NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    I don't think that is the problem. It is more just typical lazy basketball, hence why they have blown so many leads. They lead the league in long 2pt shots. There is no reason that a team with those three should have to settle for low percentage jumpers. That screams a combination of laziness and a bad offensive system; both of which I would consider a byproduct of poor coaching.

In other news the injury to Haslem has finally woken up the Heat to sign Erick Dampier according to Marc Stein. About time I think. He's 6'11", rebounds and blocks. 'Nuff said.
    So what you're saying is the Heat are playing like they are an All Star team/team USA?

Comment

• Do you think that if you gave Phil Jackson that team that they would play like that? Or Pat Riley? That's my point. I don't think "Coach Spo" has the credibility to run that team.

Comment

Do you think that if you gave Phil Jackson that team that they would play like that? Or Pat Riley? That's my point. I don't think "Coach Spo" has the credibility to run that team.
        Absolutely agreed. They need a coach basically to tell them how to play, as sad as that sounds for an NBA team. Not a coach that will be their best friend and sit back letting them do what they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          So what you're saying is the Heat are playing like they are an All Star team/team USA?
          In fairness, they are missing Mike Miller who would be nailing those open shots Arroyo is missing. Once he returns he'll provide a big lift. Problem is he's an injury waiting to happen.

Wade, LeBron and Bosh are ball dominant players and it's hurting them right now. Talent wise they're ridiculous, but chemistry wise they really don't fit together. At least not right now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Has anybody figured out how Miami was supposed to be a better fit than Chicago if Lebron really wanted to win championshipz? I still can't figure that one out.
            People who think NBA 2k11 on pro difficulty is an exact copy of the NBA.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              In fairness, they are missing Mike Miller who would be nailing those open shots Arroyo is missing. Once he returns he'll provide a big lift. Problem is he's an injury waiting to happen.

Wade, LeBron and Bosh are ball dominant players and it's hurting them right now. Talent wise they're ridiculous, but chemistry wise they really don't fit together. At least not right now.

As long as they get Haslem and Miller back for the post-season that is what is important. As Boston showed last year, seeding and regular season performance doesn't mean anything if you can get hot at the right time. 72 wins is out of the picture, but that may be a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                People who think NBA 2k11 on pro difficulty is an exact copy of the NBA.
                Have you tried passing in that game? It's ******* ridiculous and thus I disagree.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Have you tried passing in that game? It's ******* ridiculous and thus I disagree.
                  Yeah, it seems like 2K racheted up the turnovers off of passes this year.

The actual turnovers per game isn't off, it's just that an inordinate amount of them come off of passes. They probably just did it to offset the incredibly low amount of turnovers from anything besides a picked off pass. You'll get an occasional three-second violation, but that's about it.

Comment

• It is a sad state of affairs in Miami in general. Did anybody catch this Lebron quote?

Originally posted by PR Nightmare Every Time he speaks
                    You don’t want anything easy, especially as a professional athlete; nothing is easy,” said James, who had 29 points and 11 assists.

“This wasn’t something I thought was easy ... I would rather it not be easy because you have to go through growing pains to be great at the end when you face those challenges you had early in the year. The easy button is not for us.”
                    Hey guess what...when you join up with Dwayne Wade and Bosh, you are taking the easy way, dilweed. I guarantee you Lebron thought it would be easy when he was talking about winning 7 championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      It is a sad state of affairs in Miami in general. Did anybody catch this Lebron quote?

Hey guess what...when you join up with Dwayne Wade and Bosh, you are taking the easy way, dilweed. I guarantee you Lebron thought it would be easy when he was talking about winning 7 championships.
                      Teaming up with them is no different than Kobe playing with Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol, the Boston big 4, etc. Can we move past this "taking the easy way out" canard?

Comment

Teaming up with them is no different than Kobe playing with Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol, the Boston big 4, etc. Can we move past this "taking the easy way out" canard?
                        Except that Kobe has never left the Lakers, and it's not his fault they acquired a bunch of talented players via trade. And the Boston big 4 was put together through trades and the draft as well.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Different means, same result.

Comment

Absolutely not...how can this not be considered the easy way. Staying in Cleveland woul be the "noble" way...going to Miami is the "easy" way(to a championship)

Comment

Different means, same result.
                              Not.......really.....

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

There are plenty of ways it is different.

Kobe was there first and didn't join up with anyone.

Both of those guys were traded for.

Why is Kobe even relevant to this discussion...

Lebron is the one talking about the easy way out, it's not even the fans. I don't know him and I suspect few do, but it definitely appears that his psyche is caught up in all this still, making it a legitimate talking point.

Literally every sound byte that comes out of Lebron's mouth is some new way of justifying his decision, or trying to get back in the good graces of a public that really does seem to have endless wrath to spew in his direction. It is getting sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information