Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    We were up by at least 12 after each of the first three quarters. That's the third close loss to a quality team this year. I now know what it feels like to be a Bills fan this year.
    The 4th Quarter of the NBA is the most important period in all of sports. Crazy **** happens. If you can't execute in the 4th you're ******. We went through the same **** last year. Got up on teams and pissed down our legs in the 4th and it cost us multiple victories.

    Most teams are defined by what they do in crunch time. The good ones come through and the bad ones don't.


    Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

    Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      Oh and told ya so with Brandon Bass (or maybe it was MOTH). Dude is a beast.
      I've been trying to hype him up since he left Dallas. LOVE players like him, he's a really underrated player and I hope his minutes continue to climb.




      Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      Eh, see, I just don't understand this line of thinking. How can you see everything he's done in a "new light" after he's left you? It sounds to me like you're just pissed because he left your team (which is fine) and not because he was always a douche and you just never realized it. If he said he was "taking his talents to crappy streets of Cleveland" you're telling me you wouldn't be defending him right now?

      I just hate the justifications people try to use for disliking LeBron now. There were plenty of people who disliked LeBron before he left Cleveland. I just find it funny people are trying to make up excuses to dislike him like "he took the easy way out." or "I'm seeing him differently now because he decided not to play for my team!"

      It's like all the Knicks fans who fapped to him 24/7 for two years straight and because he decided to go somewhere better he's a giant d-bag who we wouldn't want on this team. When in reality if he chose the Knicks everyone one of them would have done back flips and called the rest of the NBA fans crybabies or sore losers. It's pretty two faced.

      That's what bothers me, not the fact that people dislike LeBron or the Heat (I don't like either of them, btw).

      This is a great post and couldn't be more spot on, sad that some people don't see it.





      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

      Comment


      • Comment


        • It's almost sad that the Wolves,after drafting and acquiring 600 point guards, are a point guard away from being a legit playoff team.


          mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


          Originally posted by scottyboy
          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

          Comment


          • I've always been a big Bass fan...I actually wish he was starting. He's beasting this year.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              I'm not sure you are familiar with how defense works.

              How many points you score has no effect on whether your defense is good or bad. Just because you score 11 points more than you give up does not mean your defense isn't bad.

              Just so you know, it doesn't matter what they are limiting their opponents to in terms of shooting %. They are still letting them score 100 ppg. That's not good. It's not terrible, but still, it's enough to complain about.

              Now, that doesn't mean the Lakers aren't good. Anytime you score 11 ppg more than you give up you are going to be good. But that just means their offense is really good. But if you can't stop anyone from scoring, you are screwed if you offense has an off night.
              I don't know what you don't understand about 42.8% from the field and 33.5% from 3 point land. Also, opponents are only getting to the free throw 23.1 times per game.

              The reason why the Lakers give up more points per game is because they take more field goal attempts than the averag team, and there's more possessions to be had.

              By your logic, Portland is a good defensive team because they only give up 96.6 points per game. However, opponents are shooting 46.5% from the field and 34.0% from three point land.

              Finally, the Lakers are tied for 1st in the NBA in opponents points per shot at 1.14.

              I don't know what else I have to prove. They are a good defensive team. They give up less free throw attempts than most teams despite having more defensive possessions, and they are tied for 1st in opponents per shot.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                Eh, see, I just don't understand this line of thinking. How can you see everything he's done in a "new light" after he's left you? It sounds to me like you're just pissed because he left your team (which is fine) and not because he was always a douche and you just never realized it. If he said he was "taking his talents to crappy streets of Cleveland" you're telling me you wouldn't be defending him right now?

                I just hate the justifications people try to use for disliking LeBron now. There were plenty of people who disliked LeBron before he left Cleveland. I just find it funny people are trying to make up excuses to dislike him like "he took the easy way out." or "I'm seeing him differently now because he decided not to play for my team!"

                It's like all the Knicks fans who fapped to him 24/7 for two years straight and because he decided to go somewhere better he's a giant d-bag who we wouldn't want on this team. When in reality if he chose the Knicks everyone one of them would have done back flips and called the rest of the NBA fans crybabies or sore losers. It's pretty two faced.

                That's what bothers me, not the fact that people dislike LeBron or the Heat (I don't like either of them, btw).

                Anyways! Enough of the long/boring LeBron/Heat post. Toney Douglas is god damn amazing. Knicks are .500! WOO.
                Well, saying everything was an exaggeration on my part. But let's look at the CHOSEN1 tattoo, for example. I knew he was unbelievably cocky when he was younger, but based on a lot of his actions in Cleveland, to me it looked like he had moved past that arrogance. He always clowned around with his teammates, in a way that someone with a major superiority complex wouldn't. Then, when he took an hour long primetime special to basically stab all of his loyal fans in the heart and jump on a major bandwagon in Miami, it showed me no, he hasn't changed, he's still a cocky bastard. There are more I can't think of right now, but that's a big one. Both "The Decision" which was unbelievable, I mean, think about it, and the choice to go to Miami. I actually would have respected him more if he went to NY. At least in NY, he and Stoudemire create a great duo to give us exciting matchups with them vs Bosh/Wade, the Celtics and the Magic. That would have been a competitive move. When Bosh and Wade joined up, honestly I kinda saw the writing on the wall. But I figured he'd join another star, not have the vagina necessary to go team up with 2 top 10 players. And the way it all went down was really douchebaggish. No one in the Cavs organization knew a thing until he said, "I'm gonna take my talents to South Beach." That whole event just showed me that everything(again, an exaggeration) I thought I knew about LeBron was a fabrication. He's a walking PR machine.


                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                  Eh, see, I just don't understand this line of thinking. How can you see everything he's done in a "new light" after he's left you? It sounds to me like you're just pissed because he left your team (which is fine) and not because he was always a douche and you just never realized it. If he said he was "taking his talents to crappy streets of Cleveland" you're telling me you wouldn't be defending him right now?

                  I just hate the justifications people try to use for disliking LeBron now. There were plenty of people who disliked LeBron before he left Cleveland. I just find it funny people are trying to make up excuses to dislike him like "he took the easy way out." or "I'm seeing him differently now because he decided not to play for my team!"

                  It's like all the Knicks fans who fapped to him 24/7 for two years straight and because he decided to go somewhere better he's a giant d-bag who we wouldn't want on this team. When in reality if he chose the Knicks everyone one of them would have done back flips and called the rest of the NBA fans crybabies or sore losers. It's pretty two faced.

                  That's what bothers me, not the fact that people dislike LeBron or the Heat (I don't like either of them, btw).

                  Anyways! Enough of the long/boring LeBron/Heat post. Toney Douglas is god damn amazing. Knicks are .500! WOO.
                  I don't like him because he took the easy way out, and I am a Wolves fan. Is that more legit?

                  Bonekrusher.

                  Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by prock View Post
                    I don't like him because he took the easy way out, and I am a Wolves fan. Is that more legit?
                    Taking the easy way out is big for me, too. For people who say "Oh there's no such thing as an easy way," I challenge you to name a way that is in any way less difficult than teaming up with 2 top 10 players.


                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                      Taking the easy way out is big for me, too. For people who say "Oh there's no such thing as an easy way," I challenge you to name a way that is in any way less difficult than teaming up with 2 top 10 players.
                      teaming up with the lakers :)

                      but i dont want him so lets not kid about that.



                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        I've always been a big Bass fan...I actually wish he was starting. He's beasting this year.
                        I like to slappa da bass too, mon!

                        But seriously, I have been a Bass fan since he was at LSU. I thought he would have been the perfect fit for the Mavs at PF.

                        Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                        Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                          teaming up with the lakers :)

                          but i dont want him so lets not kid about that.
                          Even though that's technically a solution, it was never really a possibility so I'm hoping no one would seriously bring that up haha. Could you imagine the shitstorm if he took the MLE to play for the Lakers?


                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                            Even though that's technically a solution, it was never really a possibility so I'm hoping no one would seriously bring that up haha. Could you imagine the shitstorm if he took the MLE to play for the Lakers?
                            I dont want him, so i dont even want to think about it.


                            I remember on NBA live 10 i got Durant to take the MLE to come to L.A. so.....thats what id want. :)

                            Had

                            Tyreke Evans at PG
                            Kobe at SG
                            Durant at SF
                            Pau PF
                            and Bynum

                            haha we were a dynasty.



                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                            Comment


                            • Interestingly enough the Heat's problems have not been at Center really. Their biggest reason they're losing is because they have no one who can guard an average or better PG. Even TJ Ford has made the Heat his *****. My biggest disappointment for me is Mario Chalmers. I thought he would be a breakout player, but he's been AWOL.

                              Comment


                              • Jameer is playing some damn fine PG this year. His assists have skyrocketed the last few games as well.

                                And I like our team with Redick starting, no VC, and a lot O' Bass better than the healthy VC lineup.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information