NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    This, as a GM, you've got to stick up for your guy, especially if everyone's already giving you **** for getting him.

Without the trade, Miami wouldn't have signed both Big Z and Mike Miller.

But yeah, a GM calling out his own player? That's a pretty dumb move.

Lakers' GM doesn't go out and say "Kobe is immature and used to rape chicks and destroy teams, but he told me he doesn't rape or destroy anymore."

Grizzlies' GM doesn't go out and say "Zach Randolph is immature and used to think he's the guy from American Gangster, but he told me he doesn't have warehouses full of marijuana anymore."

Celtics' GM doesn't go out and say "Paul Pierce is immature and likes it up the ***."

That kind of stuff. Poor Beasley, they never leave him alone.

And regarding the three team trade, it's okay for LA I guess. It would be much better to get a big dude to replace Bynum at center so Gasol can stay at PF, and it would be ecstasy if we could get rid of Luke, but getting Paul straight up for Bynum isn't too shabby. And we clear cap space by just giving away Sasha.

Well all of those comparisons are terrible and I hope you realize that. But it honestly isn't a big deal. He didn't need to call him immature but the rest of it is perfectly fine. You've never heard a coach or front office guy say that a player has made mistakes in the past? Kahn just used specifics that everyone in the league knows about. On the scale of all the dumb things he's done or said over the last couple years it's VERY low.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
      Well all of those comparisons are terrible and I hope you realize that. But it honestly isn't a big deal. He didn't need to call him immature but the rest of it is perfectly fine. You've never heard a coach or front office guy say that a player has made mistakes in the past? Kahn just used specifics that everyone in the league knows about. On the scale of all the dumb things he's done or said over the last couple years it's VERY low.
      Lol, yeah, the comparisons are pretty bad, but it's kind of the gyst of it. No need to remind people of the mistakes he's made and that everyone knows he's made.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
        Why argue about Daniel Orton when Demarcus Cousins is obviously the second coming of Shaq?
        Fixed it for you

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          Fixed it for you
          Cousins is a ******* manimal.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
            He's not being sarcastic a bunch of Knicks fans on this board think he is the second coming.
            Haha, that's probably true although I envision him as a potential third option on a good team. He'd also be an awesome shooter for a team that had Paul on it.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            People actually like that bum?

wait, you're being sarcastic.

i think...
            Did you watch the Knicks at all this year? He was the only player that wasn't a complete idiot and was consistently effective. He was also being forced to be a shooter the entire time, and he can be more than that.

Also, I know you think players need to be shot blockers and rebounders but Gallinari is a SMALL FORWARD, not a PF or C. It was also essentially his rookie year and he showed an ability to get steals and block a shot from time to time. Also has a silky jump shot which would only improve when teams don't focus completely on him behind the arc like they did this year.

And that said, I'm not as crazy about him as some Knicks fans who envision him as a 25 point scorer.

Say what you will about him defensively, but it's not from a lack of trying.

/end rant
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Matt Barnes reaches 2 year deal with Lakers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...rsbarnes072210

EDIT: Can't believe he turned down almost double that offered by the Cavs.

They also signed Theo Ratliff.

I hope that doesn't get in the way of Derrick Caracter getting playing time.
              Last edited by soybean; 07-22-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• who didn't know Beasley smoked too much weed? did you ever see him play? GONEE!
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                  who didn't know Beasley smoked too much weed? did you ever see his eyes? GONEE!
                  I think that sums it up right there.

Comment

• Josh Powell to the Hawks:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5399853

Comment

• I just want to jump in and say I ******* love cousins so much it should be illegal ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        I just want to jump in and say I ******* love cousins so much it should be illegal ;)
                        my friend went to vegas this past weekend and watched some summer league games. Him and his friends agreed that he's a little baby. They said he would miss a shot then commit a turnover then wouldn't stop pouting.

He'll be a good player but he's too emotional and immature right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=29c7jcl

What do Magic and Lakers fans feel about this?

There is also then one not involving Pietrus

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=25mxkbm

and one where the Hornets get the max number of expiring deals while shipping Paul, Okafor, and Posey + trade exceptions

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=23jnag9
                          The one without Pietrus is laughable. Why would Orlando only want Songaila, Okafor and Posey? Pure crap contracts, with no reward. At least give us Collison if you won't give us Paul.

The one with Orlando getting Okafor, Posey and West... Yeah, I guess I would be happy with that.

PG Jameer Nelson / Chris Duhon
                          SG Quentin Richardson / JJ Redick
                          SF Rashard Lewis / James Posey / Stanley Robinson
                          PF David West / Ryan Anderson
                          C Dwight Howard / Emeka Okafor / Daniel Orton

I like the depth, the defense, the offense is balanced... this is a team that would have to win as a team. Not on the back of a star "go to guy".

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            I just want to jump in and say I ******* love cousins so much it should be illegal ;)
                            Loving your cousins is illegal.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• I like the Lakers signing Matt Barnes. They will need him in a finals against Miami. They can put a rotation of Artest/Barnes at LeBron James and at least make him work for his points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                I like the Lakers signing Matt Barnes. They will need him in a finals against Miami. They can put a rotation of Artest/Barnes at LeBron James and at least make him work for his points.
                                I am happy that Barnes landed with a good team. He was put in a role that was too much for him to handle in Orlando and still did a good to decent job. I liked his scrappy attitude and desire to take on a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information