No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have zero interest in a deal that involves Felton. Billups is going to be 35, so I dont blame them, if they want to sit it out and hope Melo hits the market next year. They'd be far better off that way, with a much stronger nucleus.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      The KNICKS turned that down? Sounds like it would have been a steal on their end.
      Yeah I wouldve done it but they thought that would be too much to give up for Melo.

If I was the Rockets, I would call the Nuggets right now and offer Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Shane Battier and a 1st round pick for Melo. Brooks and Martin would replace the scoring of Melo and Battier has an expiring contract worth 7 million.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Dwight is just playing unreal right now. Everyone else on the team is terribly inconsistent, but Dwight has finally reached that level offensively, where he can carry this team on his back.

Oh, and we straight stole Earl Clark. I absolutely love this kid.
        Bingo! Jingo! Jango!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
          Chris Broussard on ESPN said the Knicks turned down an offer that would sent 3 starters(Gallinari, Felton and another guy not named), Curry's expiring contract and a 1st round pick for Melo and Billups.

Thoughts?
          I'm glad, Chandler, Gallo, Felton and a pick is just too much to give up when waiting for the offseason means we would only need to get rid of Chandler. It's not that Melo's not worth more, it's that if he wants to come here in FA we're going to need young pieces to build a contender around him and amar'e.

I mean the Lakers stole Pau Gasol for one good prospect and two late first rounders which is on par with what the knicks have already offered. I don't see why the knicks need to go that much higher from that offer just to get melo 4 months sooner. Wait it out and if Denver doesn't budge let the young guys get more experience by playing a bigger role in a playoff run and then focus on melo in FA where we'd be the favorites to secure his signature.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Melo signs with the Knicks, or even that he opts for free agency. It's not out of the question that the drawn out "Melo-drama" and the fact that they have rejected a trade that was on the table left a bad taste in his mouth and his desire to go to NY isn't as strong as it used to be.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• If I was the Knicks, I wouldn't trade Felton either.

Comment

• yes but now that the knicks are relevant for the first time in a while, their fans have been coming out of the woodwork like crazy and the media's all up on it. hence the "forgone conclusion" he's going to the Knicks. it's going to be interesting how it all pans out and if he actually does test the market
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  I'm glad, Chandler, Gallo, Felton and a pick is just too much to give up when waiting for the offseason means we would only need to get rid of Chandler. It's not that Melo's not worth more, it's that if he wants to come here in FA we're going to need young pieces to build a contender around him and amar'e.

I mean the Lakers stole Pau Gasol for one good prospect and two late first rounders which is on par with what the knicks have already offered. I don't see why the knicks need to go that much higher from that offer just to get melo 4 months sooner. Wait it out and if Denver doesn't budge let the young guys get more experience by playing a bigger role in a playoff run and then focus on melo in FA where we'd be the favorites to secure his signature.
                  Yet the window to land a superstar is so tiny and the Knicks barely escaped distaster this offseason by landing one of the several superstars available. IMO if you have a chance to create a dynamic trio of Stat, Felton, and Melo you do it. There are so many factors which could land Melo elsewhere. Maybe the Nuggets end up trading him to LA or Houston and he signs an extension, hell maybe he ends up signing an extension with Denver because he's somewhat comfortable there and wants to secure money. There is even a definite chance that with this new CBA the NBA implements a franchise tag which would keep these stars away from Free agency and take away their leverage, or maybe he doesn't even sign with the Knicks and ends up with the Clippers, Nets, Wizards, or whoever. The fact is while guys like Gallo, Chandler, and Fields are nice role players Melo is a superstar. You won't be able to extend them in the future anyways if you have Melo and Stat on your payroll, plus they play the same position as Melo. I just think while New York thinks that waiting till free agency is playing it safe, you are risking the chance that you are a perennial mediocre lower playoff seed type team. Amare is already 28 with a bad injury history, IMO if you have a chance to secure a superstar trio right now, you do it. You'd sure feel stupid if you end up not landing a star because you didn't want to give up Gallo, Chandler, or a mid first rounder. And I know some Knicks fans also have dreams of CP3 or D12, but again those are just dreams, like landing LeBron and Bosh.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Well if the Nuggets are talking to the knicks until the deadline waiting on Walsh to crack and take their offer they won't have time to get a better for Melo. I mean look if it came down to them trading Melo to Dallas or to us, I'd relent, but I just don't think any team is going to trade for Melo without an extension and I don't see him signing an extension with any team other than us right now, I might be completely mis-reading this and Melo might sign the extension or Cuban might just trade for him anywya, but that's not my gut reaction on this. *shrug* we'll find out soon enough.

And if we get melo for all of our young talent we'll be a perennial 2nd round and ECF loser, which isn't exactly what people who complain about being a perennial low seed would prefer. Melo, Amar'e and Felton/Billups is just never going to beat Lebron, Bosh and Wade without a much better supporting cast, the way boston's beating them, which the knicks won't have a chance to build if we trade all of our young guys.

As for superstar trios, you need a third star for that to work and while I love gallo, he misses too many wide open 3's and doesn't utilize his crafty passing and midrange game enough to be a 3rd star. In case you meant Felts or Billups neither comes even close to being a star PG. Billups is really old so the window to win would be tiny with him and Felton's decision making is atrocious when Amar'e's covered.
                    Last edited by Rosebud; 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      And if we get melo for all of our young talent we'll be a perennial 2nd round and ECF loser, which isn't exactly what people who complain about being a perennial low seed would prefer. Melo, Amar'e and Felton/Billups is just never going to beat Lebron, Bosh and Wade without a much better supporting cast, the way boston's beating them, which the knicks won't have a chance to build if we trade all of our young guys.

Yea but what is the alternate? I mean, are you gonna be better then Miami without the trade? So why knock the trade by putting it on that pedastal, nobody is probably better then Boston this year anyway so you'd at least set yourself up very nice for next year.

I just think Billups/Melo/Amare is a great core to build around, and I guess I don't think any of those guys are worth holding onto.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Billups is no spring chicken....almost 35. You cant really "build" around him.

It's a gamble...but if they wait it out and they grab him in FA, they have a much better nucleus. Felton, Fields, and potentially even Chandler would all be in the mix still. Is it really giving up Felton for? meh. Good young PGs arent easy to come by and the window would be open much longer.

Sure it's not a certainty that Melo would be available or sign...but I think it's worth the gamble, if the Nuggets are firm on acquiring Felton.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          Billups is no spring chicken....almost 35. You cant really "build" around him.

It's a gamble...but if they wait it out and they grab him in FA, they have a much better nucleus. Felton, Fields, and potentially even Chandler would all be in the mix still. Is it really giving up Felton for? meh. Good young PGs arent easy to come by and the window would be open much longer.

Sure it's not a certainty that Melo would be available or sign...but I think it's worth the gamble, if the Nuggets are firm on acquiring Felton.
                          They will lose Chandler anyway if they go the Knicks go Fa route with Melo. Cause Chandler is a RFA and no doubt is going to get a rise in salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                            Yeah I wouldve done it but they thought that would be too much to give up for Melo.

If I was the Rockets, I would call the Nuggets right now and offer Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Shane Battier and a 1st round pick for Melo. Brooks and Martin would replace the scoring of Melo and Battier has an expiring contract worth 7 million.
                            I like what the Rockets are doing. They have a ton of young talent are all they're lacking is a legitimate center from being a DAMN strong team.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Wade and Bosh are gang banging the Pacers atm.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                                Wade and Bosh are gang banging the Pacers atm.
                                What was that you were saying? :)

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information