No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of the Hawks. Did Solomon Jones do anything last year? He was one of sleepers in the draft last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
      Speaking of the Hawks. Did Solomon Jones do anything last year? He was one of sleepers in the draft last year.
      Stats wise were nothing special, but he played in over half of the games probably started that last 10 or so games, he has great potential. He is very active and can rebound and block shots, but his offense is lacking. Someone who really impressed me is Shelden Williams, and I will always hate the pick and he will never be #5 pick worthy but I expect him to be a career 12+8 guy off the bench. He could have a solid role every year, a team glue kind of guy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
        I really want Randolph and Jack, and that is actually what the Blazers reportedly have offered, Randolph gives us a young dominant allstar, and Jack gives us a solid starter.
        I don't know about that GS. Not knocking on your team but I don't think Randolph (who is a major head case) on that team which I feel is undisciplned at times is a good fit there. They aren't a bad team but Zach would be a better fit in a place like Chicago IMO. An organization that prides itself on character players, and a coach like Skiles who commands respect and has strict hand.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          I don't know about that GS. Not knocking on your team but I don't think Randolph (who is a major head case) on that team which I feel is undisciplned at times is a good fit there. They aren't a bad team but Zach would be a better fit in a place like Chicago IMO. An organization that prides itself on character players, and a coach like Skiles who commands respect and has strict hand.
          I agree but I'd be willing to take the chance, and the Blazers would rather trade him to the Hawks than Bulls cause they want Conley. To Randolph's credit the punch in the Ruben Patterson case with Quientel Woods(who already had Pacman Jones type disciplinary issues before he was drafted) it was a time when everyone on the Blazers was a head case and he was in a bad situation. I don't believe he ever had character issues in college, and being under Tom Izzo you know he should have atleast a solid character. All of the other stuff like the sexual assault case and the registered car case, are completely his fault, but I'd like to think a change of scenery anywhere would do him good. I know he's good with fans, but he needs to see that if he can just keep his act together he can be an elite big man in the league on the same level of the Boozers and Elton Brands.

Comment

I agree but I'd be willing to take the chance, and the Blazers would rather trade him to the Hawks than Bulls cause they want Conley. To Randolph's credit the punch in the Ruben Patterson case with Quientel Woods(who already had Pacman Jones type disciplinary issues before he was drafted) it was a time when everyone on the Blazers was a head case and he was in a bad situation. I don't believe he ever had character issues in college, and being under Tom Izzo you know he should have atleast a solid character. All of the other stuff like the sexual assault case and the registered car case, are completely his fault, but I'd like to think a change of scenery anywhere would do him good. I know he's good with fans, but he needs to see that if he can just keep his act together he can be an elite big man in the league on the same level of the Boozers and Elton Brands.
            You should see his police report, it has like 10 charges on it. He had a lot of trouble in High School, and I believe he had some charges in college as well. And recently he just into trouble as well. I can't remember everything on the list but it involved drugs, sexual assault, and things like that.

He's a guy who can tear a team apart, and with a young team like Atlanta's that could be a horrible situation. Idk, if I'm Atlanta I think twice about doing this. The value is good, but I just don't trust Randolph as well.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I wish they would do #3 for Lamarcus straight up, but I don't see that happening. I'd like to see Zach in D.C. No one ever has character issues in D.C. In D.C. it isn't like other places where when you go out if you are an athlete you are treated like a celebrity. Here because we are in the middle of political America you don't have those same privileges of walking into a club like you own it, plus here in D.C. if you stay out late making trouble and you are famous you will go down, just ask Andray Blatche. In D.C. all of the players here just stay home and practice, and with a light hearted guy like Gilbert I think he will be able to keep Zach happy and out of trouble, we have high character guys in Caron, Gil, AD etc... Only problem is with Etan and Brendan cause Brendan is always being a little kid but he is 100% guaranteed to be traded especially after what he has been saying lately. I'd happily give Jamison for Randolph. Randolph gives us a legit low post scorer, and takes pressure off Caron and Gil, while Blazers get a starting SF, and a pretty sick lineup with Jack/Conley, Broy, Jamison, Lamarcus, and Oden. Plus Jamison is a high character guy.

Comment

• i love LaMarcus and they Blazers wont trade him but Randolph and Jack is a good trade to the Hawks but the only problem with Randolph is he didnt play any Defense

Comment

• anyone do a mock draft

im really interested on who the bulls would select

Comment

I really want Randolph and Jack, and that is actually what the Blazers reportedly have offered, Randolph gives us a young dominant allstar, and Jack gives us a solid starter.
                    I think each scenario (LaMarcus straight up vs. Randolph and Jack) has its pluses and minuses. If you trade for LaMarcus, you probably would lean towards going point at 11, so lets just say you take Crittenton there. You're basically weighing LaMarcus and Crittenton vs. Randolph, Jack, and 11. LaMarcus and Crittenton have arguably better high end potential, and both are younger than Randolph and Jack. It gives you a more conventional lineup (assuming Smith is at the 4, LaMarcus is a more natural 5 than Randolph IMO) and a ton of flexibility because LaMarcus can play the 4 or 5, Smith can play the 3 or 4 and Marvin Williams probably can to, Crittenton is probably big enough to defend the 1 and 2 if necessary and Joe Johnson can do practically anything. You could also argue that they fit in better with the Hawks team, but I'm not completely sure about that. Randolph and Jack have some pluses too. They probably step in and play at a higher level sooner. Plus you have the flexibility of taking pretty much whoever you want at 11. Kind of depends what you're after, but both deals would be nice. Hopefully I'm not wrong on everything as I'm more taking educated guesses than anything else, but that's how I saw it when I thought about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      anyone do a mock draft

If Yi falls to them (unlikely as it is), then Yi is the pick. Otherwise it's probably going to be Spencer Hawes.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

anyone do a mock draft

MINE:
                        My Mock Draft in Minimal Detail

Comment

• Originally posted by DorianSmith View Post
                          Sorry but that's pretty awful, plus Hansborough and Lawson aren't even eligible, and Visser at 14 makes me wanna cry.

Comment

• i thought the bulls had 2 first round picks

but i like jeff green int eh first for the bulls
                            or julian wright

Comment

i thought the bulls had 2 first round picks

but i like jeff green int eh first for the bulls
                              or julian wright
                              Eh, I guess. I like Hawes personally because getting either of those two creates a log jam on our team. Although if we do go that way, I wouldn't be upset at all, both are very good all around players.

I think though when Hawes gains some weight he's going to be a helluva post player. Amazing passing skills for a big man, good outside touch, great hands, and very good post moves. I liken him to Pau Gasol personally from what I've seen.

Also in regards to his inconsistent season, I just found out that he had injury problems all year long, which was a major reason to why he was inconsistent. He still averaged 15 and 7 though, which is pretty darn good for being banged up all year.

Comment

Sorry but that's pretty awful, plus Hansborough and Lawson aren't even eligible, and Visser at 14 makes me wanna cry.
                                i thought they were but i had McRoberts at 14 they got mixed up somehow i will edit it later

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information