NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Javzz View Post
    He's unguardable because he can simply shoot over most 3's that guard him, and even post some up. (He does have a nice assortment of post moves). If they stick a 4 on him, he'll be able to take them to the perimeter where they can't guard him.

As mismatches go, he's similar to Dirk. And with Ray Allen along side him(assuming that's where he goes) teams won't be able to focus defensively on him.
    Do you think that Durant will be better than Rashard Lewis in his first season? Is Rashard Lewis unguardable? He shoots 3s and is as big as Durant.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      So you're saying Durant is not as good a pro prospect as these two? Grant Hill pre-injury was nasty.
      No if you read my post you would know that what I said was college success doesn't guarantee NBA success.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Um BigDawg, I love ya but Grant Hill was very good before he got injured. He was a stud that never really was able to put it together health wise. But yes, Laettner is correct; so is Dunleavy, William Avery, Trajan Langdon, and Jay Williams (struggled mightily his rookie year).

Durant will be a stud though.

Edit: Ok nevermind, I get what you said.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
          How'd that work out for him?
          Okay, let's just disregard the fact that Grant Hill's career was ruined by a string of foot injuries. The incredible play he displayed the first five years of his career is irrelevant.

rainbeaukid

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            Um BigDawg, I love ya but Grant Hill was very good before he got injured. He was a stud that never really was able to put it together health wise. But yes, Laettner is correct; so is Dunleavy, William Avery, Trajan Langdon, and Jay Williams (struggled mightily his rookie year).

Durant will be a stud though.

Edit: Ok nevermind, I get what you said.

Exactly, college success doesn't guarantee NBA success. Lets see Durant play a season in the NBA before all these peeps crown him the greatest thing since sliced bread. And Durant is not unguardable, if you honestly think that then you obviously have no clue about basketball.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
              Do you think that Durant will be better than Rashard Lewis in his first season? Is Rashard Lewis unguardable? He shoots 3s and is as big as Durant.
              In his first season? No, but over his career? Yes. If a player averages 20+ ppg through a season, I consider them unguardable.

Let's not confuse the arguement here, I'd take Oden with the #1. I'm merely saying the mismatch Durant poses, a long with his overall more refined skills, makes him more ready to make a quick impact in the NBA, rather than Oden who's offensive skills are raw. While his defenses skills are more polished, he still displayed the tendancy to get in foul trouble quick.

rainbeaukid

Comment

Exactly, college success doesn't guarantee NBA success. Lets see Durant play a season in the NBA before all these peeps crown him the greatest thing since sliced bread. And Durant is not unguardable, if you honestly think that then you obviously have no clue about basketball.
                Have you once tried to understand my point about Durant being a mismatch? It's hard to find a player with Durant's mix of perimeter oriented skills, height/wingspan, overall athleticism, and ability to take over a game the way Durant does.
                Last edited by Javzz; 06-26-2007, 02:35 AM.

rainbeaukid

Comment

• Originally posted by Javzz View Post
                  In his first season? No, but over his career? Yes. If a player averages 20+ ppg through a season, I consider them unguardable.

Let's not confuse the arguement here, I'd take Oden with the #1. I'm merely saying the mismatch Durant poses, a long with his overall more refined skills, makes him more ready to make a quick impact in the NBA, rather than Oden who's offensive skills are raw. While his defenses skills are more polished, he still displayed the tendancy to get in foul trouble quick.
                  Then according to you a decent portion of the NBA is unguardable? Your criteria is too broad, you should set the bar a bit higher.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• Every player is guardable. There is no such thing as an "unguardable" player. You can come up witha a plan to shut down every player in the NBA.

Durant is not "unguardable." If you're physical with him, it causes problems.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Every player is guardable. There is no such thing as an "unguardable" player. You can come up witha a plan to shut down every player in the NBA.

Durant is not "unguardable." If you're physical with him, it causes problems.
                      I've been saying that for quite a few posts now, finally someone sees the light! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Every player is guardable. There is no such thing as an "unguardable" player. You can come up witha a plan to shut down every player in the NBA.
                        This is true, however, there are players that when they get hot can become completely unguardable for that period of time. Durant fits such a mold.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          This is true, however, there are players that when they get hot can become completely unguardable for that period of time. Durant fits such a mold.
                          In college maybe, in the NBA not so much.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

In college maybe, in the NBA not so much.
                            The potential for him is there for him to be such a player at the NBA level, period.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• I'm sorry, I may be throwing the term "unguardable" out too leniently, but my general intent behind the term is a player that poses huge mismatch problems towards the defensive team.

Nonetheless, I'm holding my stance. In my opinion, Durant will contribute more than Oden next season. It's not as if I'm throwing out my opinion without a legit arguement. Perhaps instead of repeating yourself over and over and using "the college success does not translate to NBA success arguement"(disregarding the fact that few players have dominated the college ranks the way Durant has), you may form an arguement of your own?
                              Last edited by Javzz; 06-26-2007, 02:55 AM.

rainbeaukid

Comment

• What do you guys think Durant's playing weight should end up being? I say he ends up at 235-240 in maybe 2 years. Do you guys expect him to be bigger/smaller than that? What's Oden at these days anyways? 280? He looks like he could add some bulk too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information