NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    sorry to impede on your impeccable judgement but you ******* hated joakim noah coming out, kind of takes away from your credibility on big men
    Right, because I swung and missed on a player my opinion on big men is shot to ****. Good call. Next time you miss fire on a prospect I'll be sure to keep this post in mind.

I hated Joakim because of his personality more than anything. Plus, I thought he was just another version of AV. I happily am eating crow on that pick. I don't think anyone could've predicted he'd be this good though. His skill level exceeds what most believed. His offensive game is ugly, but he's very effective and knows his role.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Mutombo is much more athletic than Thabeet, and much more intelligent. I'd say a poor man's taller version of Theo Ratliff.

Mutombo never really came off as very intelligent to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        Mutombo never really came off as very intelligent to me.
        I don't see why you would think that. He anchored multiple defenses and he's a really intelligent guy off the court, he just has......speaking issues.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          Right, because I swung and missed on a player my opinion on big men is shot to ****. Good call. Next time you miss fire on a prospect I'll be sure to keep this post in mind.

I hated Joakim because of his personality more than anything. Plus, I thought he was just another version of AV. I happily am eating crow on that pick. I don't think anyone could've predicted he'd be this good though. His skill level exceeds what most believed. His offensive game is ugly, but he's very effective and knows his role.
          lol was just having a little fun with you, i just remember how much you absolutely hated him

Comment

Harden is terrible. Like really really terrible.
            OKC was in a bind as well with their pick. None of the guys on the board really fit what they needed.

I still have faith though that Harden can be a good player. He had a well rounded game coming out. Maybe he's a late bloomer. ;)

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

he just has......speaking issues.
              Derrick Rose FTW!

Comment

OKC was in a bind as well with their pick. None of the guys on the board really fit what they needed.

I still have faith though that Harden can be a good player. He had a well rounded game coming out. Maybe he's a late bloomer. ;)
                Curry fits their game-plan perfectly fine, as he can actually you know......contribute. Harden doesn't really do anything well right now, and he was supposed to be NBA ready.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Derrick Rose FTW!
                  Mutombo is from the Congo though(and speaks like ten languages)

Rose is from Chicago(and can't speak one)

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    lol was just having a little fun with you, i just remember how much you absolutely hated him
                    Oh I absolutely hated him coming out, but he's matured in Chicago. I think people misunderstood him more than anything including myself.

He's nothing like I perceived him at Florida. He's probably the best sound byte in the game right now.

Comment

• Didn't Rose have someone take his SAT or ACT for him? Pretty sure he's dumb...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        Mutombo is from the Congo though(and speaks like ten languages)

Rose is from Chicago(and can't speak one)
                        Derrick just isn't very camera savvy. I've heard him on the court and when he doesn't have a mic in front of his face and he's fairly smooth. I think he tries to be politically correct more than anything else so he comes off like a dummy. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with either so that doesn't help.

Comment

Didn't Rose have someone take his SAT or ACT for him? Pretty sure he's dumb...
                          Definitely not one of his better moments. But he's my dummy!

Comment

Curry fits their game-plan perfectly fine, as he can actually you know......contribute. Harden doesn't really do anything well right now, and he was supposed to be NBA ready.
                            They didn't really need a scorer than needed a defender and a guy that could play both guard spots off the bench, Harden was the perfect prospect for them imo

Comment

• I forgot that Curry went in that draft. Fail. Steph would've been a good fit next to Russ and KD. He seems like a player that could fit in most systems because of how well rounded he is offensively and how intelligent he is.

Btw, King Monta is 6 of 16 tonight against the Spurs. Just thought I'd give the nightly update since EvilNixon is probably cutting his wrists.

Comment

Derrick just isn't very camera savvy. I've heard him on the court and when he doesn't have a mic in front of his face and he's fairly smooth. I think he tries to be politically correct more than anything else so he comes off like a dummy. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with either so that doesn't help.
                                Sorry...but it is a damn good thing he is awesome at basketball or else I don't think he would even be smart enough to work at McDirts. Hell, I would rather listen to a post game interview with Bargnani, Calderon or even Hedo(BALL!) than Rose haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information