Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by Ghettosermon
    Do Bulls fans regret not taking Lamarcus, because yes Tyrus has the highest celing out of any player in the draft but Lamarcus would give them low post scoring and really help for winning a championship right now.
    Not really. I think even though Tyrus was a tweener, he was way to talented to pass up. And actually, even though he's a tweener, I think in about 3 years he'll be able to go down on the block and post up. He needs some strength though.
    That's flat denial. I admit I wasn't LA's biggest fan, but he's proven me wrong. The guy understands how to play the game. He's gonna be a great one.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
      Originally posted by sweetness34
      Do Bulls fans regret not taking Lamarcus, because yes Tyrus has the highest celing out of any player in the draft but Lamarcus would give them low post scoring and really help for winning a championship right now.
      Not really. I think even though Tyrus was a tweener, he was way to talented to pass up. And actually, even though he's a tweener, I think in about 3 years he'll be able to go down on the block and post up. He needs some strength though.
      That's flat denial. I admit I wasn't LA's biggest fan, but he's proven me wrong. The guy understands how to play the game. He's gonna be a great one.
      Oh for sure. The Bulls should have kept Alderige, he fills there biggest need ( a scorer inside), Hes farther along in his development as a player and better ready to play right now, and has almost as high of a cieling to develop IMO. I dont think he would have too much of an impact this year but hed have far more impact than TT. I think the bulls were just enamored with TT's athelticism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
        Originally posted by D-Unit
        Oh for sure. The Bulls should have kept Alderige, he fills there biggest need ( a scorer inside), Hes farther along in his development as a player and better ready to play right now, and has almost as high of a cieling to develop IMO. I dont think he would have too much of an impact this year but hed have far more impact than TT. I think the bulls were just enamored with TT's athelticism.
        And that's something we lacked last season in the playoffs. Tyrus had hands down the most upside in that draft. They worked him out twice and thought he wasd the best fit.

And how is that denial? Tyrus will be able to post up in about 2 years. He's already shown that ability this season. He's not going to be a paint player but he's got that ability.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
          The difference is that Blatche could always shoot and make the bucket. His range goes all the way out to 3 point range where he has shown that he can hit it consistently. Thomas could never shoot anything beyond a lay up. I remember during the predraft workouts how everyone was talking about how well Tyrus could shoot. I never bought it... He never showed it at LSU. I have my doubts that he'll ever be a jump shooter. Seriously.
          This is true Blatche has always had the 3 pt range but in game's at the pro level he wasnt hitting anything consistantly until recently. I think when all is said and done Blatche will be looked at as a major steal. We got him at like the 48th pick (not positive but dont feel like looking it up) when alot of people felt he was going to be a late 1st rounder (a team promised him a 1st round selectio i dont remember who though) I hate to say it but Jamisons injury is kind of helping us. I mean we are getting in the playoffs no matter what (knock on wood) so now we aer getting a chance to develop Blatche. So when Jamison gets back and it comes around to playoff time Blatche will be able to contribute off the bench. Classic case of taking lemons and turning them into Lemonade.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
            Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
            And that's something we lacked last season in the playoffs. Tyrus had hands down the most upside in that draft. They worked him out twice and thought he wasd the best fit.

And how is that denial? Tyrus will be able to post up in about 2 years. He's already shown that ability this season. He's not going to be a paint player but he's got that ability.
            Popular belief is that TT had most upside but I actually have always thought Rudy Gaye had the most upside. The only true star I see coming out of that draft is Brandon Roy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang

Popular belief is that TT had most upside but I actually have always thought Rudy Gaye had the most upside. The only true star I see coming out of that draft is Brandon Roy though.
              Tyrus will be a star my friend. He's going to be an incredible shot blocker, a darn good defender, and explosive offensively. His athleticism alone is taking over games in points.

Rudy doesn't touch Tyrus' ability on the defensive end though.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Josh Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >Tyrus Thomas. 1 year younger, Better Shotblocker, probably top3 best shot blocker in the NBA already, Better rebounder, averaging 8.5 rpg playing SF/PF, better shooter as he can now hit the open jumper and has always been an average shooter but can really develop it, and a more explosive leaper, not to mention 4+ apg.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon
                  Josh Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >Tyrus Thomas. 1 year younger, Better Shotblocker, probably top3 best shot blocker in the NBA already, Better rebounder, averaging 8.5 rpg playing SF/PF, better shooter as he can now hit the open jumper and has always been an average shooter but can really develop it, and a more explosive leaper, not to mention 4+ apg.

Josh Smith looked terrible against Chicago. His outside game needs a lot more work and he still needs to get stronger. Keep in mind too that he's got 2 more years of experience than Tyrus, and he's got significantly more playing time.

Tyrus possesses post up ability, which I don't see Josh Smith having. I think Josh is more of a slasher type player than a low block guy.

Comment

• But I still like Josh Better, within the next 3 years will win defensive player of the year and at the end of the year his averages will be around 18+10, his ceiling is possibly higher than Tyrus because of his ability to play 4 positions, and honestly while Thomas may develop a little back to the basket game he will never become dominant playing that way, his points will come from offensive rebounds and cuts to the basket.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Supposedly after the wolves losss last night, KG was heard saying "thank god for opt-outs" as he headed into the lockerroom. :(
                      SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Josh Smith has arguably the most potential of any player in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon
                          But I still like Josh Better, within the next 3 years will win defensive player of the year and at the end of the year his averages will be around 18+10, his ceiling is possibly higher than Tyrus because of his ability to play 4 positions, and honestly while Thomas may develop a little back to the basket game he will never become dominant playing that way, his points will come from offensive rebounds and cuts to the basket.
                          Oh I know that. Although Tyrus will develop an outside shot, and he will develop a low post game. But yes, Smith is certainly more versatile.

Both still have a ton of room to grow though. And IMO both are two different players. Josh is like I said more of a slasher/outside guy. Tyrus will be more of a slasher/inside guy.

Comment

• Upcoming knicks and nets game. I'm telling you now, winner makes the playoffs.

Comment

Josh Smith has arguably the most potential of any player in the league.
                              Dwight *cough* Howard *eh em* ... Dwight is younger than Josh Smith.

Comment

Josh Smith has arguably the most potential of any player in the league.
                                Care to explain why? :?

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information