Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I just figured it out!

If we bring in a marquee big name FA, then it will have to be by Sign & Trade.

Example: Vince Carter

- The Nets would do this so they get something back in return for Carter instead of losing him outright. They also can sign Carter to a bigger contract than the Magic could. They'd like it a lot if they can increase an opponent's cap situation.

- The Magic would do this because by sending contracts back in return, salaries don't have to match up and they'd be able to send practically anything. A package of Hedo or Arroyo, an exception and maybe a 2nd Rounder could do it. That would clear the cap for the Magic to resign Darko.

Boo ya.
    Yeah, it could work but, dont know if the nets would do it... they do already have Kidd and Williams... dont really have the need for another PG... it's gonna be tough.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Nachbar is the same as Hedo and Marcus Williams is 10x better than Arroyo. Why would they do this?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
        Nachbar is the same as Hedo and Marcus Williams is 10x better than Arroyo. Why would they do this?
        They wouldnt...it would just work financially... the Magic are going to have to get very creative this off season. Darko is gonna take a huge chunk out of our cap space... i do want him, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

Possible talk about Portland trading Zach Randoloph for Rashard Lewis. That would be sick with Jack, Roy, Rashard, LaMarcus, and Oden. And Bulls fans fret all you want but Aldridge should have been the pick. Everything you are whining about and wanting in a bigman Aldridge has.
          I thought so last draft. I didn't like the Thomas pick.

Khryapa Ftw? :(

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Who didn't want the #1 pick last night or during the season? Are you telling me Memphis didn't tank it? Are you telling me Milwaukee didn't tank it? We tanked it as much as anyone else in the lottery.
            Yes, Memphis and Milwaukee tanked it as well. I haven't heard a fan of either team come in here and start complaining about the NBA screwed them or that they didn't tank.

The age makes all the difference in the world... because you know... that's why we weren't good. Injuries make all the difference in the world... because you know... that's why we weren't as good as we could have been.
            Tell that to the Bulls who have one of the youngest rosters in the entire NBA yet made the Eastern Confrence semifinals. Yes, injuries played a part but you honestly think they didn't lose games on purpose down the stretch?

Homerism is a ******** word. It's the kind of word that gets thrown around whenever someone can't debunk facts that are slapping them in the face. Ryan Gomes spoke for himself. He wanted to play. He's a competitor. But show me some games down the stretch that are games we should have won.
            No, it's the kind of word that gets thrown around when a fan of a certain team makes an incredibly insane statement. Gomes spoke for the whole team at that point. Why would the **** would Doc Rivers get a contract extension with the kind of record they put up? Simple, because the front office told him to tank and he did as he was told. No other coach in the NBA would get rehired after putting up that kind of record with that kind of talent. The Celtics could have been a bottom seed in the East this year.

There is absolutely zero benefit to having the worst, second worst or eight worst record in the league. If there was, all three teams with the three worst records in the league wouldn't be picking 4-5-6. If there was, the Celtics wouldn't have picked 3 and 6 the year that they statistically had the best odds of getting 1 and 3 and thus missed out on Tim Duncan. Danny Ainge preached that all year. The Celtics are a very young, exciting team that can score points but can't play defense. That is why they were so bad.
            Yes, there is a benefit; you have a better percentage chance of winning the lottery. So just because your favorite team who had a terrible record didn't end up with the number one pick you're going to assume that losing more games doesn't make a difference? The lottery is a crapshoot. Anything can happen so that's why the Celtics didn't end up with Oden or Duncan. That doesn't change the fact that the teams with the worst records have a better chance of getting higher picks.

So if you want to start talking about the Celtics tanking, start coming specific. Tell me some plays they made that caused them to purposely lose games. Ryan Gomes wouldn't have put us over the top in those games.
            I can't give you a list of every play they tanked on but believe me, you can tell by the lack of effort they were putting into games.

This was a great year for the Celtics, regardless of their record. Al Jefferson took that next step and really elevated his game. Rajon Rondo was great and really picked it up down the stretch. Ryan Gomes continued to develop. Gerald Green showed us that he could be a legit scoring threat. But those guys wouldn't have had as many chances to play if Pierce, Szczerbiak, Ratliff and Allen were healthier all year. So you take the good with the bad. But again, to say the Celtics flat out tanked it is uneducated, disingenuous and flat out irresponsible, and that's all there is to it. You're wrong.
            Yes, it would have been a great year had Ainge not been a punk and told Rivers to lose games. Had the Celtics gotten the number five pick without tanking there would be a lot more respect for them on this forum and in the league. You play to win; no matter what. I agree that all of four those guys are developing nicely and it's good for the franchise. Yes, Pierce and the gang being healthy would have made a difference but they still lost games on purpose. I agree you should take the good with the bad so be happy that you only ended up with the number five pick. I'm not saying they flat out tanked but for you to say they didn't at all is biased, self-centered, and homerism, and that's all there is to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Yeah, it could work but, dont know if the nets would do it... they do already have Kidd and Williams... dont really have the need for another PG... it's gonna be tough.
              You guys are missing the point. I don't even want Vince Carter that much.

Additionally, it doesn't matter if the Nets can get more for Carter. IF Carter decides that he wants to come to Orlando, then the Nets are no longer in the driver's seat. They lose all control and negotiating power. They pretty much have to work out something that the Magic would be willing to give up. Why? Because the Magic being under the cap, can sign Carter to a max contract on their own, leaving the Nets out of the picture. They'll be left out to dry. So if the Nets want to get anything out in return for Carter, they'll pull a S&T.

I'm a Magic fan that witnessed Shaq walking out the door leaving the Magic with nothing. I saw Penny Hardaway leave for the Suns in a S&T where the Magic received Danny Manning and Pat Garrity in return. I remember Grant Hill coming to Orlando via S&T with Detroit where we gave up Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins in return. That's how it works. Once a player decides that he wants to go to a team with enough cap space to sign him to a deal he wants outright, then his old team is at the mercy of losing him for nothing or trying to salvage something back in return. The latter being more common.

However, if Carter decides he wants to stay in NJ, then of course, they strike a deal. The Nets knew they would face this issue at the end of the season, but apparently they felt they could persuade him to stay.... Otherwise, they would've traded him before the Trade Deadline, in order to get something in return. Now they are gambling. They are in competition with all the other teams who are under the cap far enough to sign him.

That's important to note because in Orlando's case, if they are going to target Carter, they won't only be trying to persuade him to leave NJ... but they will also be trying to persuade him from going to another team far under the cap who could also be targeting him.

So by saying, the Nets could get a better deal than Hedo or Arroyo, and exception and a pick... or some other package... is not right IF Carter decides Orlando is the place he wants to go to.

Comment

• Here's an early mock I threw together for shits & giggles: http://boosanta.blogspot.com/2007/05...eams-only.html

Not anything too earth-shattering.

Originally posted by snuff
                Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

• If this has already been posted, my apologies, but I think it's an interesting enough point to make note of (courtesy of Yahoo):

For the Trail Blazers, the lottery was sweet revenge. A year ago, they had the worst record in the league and ended up with the fourth pick.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• What do you guys think of Jarrett Jack. A franchise PG or a solid journeyman?
                    Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
                      What do you guys think of Jarrett Jack. A franchise PG or a solid journeyman?
                      I think he would a be solid serviceable PG. Maybe a 3rd or 4th option offensively at best. I would compare him to a Travis Best or Eric Snow. He'll have a long career in the league.

Comment

Role Player.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Role Player.
                          I think Jack will be a starting PG for awhile in the league, but never really a superstar. Should have a fine career though. Better than Telfair that's for sure.

Originally posted by snuff
                          Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

• For Da Bulls ((Btw, i dont know much about basketball)))

Nocioni maybe re-signed I dunno, PJ Brown out, Sweetney, Allen and some others outro! Duhon will probably get traded
                            Deng, Gordon, Heinrich, Wallace will be back. Thomas was progressing near the end of the season, I think Sefolosha will get some more looks next year.

Baring no blockbuster trade

My Bulls Ideal Mock Draft:
                            1.9: Spencer Hawes
                            2.39: Reyshawn Terry
                            2.41: Ron Lewis
                            Last edited by bored of education; 05-23-2007, 09:46 PM.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'm not very high on him. However if Brandon Roy and Greg Oden (assuming thats who the Blazers draft) progress to what they can be, he could become a very, very good roleplayer.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

Possible talk about Portland trading Zach Randoloph for Rashard Lewis. That would be sick with Jack, Roy, Rashard, LaMarcus, and Oden. And Bulls fans fret all you want but Aldridge should have been the pick. Everything you are whining about and wanting in a bigman Aldridge has.
                                Thomas brought the house down in his workout with the Bulls. His first one he was a tad ill, but because he showed so much ability they asked him back for a 2nd try. And from what I read he lit up the Berto Center, which is what vaulted him over Aldridge. LaMarcus I guess had a very good workout, but Tyrus just blew everyone out of their seats with what he did. And for them, he was the BPA on the board at the time, or well the BTA (best talent available) and our front office felt that he was to much of a talent to pass up. Call him a tweener, call him a hybrid, call him whatever you want but when this kid got minutes, he made a difference both offensively and defensively. Tyrus needs to get stronger, he needs to work on his post game, and he needs to get consistency on that outside jumper. All of which are attainable for him. Strength shouldn't be a problem. He's got the frame to fill out, hell Deng has gotten much bigger in 2 seasons. Post game, he showed signs of one in limited minutes. He's extremely quick and explosive, just needs some refining on his footwork and his post moves but the tools are there for that. When he puts his head down and goes to the basket, he's extremely difficult to stop. His mid range jumper has good form and it looks good. He just needs work on it. Luol Deng came in with a very inconsistent mid range jumper, and now it's his bread and butter. What makes me confident is that he is a pretty darn good free throw shooter right now, which means that he has touch.

In 2-3 years down the road, Tyrus is going to be an impact player. The kid progressed a bunch during the season, which earned him more minutes. He's a gym rat who'll work extremely hard on his game in the offseason, not to mention that both he and Thabo will be playing in not only one, but two summer leagues this year which will help them even more. Tyrus has unreal potential, and he showed that this season. He's far from a finished product, but I salivate at the thought of what he will look like once he does fill out his game. Is he a true PF? Nope he's not. Is he a true SF? Nope he's not. But that doesn't bother me one bit. With the style we're playing in Chicago, he'll fit in just fine at the 4 position. Which means at the 5, we're going to get a guy who is a true back to the basket player to replace Big Ben. He and Deng are going to cause HUGE matchup problems for the opposition down the road.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information