know we have a NHL discussion thread, but i just had to post this. This is the Wade vs. Lebron debate of the NHL. They are the two best young stars in the NHL and are in the top five in points. If you had to pick one of these guys to start a team with, who would you take?

I took Ovechkin just because he is funner to watch. And because i'm russian

Guest replied
    Originally posted by detroit4life
    i'll take ovechkin hes a physical player and a much better goal scorer
    Much better scorer? Ovechkin has 34 goals on 302 shots... an 11.3%. Crosby has 26 goals in 161 shots... a 16.1%.

That doesn't say everything, and I would concede that Ovechkin is a *slightly* better goal scorer, he is by no means *much* better.

Leave a comment:

• MaxV
    replied
    Ovechkin is really struggling right now. He's been stuck with 72 points for a few games already.

Leave a comment:

• EdReedUnstoppable
    replied
    Originally posted by javon favre
    Much better is a real stretch, you really underate Crosby's scoring ability. I'm sure if he took as many shots as Oveckin does he would be close to leading the league in goals. Instead of shooting it every time he get's the puck he likes to pass it, which usually set's up a higher percentage shot.

Crosby is tearing up the league this year, he has 14 more points than the 2nd place point getter.
    It would be nice if Ovechkin had someone to pass the puck to, he has to shoot because on his line he is the only hope of scoring. In fact I give it a year until Semin demands a trade and Ovie is left as the only scoring threat on the team. But hopefully Backstrom copmes over next year and he and Ovie can dominate, but we'll still lose 6-5 or 5-4 because we have no goaltending.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Much better is a real stretch, you really underate Crosby's scoring ability. I'm sure if he took as many shots as Oveckin does he would be close to leading the league in goals. Instead of shooting it every time he get's the puck he likes to pass it, which usually set's up a higher percentage shot.

Crosby is tearing up the league this year, he has 14 more points than the 2nd place point getter.

Leave a comment:

• detroit4life
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EdReedUnstoppable
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
    Im taking Ovechkin, better goal scorer, has less talent around him, and plus he plays physical, and lays people out!!!
    He's an elite goal scoring power forward. Crosby is an elite playmaker.

Ovy doesn't touch Crosby's skating ability, his passing ability, his playmaking ability, or his vision. Which is why I'd take Crosby over Ovy.
    I dont disagree with you that Crosby has more playmaking skills, but I still take Ovechkin because I dont like whiny babies I like players who play with a snarl and play tough and score goals.

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    I would say Crosby is the more "once in a lifetime" player than Ovechkin. Great goal scorers come and go, but players with Crosby's skill set are once in a hockey generation.
    I'll agree with that.
    Well, that makes it fact, now doesn't it?
    Yup. If an American and a Canadian agree on something Hockey related, it's gotta be a fact. :D

Leave a comment:

• Craigo
    replied
    Case in point:

During his 4 assist night last night, ha made a pass to Recchi for a goal that was probably better than any goal Ovechkin has scored this year.

Thats right. I compared an assist to a goal.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would say Crosby is the more "once in a lifetime" player than Ovechkin. Great goal scorers come and go, but players with Crosby's skill set are once in a hockey generation.
    I'll agree with that.
    Well, that makes it fact, now doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    I'll agree with that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
    Im taking Ovechkin, better goal scorer, has less talent around him, and plus he plays physical, and lays people out!!!
    He's an elite goal scoring power forward. Crosby is an elite playmaker.

Ovy doesn't touch Crosby's skating ability, his passing ability, his playmaking ability, or his vision. Which is why I'd take Crosby over Ovy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Handel
    Don't forget Ovechkin is 21 and Crosby 19....

For a 18 years old last year, 102 points is not bad.
    Exactly. Crosby is still at the age where he is almost too young, especially last year.

Leave a comment:

• Handel
    replied
    Don't forget Ovechkin is 21 and Crosby 19....

For a 18 years old last year, 102 points is not bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information