NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    Athletically, maybe. But Lamar Odom was never as fast as LeBron was. LeBron is insanely fast for 6'8/250.
    I'm not saying he's an exact replica, i'm finding a good comparison. I think Lamar Odom in his prime resembles Lebron James from an athletic point of view and considering their ridiculous natural skill more than he does KG. Kevin Garnett became good at basketball over the years. Those other two guys' games just flow naturally. Nothing ever seems forced.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Garnett isn't clutch. He has Peyton Manning syndrome, where he can't rise up to a big occasion bc he already invests all his energy/emotion/dedication prior to the big moment. There's no gas in the tank to rise to that next level in the biggest moment.

It's interesting that you bring this point up, i've never discussed it before. Kudos to you.

While Peyton gives it his all beforehand and like you said, has nothing left at the end, would you prefer someone that didn't give it their all? It's kinda hard to judge cause you want that guy to prepare as much as possible. Idk, more opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Well, the thing about LeBron is, there have been guys who are freakishly athletically for their size and stature (Dwight, Lamar, etc.) but in terms of combining that pure athleticism and size with speed, no one comes close to LeBron.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I wasn't necessarily using my example when looking at his speed with the ball in his hands (and Lamar is not slow by any stretch of the imagination), but their size/athletic ability when compared to their natural skill. Yes, there are athletic freaks like Dwight, but that guy is probably the biggest robot in the NBA. There isn't very many players that are above the rim as far as athletic ability goes, and have the game to just dominate, but still suck for a good portion of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          I'm not saying he's an exact replica, i'm finding a good comparison. I think Lamar Odom in his prime resembles Lebron James from an athletic point of view and considering their ridiculous natural skill more than he does KG. Kevin Garnett became good at basketball over the years. Those other two guys' games just flow naturally. Nothing ever seems forced.

It's interesting that you bring this point up, i've never discussed it before. Kudos to you.

While Peyton gives it his all beforehand and like you said, has nothing left at the end, would you prefer someone that didn't give it their all? It's kinda hard to judge cause you want that guy to prepare as much as possible. Idk, more opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.
          That's a good question. I never really thought of it before...i want to say yes, i want the guy to prepare as much as possible, but Peyton is an example of how that can crash on you and cost you when you need him the most...

It's easy to say after the fact that I'd rather have a Joe Cool kind of guy who just has natural ability to go along with good but not overdone work ethic...but at the same time that's such a hindsight way of looking at things.

I really don't have a good answer for you. I don't know. I'd probably say I want a guy to bust his ass the way Peyton does.

Comment

• An MRI today showed that Yao has a stress fracture in his left ankle. It relates to the injury he had last year that caused him to miss all of last season.. So it looks like Yao is done for good. Stick a fork in him. :(

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• Rest of the NBA beware, it's Omer's time to shine...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Odom is Kevin Garnett without the work ethic, balls, heart, determination, or desire.

Basically, if Garnett was a two time champion, he'd be Lamar Odom.
                I don't see much of a comparison really.

Comment

• Rondo out a couple of weeks, eff

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                    In his prime, Lamar Odom was easily the most athletic player in the NBA. So, yes.
                    He isn't close to as fast LeBron nor is he close to as thick/strong as LeBron was. LeBron as a physical speciman/athleticism is light years ahead of Odom.

no ****

Comment

• Darius Miles was the only thing close to Lebron athletically at that size(that i can remember)
                      The new and MUCH improved Green Bay Scat

I Bleed Black and Gold

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        Rest of the NBA beware, it's Omer's time to shine...

He killed my Gallo boner.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Also, not to start another Gallinari discussion, but anyone who saw him play last night should see why some Knicks fans get excited about him. When he's asked to drive to the basket and get to the line he can pretty damn special. That base like dunk he had was pretty awesome too. He even flashed his passing ability on numerous occasions last night too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            Also, not to start another Gallinari discussion, but anyone who saw him play last night should see why some Knicks fans get excited about him. When he's asked to drive to the basket and get to the line he can pretty damn special. That base like dunk he had was pretty awesome too. He even flashed his passing ability on numerous occasions last night too.
                            hes the guy that missed those 3 free throws right, then let felton shoot the tech free throw, right?
                            The new and MUCH improved Green Bay Scat

I Bleed Black and Gold

Comment

• Originally posted by VUBlacknGold View Post
                              hes the guy that missed those 3 free throws right, then let felton shoot the tech free throw, right?
                              Yeah, it was just a flukey thing. He's money from the line. Also he didn't "let" Felton do anything. Felton always shoots our technical FT's because he's a damn fine FT shooter himself.

Comment

• Don't you dare speak ill of Captain Sexy.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information