NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    Do you expect anything different from ESPN? ESPN appeals to the common fan who only knows 10 players in the NBA max. ESPN seems to think that Tebow is the only player in the NFL draft this year, so it doesn't surprise me that they only talk about one player in the NBA.
    Exactly.

NBA- Kobe/Lebron
    NFL- Favre/Manning/Brady
    NHL- Crosby/Ovechkin
    MLB- Yankees/Red Sox

This is nothing new, yet people seemed shocked by it whenever they talk about these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      1. ESPN celebrates Lebron's birthday. Come. On. They wear hats.

2. Magic and Cavs is a tossup right now, Orlando has been very inconsistent.

3. That's true, although I think the Mavs have one marvelously put together roster.

4. That's fine also. But at the same time it is weird that everyone comes out of the woodwork to celebrate Lebron when he hasn't won a ring. Maybe this is the year. But all the hypotheticals in the world can't give you a real ring.
      2. I would say the Cavs are the favourites right now in the East...as they should be.

3. KCJ made it seem like the Lakers were being slighted in some way. That is def not the case. Although I like the Mavs a lot as well I don't see it happening barring a major Lakers injury.

4. In the NBA no one can win a title by themselves. If LeBron were to not win a ring with a player of Pau's caliber then I would understand bashing him for not winning a ring yet, but it is unrealistic to expect someone to singlehandily win the championship. It just doesn't happen in the NBA

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post

4) Also...don't ***** about LeBron's lack of finals wins. In all honesty if you give Lebron either Shaq in his prime or Bynum and Pau I promise you he would win the NBA championship.
        gah i hate this argument. Cause no one knows. Give Lebron scottie pippen and Dennis Rodman. (does that make him better than jordan?) Give him Kareem, Worthy etc. (does that make him better than magic)

You're trying to give lebron credit by diminishing Kobe's accomplishments?

Leborn will most likely win one give him time, but stop with the, if he was on this team or if he had these players then of course he would win. You dont know that.

Comment

• I really don't like Flip Murray. Or Jannero Pargo.

And James Johnson is our new Tyrus, except without the faintest idea of what defense is.

Comment

• I love a bunch of players on the Grizzlies but they may have the worst offensive sets in the NBA. It is really incredible how little motion they have and when they do have some movement the picks are bad and the pass is always late. Good thing Randolph has been great this year on the offensive board, because their half court is atrocious right now.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
              gah i hate this argument. Cause no one knows. Give Lebron scottie pippen and Dennis Rodman. (does that make him better than jordan?) Give him Kareem, Worthy etc. (does that make him better than magic)

You're trying to give lebron credit by diminishing Kobe's accomplishments?

Leborn will most likely win one give him time, but stop with the, if he was on this team or if he had these players then of course he would win. You dont know that.
              The thing is in the NBA it is virtually impossible to win the NBA title with only one star. Sure I can not say one hundred percent that LeBron would win with Pau and Bynum, but i would say that if it were to happen I would bet any amount of money that they would.

I find it laughable that Lakers fans dismiss LeBron that he can't win a title, yet Kobe couldn't do it either when he didn't have an amazing supporting cast.

Comment

The thing is in the NBA it is virtually impossible to win the NBA title with only one star. Sure I can not say one hundred percent that LeBron would win with Pau and Bynum, but i would say that if it were to happen I would bet any amount of money that they would.

I find it laughable that Lakers fans dismiss LeBron that he can't win a title, yet Kobe couldn't do it either when he didn't have an amazing supporting cast.
                it's also no coincidence that the US couldn't win the gold without kobe.

Comment

LMAO.......

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Centers: Tim Duncan, Emeka Okafor
                    Forwards: Carmelo Anthony, Carlos Boozer, Richard Jefferson, Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom, Amar'e Stoudemire, LeBron James
                    Guards: Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury, Dwyane Wade

Vs.

Centers: Dwight Howard, Carlos Boozer
                    Forwards: Chris Bosh, LeBron James, Tayshaun Prince, Carmelo Anthony
                    Guards: Jason Kidd, Deron Williams, Michael Redd, Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul

I mean sure Kobe was great in the olympics but he definately wasn't the only difference between 04 and 08. That 08 team still wins without Kobe imo

Comment

• What about the 06 team?

Comment

Yeah that makes sense. In 2003 to qualify for the Olympics a team was assembled and cruised to a 1st place finish in the FIBA Americas championship. Ten of the 12 of those guys did not participate in 2004. This made ROOKIES, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony on the team. Add to the fact the team was assembled with 10 guys after the picks the US would want. However, just cut out facts to make your point.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

What about the 06 team?
                          Brad Miller and Kirk ******* Hinrich were on that team. cmon.

Comment

Brad Miller and Kirk ******* Hinrich were on that team. cmon.
                            The team still had a main core of D-wade, carmelo, lebron and dwight howard.

Im not saying he's the sole reason they won the gold but he was a huge cog in the redeem team.

The only reason I use this as an argument is because i disagree with every kobe critic saying that the only reason he won a title was because his team is stacked.

I also diagree with the whole plug and play approach being used on kobe. the <insert any name in place of kobe bryant> or <subtract kobe's name from team> = the same result.

It's actually a self fulfilling prophecy because they wouldn't have been considered stacked if they didn't win the title. No one thought bynum, odom farmar etc. were worth 2 shits before they won the title.
                            Last edited by soybean; 03-04-2010, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Im not saying he's the sole reason they won the gold but he was a huge cog in the redeem team.

The only reason I use this as an argument is because i disagree with every kobe critic saying that the only reason he won a title was because his team is stacked.

It's actually a self fulfilling prophecy because they wouldn't have been considered stacked if they didn't win the title. No one thought bynum, odom farmar etc. were worth 2 shits before they won the title.
                              Funny how you leave out Pau.

It is pretty clear that Kobe(as well as any other superstar) can only win a title with a very good supporting cast around him. I mean Kobe hasn't won a title without another top 15 player on his team. Coincidence? Obviously not.

So therefore, it is stupid to blame LeBron for not having won a title when he doesnt have the type of supporting cast needed

Comment

So at what point are you going to realize that all the players on the 04 team, got twice as good on the 08 team? Wade, Carmelo, Lebron in particuliar who are all top 5 players in the NBA were not nearly as complete back then as they were in 2008. Also, your talking about a group of young guys like that combined with AI and Marbury running the point compared with those same guys in their prime, with Deron Williams and Jason Kidd at PG. I mean, Lebron and Melo had what, 1 year of NBA experience? I also don't remember Dwight Howard playing on that 2004 roster, he was just drafted that season so.....

But I guess it's all just Kobe though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information