NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    I'm not too thrilled about the Shane/pick for Rashard trade.
    Well he isn't coming back to Seattle I'm about 80% sure on that so getting anything for him is good, and Battier and 26 is no bad constellation. Just like Last year Al Harrington could have signed with a team and the Hawks would have gotten nothing in return, instead they trade him for a simple first rounder which was bellow his worth considering most were sure the Pacers would be in the playoffs, and look now they got the 11th pick instead of nothing, it's always better to get something than nothing, I am still the biggest supporter for them of trading Rashard for Randolph. Rashard would sign off on it cause he doesn't have to move far and can play with Oden, Roy, and Lamarcus. For the Sonics getting Kevin Durant and Zach Randolph a big who can actually score will do wonders.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
      Well he isn't coming back to Seattle I'm about 80% sure on that so getting anything for him is good, and Battier and 26 is no bad constellation.
      I'm a Rockets fan. ;)
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I'm a Rockets fan. ;)
        Oh Gotcha. Well Rockets were horrid in scoring in their playoff series and Rashard is a 20+ scorer every year and can rebound.

Comment

• I don't see it happening largely due to the money Lewis is going to demand. We have Mac & Yao -- we definitely don't have the dough to add Lewis. Shane Battier is perfect for the team, he takes a load off of Mac by guarding the other team's best player most of the game, hustles, take charges, etc. etc. I would personally prefer if we stayed the way we were and added a PG or SG through the draft.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I don't see it happening largely due to the money Lewis is going to demand. We have Mac & Yao -- we definitely don't have the dough to add Lewis. Shane Battier is perfect for the team, he takes a load off of Mac by guarding the other team's best player most of the game, hustles, take charges, etc. etc. I would personally prefer if we stayed the way we were and added a PG or SG through the draft.
            I think its an upgrade. Yao, Tmac and Rashard would be a nice group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              I think its an upgrade. Yao, Tmac and Rashard would be a nice group.
              It's also not possible due to the money Lewis would demand.

Comment

• I hope the Blazers Get COnely and Rashard that would be a great starting line up: Conely,Roy,Lewis,Alrdige,Oden

Comment

• Originally posted by DorianSmith View Post
                  I hope the Blazers Get COnely and Rashard that would be a great starting line up: Conely,Roy,Lewis,Alrdige,Oden
                  Don't see it happening. Atlanta needs a good PG in the worst way with all those forwards and I don't expect them to essentially pass on the best PG available for the third straight year. Though they could always snag Acie Law IV, one of my favorite players in the draft, at 11 and that would work too. I just think for a young team like Atlanta they should go Conley. But if they get a great offer they could trade with Portland and still get a good player

Comment

• Honestly Portland doesn't need a point guard as badly as it seems, Acie is would only be the 3rd best PG on their roster. Jack is more than a solid starter, and Sergio was really good last year and showed star potential, mark my words if the Blazers take Conley Sergio will beat him out for the starting spot. They need a SF first and foremost after Oden. All they need to do is trade Randolph for a pick between 7-13 and draft a Jeff Green, Julian Wright, Corey Brewer, or Al Thornton. Many teams in the league would wish they had a Jarrett Jack, Sergio Rodriguez, Dan Dickau PG group.

Comment

• Brandan Wright really worries me, the fact that he hasn't put a single pound on since the end of the year tells me either his body isn't capable or he isn't willing to work, to not gain a pound at the most important time is shocking. Also size aside I never really understood the Chris Bosh comparisons other than the eye ball test. Wright has awful handles and also has no outside range at all. He is limited to 10 feet in so to be honest with his stature and his overrated skill set I wouldn't touch him in the top 5. Atleast Yi shows you the skill set with ball handling, and shooting and he can bang inside despite his size, as he showed against Tim Duncan. Wright sure he is athletic and freakishly long but I just see way too much bust factor to take him as early as top 7 lets say. Horford and Yi are in front of him already in my eyes and he could see a further drop unless he gains weight and develops more skill. Teams looking for a PF if Yi and Al are gone might even give 3/4's a look before him like Jeff Green or Al Thornton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                        Honestly Portland doesn't need a point guard as badly as it seems, Acie is would only be the 3rd best PG on their roster. Jack is more than a solid starter, and Sergio was really good last year and showed star potential, mark my words if the Blazers take Conley Sergio will beat him out for the starting spot. They need a SF first and foremost after Oden. All they need to do is trade Randolph for a pick between 7-13 and draft a Jeff Green, Julian Wright, Corey Brewer, or Al Thornton. Many teams in the league would wish they had a Jarrett Jack, Sergio Rodriguez, Dan Dickau PG group.
                        I don't think it's a need as much as it's catering to its new big star. Come on, it's really a no-brainer if they can do it. Keep the big fella happy, maybe he stays longer, boosts Portland's team everyone's happy. It's not a knock against Jack but if you have the chance to get two guys with chemistry like those two why not do it?

Comment

• They're aren't gonna be near enough shots in Houston to go around if that deal happens. Lewis is a gunner and that's not what they need right now. They need some glue guys around Yao and McGrady like Horry and Fisher were for the Lakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            I still think he's more like Ford. I don't think Conley will be able to finish inside in the NBA like he did in the NCAA. He needs to put on some weight if he wants to be a finisher inside.
                            How big is Tony Parker? They're about the same size and he is unstoppable inside at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                              They're aren't gonna be near enough shots in Houston to go around if that deal happens. Lewis is a gunner and that's not what they need right now. They need some glue guys around Yao and McGrady like Horry and Fisher were for the Lakers.
                              We already have the perfect glue guy in Shane Battier which is exactly why I'm not thrilled with the idea.

Comment

• ghettosermon u think u could post some play comparisons? thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information