NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    They didn't really need a scorer than needed a defender and a guy that could play both guard spots off the bench, Harden was the perfect prospect for them imo
    They don't need a defender with Thabo and Westbrook being pretty damn impressive defensively. Plus, Curry could easily play either guard spot and Westbrook could cover him defensively if he had to.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      I don't see why you would think that. He anchored multiple defenses and he's a really intelligent guy off the court, he just has......speaking issues.
      The "Who wants to sex Mutombo" story is my favorite story ever.

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      They didn't really need a scorer than needed a defender and a guy that could play both guard spots off the bench, Harden was the perfect prospect for them imo
      Harden can't play PG, and if they drafted Harden with the 3rd pick thinking he would come off the bench that's the dumbest thing ever.

Comment

• Harden played only PG at ASU

Comment

Thabo Sefolosha?

Curry was probably the right choice for them. Dude would be a microwave off the bench, but it's nice to see him as a lead guard in Golden State.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• not only that but Haseem Thabeet is so ****ing lazy.

Colin Cowherd was comparing his twitter with Kevin Durant's

KD: Good workout..worked on ballhandling, finishing thru contact, pull up jumpers, pick n rolls, and making tough shots with a man on me!!...!"

Haseem Thabeet: "Late LUNCH before i go for a NAP!!! Mhmmmm Yummy."

Comment

Harden played only PG at ASU

NBA is different, he's pretty slow for a PG and isn't a very good playmaker. Actually he doesn't do a whole hell of a lot at an NBA level period so I guess you might as well put him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                NBA is different, he's pretty slow for a PG and isn't a very good playmaker. Actually he doesn't do a whole hell of a lot at an NBA level period so I guess you might as well put him there.
                He misses a lot of shots, so that has to count for something. I think he might be better offensively than Thabo as well.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  not only that but Haseem Thabeet is so ****ing lazy.

KD: Good workout..worked on ballhandling, finishing thru contact, pull up jumpers, pick n rolls, and making tough shots with a man on me!!...!"

Never use Colin Cowherd's name when you're trying to prove a point...even though you're point is absolutely valid, it just ruins your credibility.

Colin Cowherd is terrible. If I ever saw him in person, it would take every ounce of self restraint I have not to punch him in the eye.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Monta looked horrible last night. Slopball and Beans were the only ones who showed up. Spurs straight embarrassed them.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• On the Thabeet pick, Lional Hollins really wanted Ricky Rubio but he didn't want to play for Memphis. Chris Wallace (GM) wanted Tyreke Evans mainly because he thought getting a Memphis player would help sell tickets, but Hollins didn't want him. They took Thabeet because they thought they needed an extra defensive big since they were planning on getting Randolph, and they only had Marc Gasol otherwise. But yeah, anybody with a brain saw Thabeet would struggle in the NBA.

As for the Harden pick, he was picked to be a 6th man combo guard. His ceiling is that of Man Ginobili according to draft express. He's still young so you got to give him time.

Comment

Yeah like Senor said, the argument automatically fails because it involves Cowherd.

Also, using twitter to determine a players work ethic is probably the stupidest thing ever.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                          Yeah like Senor said, the argument automatically fails because it involves Cowherd.

Also, using twitter to determine a players work ethic is probably the stupidest thing ever.
                          So you're saying maybe he works really hard but he just sucks so horribly regardless?

Comment

So you're saying maybe he works really hard but he just sucks so horribly regardless?
                            It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Everything I heard about him in his time at UConn was that he was really coachable and was hard worker. Basically, like Greg Oden, the Grizzlies took a chance (a poor one, certainly) on him being a great defensive center who would develop offensively.

I do think it's hilarious though how everyone already thinks he's a complete failure when most people knew he was going to be a project as he was a super raw prospect coming out.

That said, do I think he'll be a good NBA player? Doubtful. He certainly could find his role as defensive stopper (not on Mutumbo's level by any means) and become a solid rebounder. Not what you want out of the second overall player taken in the draft, but it's happened a lot of times before.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

This is hilarious and funny as **** but I don't think it really proves anything. Twitter and Colin Cowherd? I'm sure you could go down any athlete's twitter and see something about eating or resting, it's a twitter acct of random activities.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
                                As for the Harden pick, he was picked to be a 6th man combo guard. His ceiling is that of Man Ginobili according to draft express. He's still young so you got to give him time.
                                My ceiling is Manu Ginobli as well but I don't have anywhere close to the basketball skills necessary to do that, so I guess I'm in the same boat as Harden.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information