NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia would **** Kobe up.

Btw, time to put Evans back in there. 5 fouls or not I think you need your best player out there.

Oh hey, here he comes.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• C'mon Kings.

Oh no Luther. Please stop shooting. Although he's played really good D on Kobe.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Ahhh, those quick 3's make my eyes bleed. ****** attack the rim and deebo people Tyreke.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
          When did Odom learn how to hit those step-back shots? When the Lakers are playing like that, it is frightening.
          He's been able to do it for awhile, he's just never had the confidence to shoot the J regularly.

I'm tellin ya, playing for Team USA this summer was exactly what he needed. He finally has confidence in his skills.

Coming out of college, the dude was supposed to be everything Durant currently is. He obviously doesn't have anywhere near that kind of ceiling anymore, but he's impossible to match up with when he plays to his fullest ability.

Comment

• Wasn't Durant much more of a scorer though coming out? I don't remember Lamar ever having KD's jumper/range and hitting it consistently. I remember Lamar being drooled over because he was 6'10" and was extremely versatile handling the ball, passing, running the break, rebounding, etc.

Lamar's always been an enigma. Dominant one game and disappears the next. Nice to see him stepping up though. He's the one x-factor that people sometimes forget about when they talk about the Lakers. When he plays really well the entire team feeds off it.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if Odom maintains this pace for just that reason (consistency). Something tells me he may come back down to Earth soon.

But I'm often wrong!
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I bet John Kuester is the first coach fired this year. He's got a feud going with Rodney Stuckey now. Stuckey ignored Kuester when he was trying to call his attention in the 3rd Quarter, and he pulled him from the game.. and I guess Stuckey refused to go back in. I think it's a pretty ****** thing of Stuckey to do though. We could've won this game but instead had to rely on Tayshaun and TMac to run the point for us.

Kuester is calling for Leadership from the team and seems to be putting all of the blame on the Players. Tayshaun said the blame should go both ways and Ben Wallace said he wouldn't talk about it.. Looks like Kuester is losing the team.

We're off to our worst start since 1980 and it's not like Joe Dumars is shy about firing coaches, I think we've had 6 different coaches in his 10 years of being our GM. I assume we'd promote Brian Hill to the Head Coach spot.

Comment

• The Rockets are 0-4. :(

Comment

• King Monta Ellis 39 pts 9 reb, 8 ast

Dubs 3-1
                    Last edited by EvilNixon; 11-04-2010, 08:01 AM.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Wasn't Durant much more of a scorer though coming out? I don't remember Lamar ever having KD's jumper/range and hitting it consistently. I remember Lamar being drooled over because he was 6'10" and was extremely versatile handling the ball, passing, running the break, rebounding, etc.

Lamar's always been an enigma. Dominant one game and disappears the next. Nice to see him stepping up though. He's the one x-factor that people sometimes forget about when they talk about the Lakers. When he plays really well the entire team feeds off it.
                      Oh yes, KD was a much more prolific scorer than Odom coming out. Odom didn't even play Division I in college, so he was a bit of an unknown quantity coming out. However, it was assumed that he'd blossom into a prolific do-it-all, ball handling forward in the NBA.

Going to the Clippers set his career development back a good five years. He's just now getting the Clipper stench off of his game. I worry that the same thing will happen to Blake Griffin. He already has the glazed look in his eye during timeouts and clock stoppages that says "holy ****, I'm the best player on the floor, but it doesn't matter and it's going to be stuck like this for a very long time".

I hate the Clippers so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        Oh yes, KD was a much more prolific scorer than Odom coming out. Odom didn't even play Division I in college, so he was a bit of an unknown quantity coming out. However, it was assumed that he'd blossom into a prolific do-it-all, ball handling forward in the NBA.

Going to the Clippers set his career development back a good five years. He's just now getting the Clipper stench off of his game. I worry that the same thing will happen to Blake Griffin. He already has the glazed look in his eye during timeouts and clock stoppages that says "holy ****, I'm the best player on the floor, but it doesn't matter and it's going to be stuck like this for a very long time".

I hate the Clippers so much.
                        Lolwut

College
                        In 1997, Odom attended University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) and was enrolled in summer classes. Following an academic scandal, an NCAA inquiry found Odom received payments amounting to $5,600 from booster David Chapman.[4] Coach Bill Bayno was fired and UNLV was placed on probation for four years. Odom then transferred to the University of Rhode Island, but had to sit out the 1997-98 season.

Odom played one season at Rhode Island in the Atlantic 10 Conference, where he scored 17.6 points per game and led the Rams to the conference championship in 1999. His three-pointer against Temple at the buzzer[3] gave the Rams their first A-10 Tournament title.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Odom#College

As a side, I never realized the whole UNLV thing. How was he allowed to still play after accepting money from a booster?

Comment

• KG is the ************* man.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            Lolwut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Odom#College

As a side, I never realized the whole UNLV thing. How was he allowed to still play after accepting money from a booster?
                            He didn't play a single game for UNLV. He was forced to transfer, sit out a season, and played one year for Rhode Island. I don't think Rhode Island was Division I at the time, but I could be completely wrong.
                            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 11-04-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Read what you just posted.

He didn't play a single game for UNLV. He was forced to transfer, sit out a season, and played one year for Rhode Island. I don't think Rhode Island was Division I at the time, but I could be completely wrong.
                              They were. They played in the A10, with Dayton, Temple, Xavier, etc.

That's what I meant. I had no idea he even went to UNLV, hence me being shocked at the being paid by a booster scandal.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                They were. They played in the A10, with Dayton, Temple, Xavier, etc.

That's what I meant. I had no idea he even went to UNLV, hence me being shocked at the being paid by a booster scandal.
                                Ahhh gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information