NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etk View Post
    If the Raptors had their first round pick still, who would they pick? Marco Belinelli? Marcus Williams?
    Brandon Rush?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
      My favorite second round guys,

G Rodney Stuckey Eastern Washington (I think he will move into the late first though)
      Stuckey is legit.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
        oh question, is it possible for a team to agree to a trade during the draft and then execute it later?

my thought was

Portland selects Oden #1 and they also want Conley. So the bulls agree to select him wit #9 and after the draft (when the FA* signings begin) to sign and trade Noc and the rights to Conley for Lamarcus Aldridge and like the rights to Reyshawn Terry whom the Blazers selected in the second round for us.

This is just a dream scenario with no possible way of occuring but the purpose is to find out if its possible for teams to do.
        Atlanta might take Conley or atleast have given the illusion that they will and will continue to whether or not they want him for leverage. It is clear that Portland would need to trade up to #3 to get Conley. If you trade a big name player like Randolph lets say for a specific player you better be in a spot where the guy you know will be there and #3 is the only spot with that insurance, no way are they dealing with the Bulls at #9.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
          most likely.
          Why are you rolling your eyes? I wouldn't fault them for taking him at all.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
            Stuckey is legit.
            i have a felling that someone will take him alot earlier than expected

phoenix would be nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
              Atlanta might take Conley or atleast have given the illusion that they will and will continue to whether or not they want him for leverage. It is clear that Portland would need to trade up to #3 to get Conley. If you trade a big name player like Randolph lets say for a specific player you better be in a spot where the guy you know will be there and #3 is the only spot with that insurance, no way are they dealing with the Bulls at #9.
              He wasn't talking about that trade exactly.. but the type of trade it was.. basically saying they'll do a trade if each team picks a certain guy, but they wait for Free Agency to start to include a Sign & Trade player in the deal.. At least, that's what I assume he meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                He wasn't talking about that trade exactly.. but the type of trade it was.. basically saying they'll do a trade if each team picks a certain guy, but they wait for Free Agency to start to include a Sign & Trade player in the deal.. At least, that's what I assume he meant.
                You can agree on principle but you can't have a formal written agreement, so if a team wants to screw the other team over and go against their word they can, although it's more of one of those unwritten rules, but obviously it is rare, I can't think of a situation in which this happened.

Comment

• Oh man I love it, the Blazers have made initial offers for the Hawks 3rd pick for Conley and Hawks said we want Brandon Roy or LaMarcus, haha atleast they are not giving in and are keeping the leverage. They have already offered Zach Randolph and Jarrett Jack for the 3rd pick. I think the Hawks should take that but they would need to add someone to balance the contracts and thats not happening. For the Hawks sure I'd take Broy cause he will be an Allstar but he wouldn't even be starting for us. Joe Johnson is our 2, and Brandon can't play pure PG for us so I'm not sure, Childress is an excellent backup already and could be starting elsewhere so while I'm sure we would find a way to get Roy in the starting lineup like moving JJ to SF which would be unnatural the fit would just be awkward. Obviously getting LaMarcus would be amazing and would give us the franchise big we have been looking for. And I know it would be crazy for the Blazers to trade LaMarcus to us for the 3rd pick but if they are that adamant about having Oden with Conley Jr., Randolph and Oden would be a great combo, Randolph is an Allstar and only what 25-26 years old. To be honest I'd love to take Randolph and Jarrett Jack if we only need to add say a Lorenzen Wright along with the 3rd pick to balance out contracts. I know he has attitude issues but Zach would give the Hawks an allstar forward and a starting point guard, who is a local boy from Georgia, plus with the 11th pick we would have the luxury of taking any position, even possibly Julian Wright if he drops to challenge Marvin for the SF spot. Or even Thad Young another local kid.
                  Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 05-27-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Am I the only person in the 'Portland should take Kevin Durant' bandwagon?
                    No you are not.

And as far as Gordon, I would not be disappointed at all to see him go. I think it's too early to trade him this season (unless we receive a starting quality 2 in the process, but if we wait till next year we could get a big or a package of young players and draft picks and let Thabo step in at the 2), but if we could work a sign and trade after this coming year I would have no problem with that at all. The fact that he's a small 2 really kills us defensively, at least against a team against the NJ Nets. With Carter and Jefferson at the 2/3 spots, if we have Ben and Kirk on the floor at the same time we're stuck with Kirk guarding Vince who has about 2 inches and 30 lbs on him. At least from what I saw, thats a major mismatch, and that along with poor transition defense and a terrible shooting game cost us the #2 seed in the last game of the year. Not saying that Gordon has to go, but I think if we get a good deal for him the pluses outweigh the minuses. Of course, if Luol Deng doesn't develop into as consistant a scorer as Gordon, we could have offensive problems, but I think he'll continue to improve and we'll be just fine.

Comment

• Wow Albridge and Roy? Not saying they should be untouchable, but I highly doubt the POR would get rid of both of them for an unproven PG just because Oden wants him. Much less both Albridge and Roy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        Wow Albridge and Roy? Not saying they should be untouchable, but I highly doubt the POR would get rid of both of them for an unproven PG just because Oden wants him. Much less both Albridge and Roy.
                        I could be wrong but I'm almost positive it's Aldridge OR Roy. Aldridge, as Ghetto said, could actually make sense for Portland. At least a lot more sense than Roy would, although Roy wouldn't make that much sense for Atlanta either.

Comment

Wow Albridge and Roy? Not saying they should be untouchable, but I highly doubt the POR would get rid of both of them for an unproven PG just because Oden wants him. Much less both Albridge and Roy.
                          He didn't say anything about trading both of them, Portlands GM would be fired in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Oh my bad it does say OR. I thought Hawks were being really greeedy.

Comment

Oh my bad it does say OR. I thought Hawks were being really greeedy.
                              LaMarcus makes the most sense for Atlanta, and Randolph makes the most sense for Portland. LaMarcus makes sense for Portland, possibly the second most, and same for Randolph and Atlanta. If the Blazers go Oden with the #1 pick, there has got to be a pretty strong possibility of something happening because it makes sense for both sides. Portland would have a logjam in the frontcourt and wants Conley, plus they could use a point. Atlanta could use a big, might get Jack in the deal, and if so could go Crittenton at 11 or just take BPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                                LaMarcus makes the most sense for Atlanta, and Randolph makes the most sense for Portland. LaMarcus makes sense for Portland, possibly the second most, and same for Randolph and Atlanta. If the Blazers go Oden with the #1 pick, there has got to be a pretty strong possibility of something happening because it makes sense for both sides. Portland would have a logjam in the frontcourt and wants Conley, plus they could use a point. Atlanta could use a big, might get Jack in the deal, and if so could go Crittenton at 11 or just take BPA.
                                I really want Randolph and Jack, and that is actually what the Blazers reportedly have offered, Randolph gives us a young dominant allstar, and Jack gives us a solid starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information