No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal with Kyle Korver. We'll see how he can adapt to Thibs defensive scheme. He will certainly solve our 3 point issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      If I knew somebody growing up in the 90s who ended up as a fan of the Bulls, Yankees, and Cowboys, then yeah, I'd consider them a frontrunner. I won't say fairweather, but those sure were some pretty easy bandwagons to hitch yourself onto in the 90s.
      So what do you call the fans in Cleveland who will stop going to the gams of the Cavs now because Lebron isn't there? It's certainly not 'fans'. Now they may not go out and be fans of the Lakers or Celtics, but there has to be some sort of common ground here. If they don't give a **** about the teams, why should anyone else? Why should anyone growing up there be fans? If your not willing to support the team no matter what your certainly not a fan.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I mean I guess... but none of those guys have expierence in the post season and in the east next year as crazy it sounds they might make it with a couple players from the Cavs imo.

Seems pretty easy to me now that I look at it. 7 teams in the east that will make the playoffs in no order.. last spot is up to grabs seriously.

Boston
        ATL
        Miami? Prolly.
        Orlando
        Chicago
        Charlotte
        Milwaukee
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          LOL yea ok. Because the only fans of those teams lived in those cities. He should have known as a little kid to be a fan of every ****** ass Cleveland team, I'm sure all kids are the same way. It's only a big deal because he ended up really good, you act like at 10 years old he knew in 15 years he would have the weight of an entire city put on his back so he should force himself to like teams that people in that own city didn't even like?

Why do you think nobody was going to Cavs games before Lebron, or that nobody will go now? Or how about the Browns or Indians games? People in that city don't even like their own damn team.
          I don't care if he's a fan of Cleveland sports or not, but the fact that he's a fan of the biggest three bandwagon teams of the 90's just confirms that he's a front runner. Some people in Lebrons situation would take pride in proving themselves by taking a team who never meant **** to the promise land, while others would rather take the easiest road to winning. I don't fault either type of person, it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            So what do you call the fans in Cleveland who will stop going to the gams of the Cavs now because Lebron isn't there? It's certainly not 'fans'. Now they may not go out and be fans of the Lakers or Celtics, but there has to be some sort of common ground here. If they don't give a **** about the teams, why should anyone else? Why should anyone growing up there be fans? If your not willing to support the team no matter what your certainly not a fan.
            Since when does being a fan have to do with how many games you attend? I haven't been to a Wizards game in my life, so I'm not a fan? I haven't been to a Ravens game in about 4 years, so I'm not a fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              Since when does being a fan have to do with how many games you attend? I haven't been to a Wizards game in my life, so I'm not a fan? I haven't been to a Ravens game in about 4 years, so I'm not a fan?

I'm not basing it on a person to person basis, some people cannot afford tickets, or do not choose to go and prefer watching at a bar or at home. My point is that when you go from consistent sell outs, to a major drop in season tickets, and empty seats all over the place, that tells you something. Nobody cared about the Cavs before he got there, and most of them will go back to that now.

I also never knew or heard he was a fan of the Bulls though.

Comment

• whew. thank you bobcats. man, I'm glad the Nets didn't get him for that much. yea, we still need a power forward pretty badly, but don't overpay Tyrus like that. too bad the other guys we're looking at blow. A trade may need to be made Nets. Let's deal perhaps C-Lee, for a PF. I like Craig Smith for a signing...****, I'd take Al Harrington.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• City: Ottawa, Ontario
                  Name: Dave Smyth

The first comparisons people were making last night were that LeBron will now be Magic to Wade's Kareem, or more accurately Pippen to Wade's Jordan. Sorry, but the real comparison here is A-Rod.

A-Rod is also the most physically gifted and talented guy in his sport. A-Rod also has the biggest ego in his sport. A-Rod also has no heart and no guts and typically gags in the playoffs. A-Rod blew off a smaller market team (Seattle) that adored him to play in Texas. A-Rod decided to go the Yankees to win rings knowing that they would always be Jeter's team. A-Rod won a World Series last year but nobody considers him a champion the same way they look at Jeter because he didn't help build the Yankees. How is any one of those things any different in any way shape or form than LeBron? The Heat will always be D-Wade's team regardless of how many titles LeBron wins there. Congratulations on your decision LeBron -- you have successfully downgraded your career arc to A-Rod. Unbelievable.
                  Reader email from newest Sports Guy article. Absolutely nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    ESPN.com sources: Bulls to sign Korver to 3-yr deal worth estimated $15 mil
                    The Bulls listened to me, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

EDIT: The A-Rod comparison is an atrocious one. Seattle knew that he was gone (and he was never Ken Griffey Jr. or Ichiro popular in that city), Texas gave him the biggest contract in the history of sports and he went to New York because they were willing to pay him his salary AND IT WAS A GODDAMN TRADE.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I didn't even know they had room to sign him but thats good for them.
                      Coples is that dude.

Comment

• they had room for two max guys.

I want the bulls to pick one of the following 3
                        Craig Smith Hilton Armstrong Josh Boone
                        Last edited by bored of education; 07-09-2010, 08:19 PM.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          You guys hoping for tickets when Miami plays your hometown team might be SOL, lol.
                          I'd expect most teams to include the Miami games only in ticket packages to make people buy tickets for all the ****** games to see the Heat.

Comment

• Ray Felton to Knicks with a starting salary of 7 M, there you go NY at least it is something. Maybe Charlotte misses the playoffs? LB is still there but don't tell me Augustine is running point.

Felton and Amare both can run the floor maybe they fill that 7 8th spot, how insane would that be seeing that team in the playoffs in 2010-11 haha.
                            Last edited by thenewfeature06; 07-09-2010, 08:21 PM.
                            Coples is that dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              EDIT: The A-Rod comparison is an atrocious one. Seattle knew that he was gone (and he was never Ken Griffey Jr. or Ichiro popular in that city), Texas gave him the biggest contract in the history of sports and he went to New York because they were willing to pay him his salary AND IT WAS A GODDAMN TRADE.
                              That, and Lebron never took steroids to become the player he did either.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Reader email from newest Sports Guy article. Absolutely nailed it.
                                A-roid choked when he was on the Yankees. Lets say in Lebrons dream scenario he wins the finals, finals mvp, and regular season MVP or in a lesser scenario he wins the finals and is clearly the finals MVP. Whose team is it then? It took A-roid a while to get over the hump in NY. If Lebron hits the ground running and takes them right to title town i don't see how it is not his team.
                                Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information