No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what everyone is saying but, I wouldnt buy into that too much. Considering the Lakers also shot the hell outta the ball. Every game is different from game to game. Orlando could have won last game, struggling all 1st half.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
      If I am the Lakers I am still confident going into next game because the Magic barely won the game shooting an amazing percentage.
      The series all of sudden got serious eh?

Each game has been very different, but the biggest difference between winning this game and losing last game was Free Throws at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        The series all of sudden got serious eh?

Each game has been very different, but the biggest difference between winning this game and losing last game was Free Throws at the end.
        Last game's problem was turnovers by far. Plus they didnt start playing something that resembled their game until the 2nd half. Tonight's game was pretty much the first one the real team showed up to. Granted they wont shoot like that all the time, I mean from a tempo/pacing/scheming stand point. You watch the tempo of this team in the first two, compared to tonight, you'd think you were looking at two different teams.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Last game's problem was turnovers by far. Plus they didnt start playing something that resembled their game until the 2nd half. Tonight's game was pretty much the first one the real team showed up to. Granted they wont shoot like that all the time, I mean from a tempo/pacing/scheming stand point. You watch the tempo of this team in the first two, compared to tonight, you'd think you were looking at two different teams.
          Not saying TO's weren't the problem last game, and I know we cut down on them today, but there were still plenty enough mistakes on our part. Rebounding was also a problem today. But what was noticeable to me was the fact that we nailed our FTs in the 4th quarter today, when we didn't on Sunday.

Comment

• ORLANDO -- There is good and bad to the bright lights of the NBA Finals -- even for a relatively unknown backup center like Marcin Gortat of the Orlando Magic.

Gortat, in just his second NBA season, and the only player in the league from Poland, becomes a restricted free agent this summer. He has helped himself immensely with consistent performances during this playoff run, attracting attention from other teams around the league.

He also received an uncomfortable phone call last weekend from Reebok, with whom he has a shoe contract. Representatives of the company were not happy to see a picture of him from Game 1 in a Polish newspaper that prominently displayed his Michael Jordan/Nike logo tattoo on his lower right leg.

Reebok asked him either to wear higher socks tonight to cover up the tattoo, or to apply makeup so it will not be noticed through the rest of the NBA Finals.

"They called and said I had to do something about it, but that ain't going to happen,'' Gortat said after Tuesday morning's workout.

Gortat tattoo"I've been wearing it 4-5 years now, and it helped me get to the NBA," said Gortat. "They didn't say anything about it when I signed the contract, so it's not going anywhere. I don't think they are paying me enough to take it off.''

Gortat would not say how much his Reebok contract is worth beyond the shoes he is provided to wear, but he said it was minimal compared to what the stars of the league receive.

"I've heard from other people that even other players, if they don't know my name, they know I'm the big white guy with the Jordan tattoo,'' he said. "I like that. Reebok will have to get used to that.''
            http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/09/r...ttoo-wont-fly/

great quote
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
              “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
              -MJ

People tend to confuse resiliency for never failing in Jordan's case.

Great game by the Magic, loved that dunk by Lee. I'm glad this isn't a bad series like last year.
              Not really.

Everyone accepts that he wasn't perfect. But he never failed on the big stage. He always hit his free throws or made the shot when it counted.

With Kobe last night, he didn't play the first 5 mins of the 4th quarter. He missed too many free throws late that would have tied it. He forced ridiculous shots when he should have passed. You never saw Michael doing that in the finals.

And yes, I know early in his career he failed earlier in playoffs. I'm saying when he had the opportunity to win a championship, he didn't choke.

Comment

• I fully expect Kobe to opt out and sign with the Pistons this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  And yes, I know early in his career he failed earlier in playoffs. I'm saying when he had the opportunity to win a championship, he didn't choke.
                  Uh the series is not exactly over, I'd say Kobe still has a bit of a chance to win a championship this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                    Not really.

Everyone accepts that he wasn't perfect. But he never failed on the big stage. He always hit his free throws or made the shot when it counted.

With Kobe last night, he didn't play the first 5 mins of the 4th quarter. He missed too many free throws late that would have tied it. He forced ridiculous shots when he should have passed. You never saw Michael doing that in the finals.

Well Kobe still has that opportunity. Michael wasn't perfect in the Finals either, I remember him having an off game against the Suns. Kobe was really good in the first two games and started off strong in Game 3 before struggling down the stretch. I fully expect him to respond for Game 4.

Game 3 though last night was incredible from start to finish, very well played. I do think that if the Magic keep doubling Kobe that Phil needs to move him off the ball and get someone else involved in the pick and roll because even though he's making the right reads off the double, I think he can be more effective if he's coming off the ball on curls, screens, cuts, etc.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      Uh the series is not exactly over, I'd say Kobe still has a bit of a chance to win a championship this year.
                      I didn't say he blew the series. I'm saying he choked when he had a chance to at least tie the game for his team.

I'm not saying Michael never had a bad game, either. I'm saying that late in a close game, he wouldn't be on the bench for like half the 4th quarter, miss crucial free throws, or force everything while not even looking to involve his teammates. I know guys like Kobe, MJ, Lebron, etc. are supposed to be the ones with the ball in their hands at the end, but that doesn't mean you force it and don't even look to move the ball when you are doubled with no view of the basket.

Comment

• Well Michael knew how to close better than any player in the history of the game. If he didn't succeed he'd die trying. MJ usually made good decisions when the game was on the line.

Kobe while the best closer in the NBA right now still has his moments where you scratch your head on what he's trying to do. Although the double teams I think threw him out of his rhythm.

He did play two very good games though before that and against Denver he pretty much carried his team so one "off game" where he really wasn't that bad isn't something I'd be concerned about. He'll be ready to go for Game 4.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          Well Michael knew how to close better than any player in the history of the game.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            Miller has some of the best daggers in the history of ever, difficult to argue for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                              That push still grinds my gears. Also that was awesome to win game 6 for them only to lose game 7.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• What are you doing down here, NBA thread? Don't you know there's a finals game today?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information