NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
    Naturally if they are doing something wrong, which the Lakers do ALOT, they gotta see what they're doing. Like when a QB looks at shot by shot of a play that he made a mistake on. Usually in football, the coach has a play sheet with the gains and losses. I guess videotape at halftime is a step further.
    Yeah, It just seemed nuts to me because Basketball is so fast and there are so many "plays"/possessions whatever you want to call it that it seems crazy that someone has the time to edit a video really quick, or at least get to a certain point in the game film and have the time to break down what they are doing on a specific possession during such a short half.

I always imagined that the coaches would just be real vague and say things like "They are killing us on the pick and roll", "they're working to get the corner 3", "switch and rotate off player X but don't leave player Y"

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      Yeah, It just seemed nuts to me because Basketball is so fast and there are so many "plays"/possessions whatever you want to call it that it seems crazy that someone has the time to edit a video really quick, or at least get to a certain point in the game film and have the time to break down what they are doing on a specific possession during such a short half.

I always imagined that the coaches would just be real vague and say things like "They are killing us on the pick and roll", "they're working to get the corner 3", "switch and rotate off player X but don't leave player Y"
      Yeah. I know what you mean. But they actually pay guys to do stuff like that. There's guys in the stadium, getting paid to that exact job and nothing else. I wouldn't expect every coach to do it, but I do expect it from Phil Jackson.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Why must Howard be forced to play out of position to guard Big Baby? This just goes back to what I was saying about how you overrated Rashard's D and the need for an enforcer at the PF position.

I don't blame Dwight for giving up on D. Not saying he did, but you're suggesting it so... heck, when I play ball and I don't get the ball, I start slacking on D myself. LOL. It's a natural human mentality.

At least by Howard calling for the ball more, he's willing to shoulder the responsibility for the loss. Unlike SVG who will place the blame on his players not scoring. Way to man up Dwight. I see a vocal leader emerging and it's nice to see.
        Dwight didn't just blame SVG?

Not to be a homer or anything but Yao would never spread the blame on anyone but himself.
        Peyton Manning Fanboy
        Originally posted by Complex
        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post

Not to be a homer or anything but Yao would never spread the blame on anyone but himself.
          Yao's coach isn't SVG

Comment

Can the Magic win the Championship next year if Turkoglu is resigned and they have a healthy Jameer Nelson?
            Unless there is some major internal rift. Why not? They should have won this series by now. The talent is there, the mentality seems off.

Jameer's re-addition will be huge and Lee and Howard will continue to get better. They'll certainly be a major contender at the least.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-13-2009, 06:04 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post

Thats because Chinese people are crazy like that. They kill themselves if they get F's on tests and ****.

Here in the States we like to point fingers -- Dwight doin it the American way, god damnit!

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
                LOL im gone for the morning and i missed witnessing this
                I know...I'm pissed I missed out from participating. Still a decent read through lol

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job
                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• You guys talk about the Magic too much. I just had a dream I was Dwight's housemate and I was teaching him how to be a leader.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Unless there is some major internal rift. Why not? They should have won this series by now. The talent is there, the mentality seems off.

Jameer's re-addition will be huge and Lee and Howard will continue to get better. They'll certainly be a major contender at the least.
                    I don't think we can totally dismiss the possibility of an internal rift though.

...and we don't win if Boston has KG. So we also need to factor in how the rest of the league will make improvements as well before we start to think status quo personnel wise is fine.

I remember how you kept saying how Battie being back would be a boost. You even convinced me. lol. That's hardly the case now with hindsight 20/20.

Where do you see us needing improvements? I can't believe that you'd think we have no weaknesses in our personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                      Thats because Chinese people are crazy like that. They kill themselves if they get F's on tests and ****.

Here in the States we like to point fingers -- Dwight doin it the American way, god damnit!
                      Now you're just trying too hard. :/
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I don't think we can totally dismiss the possibility of an internal rift though.

...and we don't win if Boston has KG. So we also need to factor in how the rest of the league will make improvements as well before we start to think status quo personnel wise is fine.

I remember how you kept saying how Battie being back would be a boost. You even convinced me. lol. That's hardly the case now with hindsight 20/20.

Where do you see us needing improvements? I can't believe that you'd think we have no weaknesses in our personnel.
                        What about a real 2 guard? Trade Hedo for one and let Rashard and his max contract play his real position.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                          You guys talk about the Magic too much. I just had a dream I was Dwight's housemate and I was teaching him how to be a leader.
                          Well most of it was the fact that D and MOTH never shut up about the Magic until the prophet Burns began posting in this thread.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            You guys talk about the Magic too much. I just had a dream I was Dwight's housemate and I was teaching him how to be a leader.
                            I'll talk about any team. Bring up a new discussion.

Comment

I have an idea that the problem is that Patrick Ewing is his post coach. Ewing was a classic hook shot player who had savvy moves around the rim but never took it hard. Never backed his opponent down with force and smashed the rim. His style was old school style. He made hook shots, took 3-5 foot fade away jumpers near the basket, especially from the baseline and shot from the top of the key. Howard doesn't have the raw skillset to be that kind of player. He's trying to develop that hook that Ewing had in his arsenal, but let's just say, he's not close to being there yet. He needs a guy who can teach him to bang.
                              Hahahaha. I find this ironic considering how much SVG

Looks like Ron Jeremy

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Sparks star Candace Parker has given birth to a baby girl.

It is the first child for the WNBA's reigning MVP and rookie of the year and husband Shelden Williams of the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Goodwin Sports Management announced the baby girl was born in Los Angeles on Wednesday. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 20 inches long.

"Shelden and I are thrilled," Parker said in a release. "This is such a life changing moment for us, we feel blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby girl."

Parker averaged 18.5 points and 9.5 rebounds last season. She was also on the U.S. team that won a gold medal at the Beijjing Olympics.

Parker plans to rejoin the Sparks once she gets the OK from her doctor. The WNBA season begins June 6.
                                Let's talk about how amazing this baby will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information