No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though Barbosa played great last year if we could swap him for Rubio, I would do it in a second

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      As a 3rd or the 4th fall back option, perhaps. They'll be making offers to Wallace and Bass as soon as FA starts so, they're hoping for one of the two.
      Why as a fall-back? Wallace is old, Bass doesn't have range, and Villanueva is probably the most athletic of the three.

Comment

• Originally posted by StackJaxx View Post
        The now legendary Jennings/Budden conversation.
        WARNING. NSFW. AT ALL.

Personally, I have always loved jennings, and this just solidified it. He has that swag that is always there. I'm tired of that everyone's favorite four letter sports network tries to portray athletes as real, yet once they are who they are, they cast them as selfish, brash kids who can't handle the celebrity. I like that Jennings is always Jennings, he doesnt act to like someone who he isn't. As much as that antagonizes him, it creates fans who are die hards for him.
        LMFAO. Good luck with that cat Milwaukee. That isn't going to end well.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• That was hilarious, kinda tough to understand Jennings though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
            Why as a fall-back? Wallace is old, Bass doesn't have range, and Villanueva is probably the most athletic of the three.
            Because, Rasheed is the best fit by far. And if you're acquiring Vince Carter and expressing interest in Wallace...they want to win right now. A small window...they're stacking the deck. Also, CV's defense is highly suspect and he doesnt play with the demeanor of a Wallace or Bass. A big thing those guys have in common, besides good defense...is toughness. And Wallace and Bass are certainly truer PFs than a CV. Ultimately, Wallace is going to be the man they want most.

I hate this type of short term building but, they got a taste and want more, immediatly. They're not even looking into the future, it's about winning now...and Wallace would give them the best shot to do so. And as for Bass being their 2nd option. Again, a truer PF who plays well on the defensive end and supplies you with toughness, that this team was lacking last season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
              Go get him, Magic.

I will feel much more secure in our future (both short and long term, considering he'll be just 25 this summer) if we can lock him up. He'd be perfect: He's an .800 free throw shooter, can hit a three, grabs his share of rebounds and his usage rate on offense (the percentage of possessions in which he either scores or logs an assist) is outstanding.

Not to mention that if you project his statistics last year to 40 minutes, he would have been a (theoretical) 24/10 player.
              Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              God Milwaukee is dumb. Oh and he's absolutely 100 percent going to Cleveland.
              Ummm, where would the Cavs and Magic get that type of cap space for him? Being that this class isn't all that great, he probably will get more then the MLE, it just depends on how many offers come through.
              Originally posted by yo123 View Post
              That was hilarious, kinda tough to understand Jennings though.
              I like that he is out in the open and speaks his mind, but from what it seems like, he is going to butt heads with his coach and possibly players, and say I'm going to run this play because I feel its got a better chance to work then what the coach said. I mean he might get away with that under Scott Skiles, but D'Antoni takes no ****, and that type of attitude is probably why the Knicks went BPA instead of filling a need. He would have put D'Antoni in his place, just like he did to Marbury and just like he did to Curry.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Nick Calathes signs with Panathinaikos for 3 years, €2.1 million

Comment

• I've been hearing full MLE for CV. There are a few guys that will get the real FA dollars and he probably wont be one of them. That's what the Cavs would offer and that's where most have him pegged to land.

His qualifying offer was at $4.6 and the MLE is at $5.58 million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• You wanna know how to understand Brandon Jennings?

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      You wanna know how to understand Brandon Jennings?

I hope he brings back the high top fade.

It's dope!

Her is another photo of Mr. Compton

O jeez the cockiness is at an all time high right now. He has to learn his place right now, otherwise he is just going to become another spoiled young millionaire who is going to ***** about everything and want things his way. Please don't do that Jennings, I like you, and would have wanted you on the Knicks. Donnie and D'Antoni felt otherwise however, and of course I can see why.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        You want a guy who will be our backup PF in exchange for the #5 pick? Craig Smith is just fine as a backup PF. By the way Mike Miller was worthless last year, Ryan Gomes played just as well in that spot.

But looking around a little bit I saw that we turned down the #8 pick + Chandler for Rubio. I don't have a link but that is a deal I definitely would have done. Take Flynn at 6 and then grab Derozan or T-Will at 8.
                        Yeah, backup PF is more than secured for the Wolves with Smith, Songaila and Pecherov. Also, Miller played the 2 more than anything else last year and was equally worthless at that. It just allowed him to get destroyed on the defensive end by virtually ever guard with a hint of athleticism.

And I honestly still probably wouldn't have liked the deal with the knicks even if it had been Chandler and #8. Derozan definitely has the potential to be a star, as does Williams, but I don't see the desire to be anything more than average in Derozan and Williams just doesn't do a whole lot more for me than several other prospects in the past years, such as our own Rodney Carney. That's what happens though when you have terrible ball handling and cannot get to the rim at the 2 guard position.
                        SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          God Milwaukee is dumb. Oh and he's absolutely 100 percent going to Cleveland.
                          Why is it a dumb move by Milwaukee? Skiles is a defensive minded coach and Charlie V is an offensive minded forward who doesn't have the speed to guard the perimter or the strength/toughness to play inside. The Bucks also dealt for Amir Johnson and I am guessing that John Hammond has big plans for him. Kurt Thomas is on the roster so he can be the starter at the 4 with Amir seeing significant playing time.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Watching Brandon Jennings fail is going to be so much fun.
                            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                              Yeah, backup PF is more than secured for the Wolves with Smith, Songaila and Pecherov. Also, Miller played the 2 more than anything else last year and was equally worthless at that. It just allowed him to get destroyed on the defensive end by virtually ever guard with a hint of athleticism.

And I honestly still probably wouldn't have liked the deal with the knicks even if it had been Chandler and #8. Derozan definitely has the potential to be a star, as does Williams, but I don't see the desire to be anything more than average in Derozan and Williams just doesn't do a whole lot more for me than several other prospects in the past years, such as our own Rodney Carney. That's what happens though when you have terrible ball handling and cannot get to the rim at the 2 guard position.

I disagree about Williams not being able to handle the ball, and I think getting to the rim is one of the best parts of his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                                Watching Brandon Jennings fail is going to be so much fun.
                                He is just going to hate playing under Scott Skiles, I mean he is a fast break type of dude, and he has no one to play with him in that type of style. I just wonder how long he lasts before Skiles or Jennings asks for a trade, because he seems like that type of player.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information