NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    I tried to avoid the Kobe/Lebron debate as much as possible last season (and during this offseason) but this is why Kobe is so clearly the best player in the game.

Can he drive to the basket on every possession on a bad team? No, not anymore. But he's developed in almost every aspect of his game since he's been in the NBA. Not having to develop other skills is a poor excuse, because it opens up the things you do well so, so, so much more.
    But that's why the comparison is always awkward to me. We've seen Kobe develop and mature. We haven't seen LeBron's peak yet. He's improved his defense and shooting in the past two seasons to raise his game to an MVP level. He is 25 years old and now has to adapt to playing on talented teams. It has been slower than most thought, but would you really bet that he won't figure it out?

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
    I agree. He's a beast.
    I would still take John Wall every day and twice on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      But that's why the comparison is always awkward to me. We've seen Kobe develop and mature. We haven't seen LeBron's peak yet. He's improved his defense and shooting in the past two seasons to raise his game to an MVP level. He is 25 years old and now has to adapt to playing on talented teams. It has been slower than most thought, but would you really bet that he won't figure it out?

That's the great enigma about Lebron James. Is he truly focused on improving all aspects of his game like Kobe and MJ were? I have the same questions with Lebron that I do with Dwight Howard. Are they more concerned with improving as basketball players, or are they concerned with the status symbol of being a "superstar"? I honestly don't know the answer at this point.

Shaq was the exact same way. That's actually who Lebron reminds me of the most. Shaq was blessed with possibly the greatest skillset to ever grace the NBA, but he never truly reached his potential because he never put the work in. His talents, however, were so ridiculous that it didn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post

I really dont think Lebron has the work ethic. He seems to have the mentality that its all suppose to be easy.

However, it took MJ and Kobe a couple years to mature, so maybe thats what its going to take, but idk about him.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          I really dont think Lebron has the work ethic. He seems to have the mentality that its all suppose to be easy.

However, it took MJ and Kobe a couple years to mature, so maybe thats what its going to take, but idk about him.
          It took MJ and Kobe time to mature, but work ethic and dedication was never a question with them. The second they took the floor in the NBA, they started changing their games. They went from high-flying, iso-ball dunkers to guys who could do it all in a relatively short amount of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            It took MJ and Kobe time to mature, but work ethic and dedication was never a question with them. The second they took the floor in the NBA, they started changing their games. They went from high-flying, iso-ball dunkers to guys who could do it all in a relatively short amount of time.
            I agree, and like i said....i dont see the work ethic in lebron. He doesnt seem to have the same mentality that MJ had and Kobe has.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

I agree, and like i said....i dont see the work ethic in lebron. He doesnt seem to have the same mentality that MJ had and Kobe has.
              Since when do you have to act like an asshole/cutthroat player to have work ethic? Everything I've heard about LeBron is he has really good work ethic. His jump shot and free throw shooting have both come a long way since he came into the league. He's also become immensely good as a passer. Also a much better defender.

You guys are acting like he's done nothing since come into the league. He's improved in a ton of areas.

I'm sure he'll need to improve in his ability to move off the ball and will do so in time.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• All great NBA stars have to have a very good work ethic to get that far. LeBron has improved his weaknesses very well. The problem was that they got 3 players who play 1 on 1 most of the time. They need an offense to work with and to move without the ball. One other thing Miami could use is a good passing point guard who can bring them together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                  Since when do you have to act like an asshole/cutthroat player to have work ethic? Everything I've heard about LeBron is he has really good work ethic. His jump shot and free throw shooting have both come a long way since he came into the league. He's also become immensely good as a passer. Also a much better defender.

You guys are acting like he's done nothing since come into the league. He's improved in a ton of areas.

I'm sure he'll need to improve in his ability to move off the ball and will do so in time.
                  His jump shot is horrendous....Id let Lebron shot jumpers on me all day.

The guy is just immature and he comes off as a guy who doesnt feel like he needs to work.

Comment

His jump shot is horrendous....Id let Lebron shot jumpers on me all day.

The guy is just immature and he comes off as a guy who doesnt feel like he needs to work.
                    You know these things how? I'd love proof other than your own speculation and "feelings" about it. Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson always would rave about LeBron off the court, as well as his work ethic, during every Cavs game.

Also, if you don't think he's improved his jump shot I don't know what to tell you. It was horrendous his first couple years. And he was an awful free throw shooter. Improved in both areas. Clearly he's not an amazing jump shooter but to say he hasn't improve is absurd.

Comment

You know these things how? I'd love proof other than your own speculation and "feelings" about it. Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson always would rave about LeBron off the court, as well as his work ethic, during every Cavs game.

Also, if you don't think he's improved his jump shot I don't know what to tell you. It was horrendous his first couple years. And he was an awful free throw shooter. Improved in both areas. Clearly he's not an amazing jump shooter but to say he hasn't improve is absurd.
                      i didnt say he hasnt improved but for as long as he has been in the league it just seems like it could be much better if he really WANTED it to be.

How the **** do any of us know how his work ethic is? But IMO lebron comes off as a guy that doesnt have the work ethic....thats all im sayin.

Comment

• So since Mayo got benched in Memphis, maybe the Bulls should push for him.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          So since Mayo got benched in Memphis, maybe the Bulls should push for him.
                          thatd be a great pick up for them.

Why was mayo benched?

Comment

if they didn't they'd get fired.

Comment

thatd be a great pick up for them.

Why was mayo benched?
                              He really doesn't fit on a team like Memphis, and he isn't shooting very well for them this year. He would be perfect on a team in dire need of a shooting guard though (Hornets, Bulls, Nets).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

i didnt say he hasnt improved but for as long as he has been in the league it just seems like it could be much better if he really WANTED it to be.

How the **** do any of us know how his work ethic is? But IMO lebron comes off as a guy that doesnt have the work ethic....thats all im sayin.
                                And to me he comes off as a guy who does have work ethic.

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                                if they didn't they'd get fired.
                                Haha, maybe. They seem pretty genuine about it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information