No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None of the teams that have been rumored to the Melo-Drama have done so with the intention of just renting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      plenty of teams will make offers without a extension on the table just for a rental
      Sure, you can make an offer for the rental, but you're not going to mortgage your future for a single run. You only do that when you know you're going to have a superstar locked up for half a decade or more. You're not going to get much more than an Omri Casspi and protected 1st for a 3 month rental like that.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
        Sure, you can make an offer for the rental, but you're not going to mortgage your future for a single run. You only do that when you know you're going to have a superstar locked up for half a decade or more. You're not going to get much more than an Omri Casspi and protected 1st for a 3 month rental like that.
        Exactly, without an extension most teams are going to be extremely hesitant about giving serious long term assets, meaning it's highly unlikely Denver gets an offer that even beats NY's initial offer of Wilson, instant savings and picks, at least not significantly.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          Exactly, without an extension most teams are going to be extremely hesitant about giving serious long term assets, meaning it's highly unlikely Denver gets an offer that even beats NY's initial offer of Wilson, instant savings and picks, at least not significantly.
          You say Melo is worthless because he needs an extension....yet completely ******* ignore that Chandler is a RFA at the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
            You say Melo is worthless because he needs an extension....yet completely ******* ignore that Chandler is a RFA at the end of the year.
            Yeah but being an RFA means he can't go anywhere unless his team lets him. Carmelo does not have that restriction.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
              Yeah but being an RFA means he can't go anywhere unless his team lets him. Carmelo does not have that restriction.

No...just means that they can match any deal he gets on the open market. Obviously it is way better than UFA status....but Denver would have to pay the open market salary for Chandler(if they wanted to keep him)....which they could do without the trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                So are the Heat overrated for people tagging them as winning the east this year and 7 championships, when they havent even beat the celtics, let alone even played for a championship yet?

And we are bowing down to the greatness of the heat?
                Yes, some1 used my phrase!!!!! I just don't get it tho. Here is what kind of pisses me off about the Lakers. If my Heat lose back to back games to the Bobcats and the Cavs (which would never happen cuz LeBron would not take a game off against the Cavs), but lets just say we did. People would not be giving excuses, people would not be asking if the Heat are bored. There are still people saying that, granted most people are reacting the way I do. U know like they need to get rid of Artest, the need a younger PG, they need Melo, and all that noise. But it just kinda irks me that people just say, ahhh the Lakers took the games off, it apathy, thats their problem. That would never happen for the Heat. All sorts of **** would happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                  Yes, some1 used my phrase!!!!! I just don't get it tho. Here is what kind of pisses me off about the Lakers. If my Heat lose back to back games to the Bobcats and the Cavs (which would never happen cuz LeBron would not take a game off against the Cavs), but lets just say we did. People would not be giving excuses, people would not be asking if the Heat are bored. There are still people saying that, granted most people are reacting the way I do. U know like they need to get rid of Artest, the need a younger PG, they need Melo, and all that noise. But it just kinda irks me that people just say, ahhh the Lakers took the games off, it apathy, thats their problem. That would never happen for the Heat. All sorts of **** would happen.
                  That's because the Lakers have "earned" that benefit of the doubt by winning the past two NBA championships. The Heat haven't earned ****.

Comment

That's because the Lakers have "earned" that benefit of the doubt by winning the past two NBA championships. The Heat haven't earned ****.
                    Two time defending champs should not lose to a team thats 9-48 going into the game. No excuses, no excuses at all. They lost 26 games in a row at one time during the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                      Two time defending champs should not lose to a team thats 9-48 going into the game. No excuses, no excuses at all. They lost 26 games in a row at one time during the season.
                      No they shouldn't, but they do deserve the benefit of the doubt that they can bounce back.

Comment

No they shouldn't, but they do deserve the benefit of the doubt that they can bounce back.
                        Yeah, its a good point. It would be interesting to hear what people say if the Lakers were not two-time champs like they are. See if they stiil get the oh, they are just apathetic excuse.

Comment

The problem with Melo is that if he doesn't sign the extension it's probably because he's going to walk as an UFA, Wilson isn't going to get a max offer from every team on the first day of free agency and so Denver only needs to match one offer for him rather than battling off every other team that's interested in Will on the open market. Melo without an extension means a couple months of melo is all you're getting, the same is not true of Wilson Chandler.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                            The problem with Melo is that if he doesn't sign the extension it's probably because he's going to walk as an UFA, Wilson isn't going to get a max offer from every team on the first day of free agency and so Denver only needs to match one offer for him rather than battling off every other team that's interested in Will on the open market. Melo without an extension means a couple months of melo is all you're getting, the same is not true of Wilson Chandler.
                            Well, the way it works....every team can make an offer("battle for") to Chandler...he chooses which one to accept...and then Denver could choose to match or not. So Chandler would still be getting the highest deal possible that he could on the open market...Denver could just choose to match or not.

Comment

Well, the way it works....every team can make an offer("battle for") to Chandler...he chooses which one to accept...and then Denver could choose to match or not. So Chandler would still be getting the highest deal possible that he could on the open market...Denver could just choose to match or not.
                              So you're point is that they'll have to pay Chandler what he's worth and are guaranteed his services instead of having to convince him that they're offer is better than other teams' offers? Yeah they'll have to pay chandler, but do you really see him getting some colossal, team crippling deal?

BK

Comment

• Chandler is just an MLE player anyway. That's the absolute most I see him getting. Teams with cap space won't go out there to sign Chandler.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information